What's wrong with Khan Academy, Veeky Forums?

What's wrong with Khan Academy, Veeky Forums?

IM SMARTER THAN NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mathematics is taught at pop sci level, haven't checked anything else. The best thing I learnt on KA is that there's nothing better than a rigorous math textbook

It's enough to cram study before a test, but it doesn't teach you anything rigorously enough to be of much use beyond that. Whenever you encounter a problem beyond the neat examples that Khan works through, you will be completely lost.

It's good for what it aims to do: Teach people who didn't learn in elementary/high school
Don't expect it to work for shit more than that

Good for supplementary learning or getting your feet wet in a subject, but videos will never replace a good textbook.

It's great for people who went to a bad high school, didn't care about math during high school, or people who need a refresher when starting college late.

Personally I find learning something via video better than learning something via textbook.

Is that a sign of a brainlet?

Don't listen to the autism here. It's good if you're looking for the basics, and also very slow. It can save you if you're in highschool I believe.

If you're taking math seriously on the other hand, then no, it's not good, at least not good enough.

>don't understand a concept in my maths textbook
>watch brainlet academy for 10 minutes
>now able to apply my new understanding to more rigorous problems

Well, I've never managed to find a course that could cover material of upper undergrad or grad level, I am familiar with KA, coursera, edx and some other platforms. So at least for me textbooks is the only way to go

It's pretty comfy tbqh, never understood the hate.

Post 'em, Veeky Forums.

I will get to 100% one day.

No, but it's annoying. Lectures literally exist to supplement the textbook.

Hello, Dinesh here for POOMOOC. Dooday we will pruf dat 1+ 2 + 3 = -1/12
Any questun?

It's amazing for elementary and high school math and for courses that only require applied/basic math.
For actual math degrees, not so much or maybe as a supplement. But I don't think math grads are their target audience anyway, so no need to be an autistic purist about it.

Not white.

Physics Mcat review is incredibly useful

It got bearable the moment youtube added the play speed functionalities, at least for me taking a bio chem course. Don't know what it would be like for math.

That's me. Currently in the pre-Algebra playlist. Only using the playlists as a stepping stone / to try to get up to speed enough to be able to get into a real textbook. I'm going to make it one day bros.

That's great :)

Good luck! Have fun gaining knowledge!

is he good for calculus?

Nothing. Shouldn't be used as a primary resource, only a summary.

ofc , he is not white because if he was white he would only care about the money and forcing shitty services like pearson mymathlab

those are jews :^)

MathBFF, PatrickJMT, and MIT OpenCourseWare are infinitely better

Nothing really except that it's high school tier. Good for building a foundation but that's it. If you're a beginner, there's no shame in using it.

Hello my name is sandjeep

i study academy khan

pls hire me for start up deep learning/data mining/big data/blockchain

I don't even know if this guys is memeing or if I don't know what popsci means anymore. Most of the videos I've watched on calc and linear algebra were just derivations and solutions.

You're a top shelf ignorant retard.

OP, I've become an actual physicist thanks to KA giving me confidence to leap into university.

Sal's gift is teaching basic (yet very important) concepts in a very intuitive and fun way. Math section up to high school is covered in full, calc content is still lacking in rigor and depth required in most top courses tho, but that's not the point of KA.