So, how do you guys feel about him?

So, how do you guys feel about him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsNFUDweoX4
youtube.com/watch?v=nU6_NIhoX-U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One of my favorite food channels right now, second only to Foodwishes. My GOOD friend Chef John has never let me down.

You can't like him because reddit does because channers have a superiority complex where they think anything reddit likes is shit

I'm subbed. I heard about him from here. Cooking in Russia too. I've been a food wishes junkie for years though. I don't even remember how I ended up coming across it.

He's a skilled cook, he does interesting recipes and his humor isn't half bad. Good voice as well.

I like him. Now please, PLEASE! Stop posting this thread.

Fuck. I really liked this guy. I didnt know reddit was into him. I guess he's shit. Fuck this guy.

i made fight milk from his iasip video and it was pretty nice

I made the Goodfella's prison sauce and it was really great. I've never made much Italian food, though.

That sauce was still so meaty, rich and decadent tasting. I love Italian sausage too, so it really couldn't go wrong.

My favorite of his is right now his chicken tikka masala recipe. I also wanna make that crisp peach cobbler for my sister's birthday in a week.

>him

Chef John's a pretty OK guy. His voice can be a little annoying though.

My favorite

Literally nobody's favorite.

chef john clearly knows his shit but i just can't deal with his upward inflection

Now that I think about it. He does seem a little hipstery. Well, rules are rules. Unsubbed.

Glad there are anons out there checking what's hot on reddit so we know what we cannot like anymore.

Not even a chef and it shows.

>Glad there are anons out there checking what's hot on reddit so we know what we cannot like anymore.

They are doing gods work. I am glad I can just stick to the front pages of Veeky Forums and get my filtered content. I would hate to like something that I shouldn't, by accident.

It's near unbearable. I can chain watch babish's videos but I can only deal with max two of john's videos.

>when chef john scrapes the fork on something crispy

>when he can't help himself from repeating the phrase "around the outside" at least twice more every time he says it
>that anticipation when he says it the first time

>chicken tikka masala

is this a new meme food?

Yeah, we're dangerously close of passing the popularity threshold, after which most anons will feel obligated to dislike him as to remain looking non conformist.

No way. I don't like him already. I'm claiming it so that I can unironically say that i didn't like him before it was cool to do so.

Fuck, this bitch might even make me sign up for a trip and reddit platinum tier so that you anonymous kinfolk on a Cyprian freighter inventory tracking system know how early on i hated him.

I like his voice it's like a cartoon character teaching me how to cook

*Cypriot :^)

No.

Not as good as deermeatfordinner

I agree, but he's alright at following recipes or instructions. I watched some vids a while ago though and the little stuff altogether, like his knife skills, evidences he's not really a chef.

Chef John's video on hashbrowns created a household meme for me. Back at home, every time I cook hashbrowns and watch the video to remind myself how to make them, my mom calls me the boss of my breakfast potatoes just like he does :)

youtube.com/watch?v=PsNFUDweoX4

>tfw want to make butter with Brad
>tfw want Brad's butter in my mouth

fucking wristlet

I want him to make me Il Timpano
(yes I quite enjoy Babish)

He's okay I guess. Presentation is good, voice isn't annoying, the show isn't mostly timewasting filler. It's missing something though

the shilling going on ITT is fucking ridiculous. I watched his office Kevin's chili video and he poured the fucking final product on a carpet because....
>LOLLL LE THATS WHAT THEY DO ON DA SHOW!!!!! XDDDDD
fucking reddit, and shills ITT are trying to make you look bad for calling him what he is. But he is the literal definition of reddit. Fuck this faggot

There is a particular brand of entertainment and culture which is synonymous with hipsters and cringeworthy behaviour, originating around the turn of the decade. Reddit just happens to be a hub for that culture, it isn't that we hate everything just because it comes from there.

I like him. He's fun.

oliver "please donate to my patreon goys" babish

damn you're mad over nothing. is the rest of your life really that shitty?

>everything should be free 'cuz I'm a NEET no-life

he's too fast paced and the music is annoying. i like my cooking videos to be relaxing and simple

Veeky Forums is reddit's playground where they can say swear words talk naughty stuff without getting ~shadowbaned~

Pancakes and Ham for dinner three nights in a row because of this man.

I regret nothing.

>But he is the literal definition of reddit.
Pretty sure he's not
>an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.

I like when a chef isn't full of rage and screaming like a fucking 12 year old sprinkling his saliva over every single dish in the kitrchen

Need to try that one. I made the babka from his Seinfeld special and liked the chocolate one a lot.

Just found him yesterday and subscribed. Hope I don't get diarrhea 5 times and vomit 3 times like when I subscribed to Epic Meal Time team

He is retarded enough to quit his dayjob for this youtube stint.

There's not enough fictional food for him to imitate.

Also, unlike other food channels, he isn't really teaching people how to cook.

>actually defending this kind of bullshit

The guy makes money from Youtube and starting a patreon is the biggest load of shit money grab you can do. It's incredibly obnoxious to assume people should be paying you to produce content that you would have anyway and the fact that people fall for it is retarded. It's always under the guise of "help support my patreon and I'll be able to deliver more content" which translates to "give me extra money I don't deserve so I can put in the exact same amount of effort I was before but have more time off from work now"

Fuck off marxist.

Not all of us love sucking e-celeb dick. Wanna tell us who the fuck this is, faggot?

I'm subbed. He's entertaining and chill, and his humor is that sort of self-deprecating stand-up style thing that elicits conservative chuckles. I'm tempted to elucidate further to troll our esteemed anti-shill brigade, but I'll let them relax a bit this time around.

>He is retarded enough to quit his dayjob for this youtube stint.
Why do you hate the american dream so much? Are you some kind of commie?

finally a cooking channel for us nu-males

Damn, it truly is unjust how he puts a gun to your head and forces you to give him money. If only you had some choice in the matter...

More likely bitter that he didn't think of it first or didn't have the balls to try it. It's amazing how wageslaves behave like crabs in a bucket sometimes.

Go back to your containment board

I, for the love of whatever god may be, don't know who you are talking about.
I can't care less about your youtube meme celebrities.

Then why did you take the time to post? Looking for a handout?

BabyRage much?

I want to be like you.

>when he accurately remakes a recipe
>when he eats the accurate version knowing it will be shit

>Damn, it truly is unjust how he puts a gun to your head and forces you to give him money. If only you had some choice in the matter...
>what is reading comprehension

That's really not the point I was making. He's a flavour of the month e-celeb with a shitty gimmick and terrible sense of humour and people give him money for content he would have made at the same pace. You literally can't justify the ludicrous sums he gets on patreon that allow him to stop working to make these shit videos

Can we talk about food channels that aren't memes for a second?

youtube.com/watch?v=nU6_NIhoX-U

>"edgy" intro
>guy talks like those stick figure recipe comics
>GOTTA HAVE TITS OUT SO YOU'LL WATCH

>not memes

it´s a bit reddit but he obviously knows what he´s doing and has a relaxing way to go about it.

it´s nice to watch now and then.

I have a list of people who like him
Starting with:

not him but go back, please

Since shills are here, I'll post what I said in the last thread.

He recommended using "crappy, big jug burgundy", which I will assume is Carlos Rossi. His meat was absurdly sized (he had to use a knife to cut it) and by the end the "stew" was drier than a piece of paper I didn't bother to watch any other videos because I already know he is bottom tier shit.

I've never been a reddit user, I just find the incessant boogeymanning shit annoying

It's especially annoying how anything even remotely popular is "reddit" and gets constantly shit on for no real reason beyond that

The fucking endless contrarian shitshow is obnoxious fucking let people like shit goddamn

>shills everywhere
Alright, it's obvious you can't be fooled, so I'll just admit: he's paying me (and others) to go to Veeky Forums and promote his channel. Nobody really enjoys his channel, all his subscribers are just shills.

His hamburgers look disgusting.

Entertaining but does not faithfully attempt to recreate "unknown" recipes from shows.
Also his ratios for ingredients is whack as fuck. I made his aglio e olio one time and it was SUPER oily and had entirely too much parsley.
Cut the oil in half, doubled the pepper flakes, and quartered the parsley and it was fucking amazing.

ayyy chef john is the best also shoutout to motha fucking greg's kitchen dude is wholesome af

>bad jokes
>bald

no thank you!

I like his videos a lot.

That said, his recent inclusion of a bunch of other Youtubers is annoying me.

>I didn't bother to watch any other videos
Man you sure have discerning taste and aren't just a cunt. It's not like quality can vary between videos or anything; you hit that nail on the head.

For all the "you must be 18 to post here", Veeky Forums reeks of the teenage mindset.

Fifteen dollars a post to praise him! I love him!

>anything even remotely popular is "reddit" and gets constantly shit on for no real reason beyond that
You have it wrong. We need a label for things which suck in a certain kind of way, e.g. they're deliberately trendy in place of being actually good, and reddit is the label we use since those kind of things tend to be popular over there.

Having such a label is fine, but user is right: it's grossly overused.

That's because it's a meme and people on Veeky Forums like memes

*Lord Flashhart"s Grand Entrance*

>>Thanks bridesmaid
>>Like the Beard
>>It gives me something to hold on to
WOOF...WOOF

Babies like it when you jangle keys in in front of them, but it doesn't make babies any less fucking stupid.

You have to be 18 to post here.

but his gay-ass inflection is part of the charm.

You can tell this guy comes from wealth. That annoys me. But other than that I enjoy his shit.

Who?

>Cooking in Russia
ma nigga.
I got three of his books. Not amazing but worth the money

Binging with babish. He made some videos where he recreates absurd recipes from shows. Its actually fairly entertaining but some people hate him because i guess some reddit posters like him. Veeky Forums: A place for mature adults.

As a poorfag that bugs me too, but I can't help that he got a luckier roll of the dice when it came to family wealth.

Oliver Babish. Google Binging with Babish if you feel like trying a video. I can't speak for most of his stuff, but the babka recipe from his Seinfeld episode worked well for me.

Here's your (You)

>(he had to use a knife to cut it)
as opposed to a spoon?

Your retarded point has been addressed several times ITT. You don't need to know reddit even exists to dislike this kind of content.

"This kind of content" just keeps being described as "reddit". Im still not sure what "kind of content" you think it is. It seems to me that that its just a cooking show.

I think his point is that a stew should have everything already in bite-sized pieces, not needing to be cut up further

It's a trendy hipster cooking show with mediocre content and no personality.

trendy
>WAH I HATE POPULAR THINGS BECAUSE THEY'RE POPULAR

hipster
>WAH I HATE THAT HIS FASHION ISN'T MY FASHION EVEN THOUGH THIS IS A COOKING SHOW BEING DISCUSSED ON A COOKING BOARD

cooking show
>WAH KEEP Veeky Forums COOKING-FREE TENDIES AND MCCHICKENS FOR LIFE

mediocre content
>WAH I WON'T MAKE ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T GO IN A TOASTER OVEN FUCK THIS TRYHARD

no personality
>WAH I KNOW I SAID HE WAS A HIPSTER WHICH IMPLIES A SPECIFIC PERSONALITY TYPE BUT ALLOW ME TO CONTRADICT MYSELF BECAUSE THE ASSPAIN IS JUST TOO MUCH

He's got good production but I feel like all his videos just contain techniques and recipes from other youtube channels. He just did a video with Sean Evans and made a smash burger and it was the biggest waste of time. If you've seen ANY smash burger video on youtube then you don't need to watch, it's the exact smash burger recipe that's been posted a billion times on the internet already.

He's the definition of millennial "cook"