Is there life on Enceladus and Europa? And how likely would it be to find life?

Is there life on Enceladus and Europa? And how likely would it be to find life?

What's the point of finding life if it hasn't evolved into catgirls yet? You can just put some lichens on a space-rock if you want to find life there so badly.

I don't think life can develop just from there being a presence of water. There's have to be other forces at play. Moons don't have cores, they don't have atmospheres, ruling out any serious form of electromagnetic inteference. I don't think it's very likely.

There'd have to be other forces at play*

>Slightly smaller than Earth's Moon, Europa is primarily made of silicate rock and has a water-ice crust[11] and probably an iron–nickel core. It has a tenuous atmosphere composed primarily of oxygen.

Nevermind. Could be likely.

>moons don't have cores
Some do. The presence of a core still means it is a moon. Most cores aren't strong enough to produce a magnetosphere.

>Is there life on Enceladus and Europa?

Nobody knows.

>And how likely would it be to find life?

If it is not there, extremely unlikely. If it is there, the odds go up.

they are probably too small to develop real, cell like, structures, but I could imagine some molecular machines.

There is life on one of those other Jupiterean and Saturnian moons for sure. Callisto I think for sure. One of the more obscure ones they don't talk about too much I forget the same.

Gives you insight into ourselves and the universe.

Even if there isn't now (because it's too cold), we can predict life to spawn in Europa because the sun will get much bigger and the habitable zone's radius will grow a lot.

>composed primarily of oxygen
Any theories on where this elemental oxygen is coming from? Elemental oxygen doesn't normally stick around, it would've bonded to something or been blown away in the solar wind by now if it was collected when Europa formed. Meaning something must be creating it. Could be life. Or it could be some process splitting the water.

All we need to do is find one example of life elsewhere than on Earth to answer a series of extremely fundamental questions.

Is life rare?
Is all life on different planets comprised of the same building blocks and DNA system?

Did life spread from planet to planet like a seed or develop independently on each?

>Io
F L U X T U B E
L
U
X
T
U
B
E

On Europa I doubt cat girls, our only opportunity are sexy glub glubs

Water broken by space rads.

>There is life on one of those other Jupiterean and Saturnian moons for sure.

Source not cited, ten points from Gryffindor.
Also, "Jovian."

>Is life rare?
>Is all life on different planets comprised of the same building blocks and DNA system?
>Did life spread from planet to planet like a seed or develop independently on each?

None of those questions would be answered by finding one example of life elsewhere, though depending on other factors is may be a strong hint on the first.

>Is there life on Enceladus and Europa

yes

>And how likely would it be to find life

0% likelihood. it's impossible for life to exist elsewhere from Earth.

You don't need a magnetic field if your oceans are contained under a global ice sheet and there's no atmosphere to shield anyway. Several meters of water ice is a more effective radiation shield than Earth's entire magnetosphere plus atmosphere combined, and Europa is covered in an ice layer roughly 10km thick.

>Is there life on Enceladus and Europa?
probably yes
>And how likely would it be to find life?
on the first try; not very likely

>There is life on one of those other Jupiterean and Saturnian moons for sure. Callisto I think for sure. One of the more obscure ones they don't talk about too much I forget the same.
Titan Saturn Life on Titan Its atmosphere is considered similar to that of the early Earth, although somewhat thicker. The surface is characterized by hydrocarbon lakes, cryovolcanos, and methane rain and snow. Like Earth, Titan is shielded from the solar wind by a magnetosphere, in this case its parent planet for most of its orbit, but the interaction with the moon's atmosphere remains sufficient to facilitate the creation of complex organic molecules. It has a remote possibility of an exotic methane-based biochemistry.[31]

>how likely
zero. Mars had atmosphere, liquid water and oxygen and was in in the "Golditlocks Zone" for billions of years and never had a genesis event. The Earth is special, humans are literally created, you are a sinner. Repent.