Could anyone on Veeky Forums illustrate me as to why pic related is considered literature (as opposed to a meaningless...

Could anyone on Veeky Forums illustrate me as to why pic related is considered literature (as opposed to a meaningless piece of crap)?

Can you illustrate why it isn't?

You plebe

Anything goes, then?
Is this post literature?

By the way, I'm not stating it's not literature, I'm just curious about why it is considered to be so.

Everything is presumed literature until proven otherwise.

I imagine these as lyrics to a Wesley Willis song

It's Tao Lin: it's meaningless crap. Don't waste your time.

It's something. Drawing an arbitrary line in sand doesn't work. Literature is whatever you consider it to be; it's subjective.

I like this.

Could anyone on Veeky Forums illustrate me as to why poster related prefers to spend his time bitching about things he dislikes (as opposed to starting a thread about his favorite poem)

I mean, he's obviously no literary critic, so I fail to see the necessity of his bitching.

It's written language which was composed with the intent of creating art. That's it. Bad literature is still literature. But this is pretty good desu.

If literature is whatever you want it to be, then Veeky Forums could as well be /b/, which it isn't.

Therefore, the distinction between "literature" and "whatever" must be nontrivial.

In case you're not just trolling me, why do you find it good? I'd really like to know what it conveys to you and why it qualifies as "literature" for you.

-Rupi Kaur

>"Yet another book that fails to illustrate me the complexities of this mortal coil," said OP, tossing aside more plebish material before resuming his shitposts while contributing nothing to his lush ideal of "literature."

rock on, London
rock over Chicago
'let's go,' i said
'wait,' you said
i said okay
and a few minutes pased

Lying in a den
in Bombay
With a slack jaw
And not much to say
I said to the man
'Are you trying to tempt me'
Because
I come from the land of plenty
And he said,
'do you come from a land down under'
Oh yeah yeah
Where women glow
And men plunder
Can't you hear
Can't you hear the thunder
You'd better run, you'd better take cover yeah

>Mnuabwe lopez ping ling

It effectively conveys the ideas and emotions it sets out to convey. It's a poem about feeling directionless and disillusioned, and it captures that feeling using an effective thesis (the past sucked, but it was better than today), effective imagery (money, via student loans and the lottery, is a microcosm of general powerlessness), and an effective tone (the lowercase letters and the rambling tone evoke directionlessness). Everything does what it's supposed to, which is feel dreary. There's also very few wasted words, and no wasted sentences - each clause serves at least two purposes in the narrative.

It's unconventional, but not bad. There are much better poems, sure, but this still does what it sets out to do, and does it well.

And again, it'd qualify as literature if I didn't like it. Shitty deviantart fanfiction is still literature.

Poetry spells emotion so noble but try to find something more chernobyl

literature is like language--a convention. it is what we agree it is. changes to literature happen similarly to changes in language: a new usage or style appears, propounded by a few influential people / groups, and it gradually becomes the norm. read wittgenstein.