Be in mech eng

>be in mech eng
>have "girls in engineering" summer camps for highschool and middle school girls only
>literally all of the women in my year of mech eng program (4th) work there because they didn't get a summer work position

Apparently this is a thing all over the place. Why do these women go into engineering to not be an engineer and instead encourage other women to go into engineering? Do you see this yourself at your school?

Other urls found in this thread:

aps.org/careers/statistics/bsempsectors.cfm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your school blows and so do your girls.

It's a top 40 school, but thanks

>>It's a top 40 school

highly ranked by employers or other eggheads and academics?

Well it's the #2 engineering school in leafland.

Sauce on this cute?

>in canada

fucking lol

>All this cope
Engineer here, I see this, too. Even the brightest girl in my class has dropped out if her Master's and gone into management. All this overpromotion of engineering is sending tons of girls into a field that they really have no interest in. Once they enter the workforce, only the most autistic anti-Stacies survive. Sad, really.

>. Why do these women go into engineering to not be an engineer and instead encourage other women to go into engineering?
if you can't do it. teach it.
easy way to make money and hope you inspire some kid to do more than you.

>fool tons of retarded stuck-up Stacies into tens of thousands of dollars in debt
>make them feel truly unintelligent for the first time in their lives
>they go on to promote it to the next generation of Stacies and the cycle continues
How is that sad exactly?

This but in CS

Because they could be my pure unbrainwashed virgin wife instead

> mech eng
A mediocre physics or math major would make a better engineer than the top 1 percentile of engineering graduates

That's like saying a psychiatrist would make a better preacher than the top 1% of theology graduates. Why would a physics or math major ever become an engineer?

In a way, a psychiatrist could make a better preacher than the top 1% of theologians.

>Intelligent enough to get into med school
>Charismatic enough to be Chad to get into med school
>Understands human psychology
>Sedates everyone with medication
>#1 preacher in the world

>being this delusional

Its because they think women and men are the exact same

They're still maintaining that delusion, and so because of that, the only logical conclusion that still clings to that idea, while also explaining the vast difference in numbers between men and women in STEM fields, is that society is making women uninterested in science

The vast majority of us just aren't interested in science

Yes, we had to undergo cringey classes in high school telling us to be more interested in it, with constant "gurl power" messages spouted every 5 seconds. Protip: if it starts with 'girls in' or 'women in', its absolute trash. Being one of two women in a room full of cringey betas and white knights is still infinitely better than gender studies, stem flavor

Oh geez, its the "things i dont believe in require no skill or talent" meme

As a former mediocre physics major and current engineering major, I agree.

First of all, theologians have a variety of career options other than being a preacher (also, not all preachers have a background in academic theology).

Secondly, the analogy you made is not apt because theology is on the same level of abstraction as philology, literary analysis, etc where engineering is a lower level application of physics. My point is that the skills and heuristics that engineers learn are less valuable, even for solving practical problems, than those at a field that is more abstract, like math or physics.

feminism is about population control, & that's it.

most engineering jobs barely do "engineering". you are on the phone or writing emails most of your day. women are just fine at that.

hey guys, look at my personal, anecdotal evidence

Except you can't legally work as an engineer so no.

>How is that sad exactly?

Because quotas demand that they get hired, not you, and the competency level of the field will plummet.

Actually you can, you're just not going to be a professional engineer. Where did you get this dis info from?

You can be a professional engineer as a physicist in non-cucked countries without washington accord.

The point I was trying to make was, although the skills might be applicable, someone that wanted to be a preacher would never have gotten a PhD in Psychology in the first place. Likewise, a physics or math student would hate doing engineering work, because engineering isn't about creating a perfect system, but a system that's "good enough" while meeting time and budget constraints.

That's why engineering firms rarely hire physics and math majors, not because they don't have the necessary skills, but because they would leave as soon as they found something more relevant to their field.

>no Washington accord
>not a third-world country
Pick one

Meant for

>blows and so do your girls.

Every STEM major dreams of being a program with females that blow.

>4/10 girl asks for help with a problem
>logistical team established
>12 ultrabetas that tirelessly attempt solving it for the minute chance of getting a 'thank you' handjob

Being a girl in engineering can be fun, you BARELY have to understand simple mathematics and then you get carried the rest of the way by female only STEM scholarships and thirsty faggots

Implying all but the most autistic anti chads don't graduate in any hard science in a sufficiently respected institution.

t. Non-engineer

I dunno. Not the career path I would have chosen but whatever makes you happy I guess...

A tax on the stupid. Like pet rocks and lottery tickets.

Not implying that at all, but I don't see anyone trying to push chads into engineering

>Having to deal with sweaty bois trying to get with you all the time.
>Restricting friend groups to about 4 girls that are autistic.
>Not being able to get chads because they're already taken by 7/10 qt. rad(3)*3.14/rad(3)s.
No thanks.

>engineers are so incompetent they have to rely on the state to protect their jobs instead of relying on their merit
lmao

Can everyone stop larping

GODSAD

>Team of physics majors and team of ME majors at uni compete against eachother in a larger "concrete canoe" competition.
>Physics majors work with ASCE alumni to design concrete, structure and mold
>ME team buys concrete, molds with an actual canoe
>Physics majors' boat is strong, light-weight
>ME team has an ugly, heavy-ass boat that barely fits the team

>Physics team didn't properly secure boat in truck bed, breaks in half on the way to the competiton

physics majors would design the perfect rocket and have the wind blow it over on the launch pad

>Like pet rocks
delet this
My pet rock is very useful and even opens doors for me thank you very much.

>implying I want a chad or even that chads are desirable to non-stacies
>implying having to deal with sweaty autismos isn't worth free answers on literally everything but tests
>implying I would have a friend group not only consisting of a few autistic girls regardless of my major

Sorry fren

>he thinks going to a school that canadians find good means anything

Can confirm
>be physics major
>working with CS majors on robot
>robot doing well thanks to my help
>I stand too close to robot
>robot detects me, safety features kick in and it stops abruptly, keyboard falls off and smashes into a million pieces
>can no longer work on robot till the new robot-compatible keyboard arrives

>women posting ITT

>women posting in a thread about women

>actually believing this

It's okay. You can hang put with us and hear us talk about our high paying jobs and succes. We might even hear about how you didn't get that grant money and how well you're doing with whatever you make as a TA.

p-pls be my gf

>p-pls be my gf
Are you accepting of the "Feminine" penis?

only if you passable and a bottom

Razors hurt the skin. Hairy ass for life.

Veeky Forums is going insane with imaginary power

aps.org/careers/statistics/bsempsectors.cfm
psychology has nothing to do with preaching but engineering is a direct application of math and physics

this is chronic brainletism
math / physics majors with good grades have so many more career options than majors in any flavor of engineering. academic research is the most fulfilling option for some, but many more go on to do finance, software engineering, risk management etc

Uh k can I have last nights homework though?

God, first you guys start saying liberal arts are useless when they don't get good jobs, now you're fighting amongst yourselves in a dick measuring contest of who gets the most pay

>Wanting fake green paper

Welcome to post-2008