If I drink water with my food, how does my food still get digested when the stomach acid is diluted by the water...

If I drink water with my food, how does my food still get digested when the stomach acid is diluted by the water? Checkmate, atheists.

The acid is diluted with the food itself, anyway. Your stomach calculates with that.

Drink bleach user. Nothing to worry about since the acid counteracts it.

The water is acid too.

This is a real problem. If you have any kind of issue with your digestion (including issues that might result from poor digestion, like low energy, depression, insatiability/obesity, etc.), it's better not to have any beverage with your meal or for the hour after your meal (and for a while before your meal, too).

It does dilute your digestive juices and slow the process, possibly for long enough for your digestive tract to just go ahead and pass it on through without getting important nutrients out. Or it can cause compensatory overproduction of digestive juices, which damage other parts of your digestive tract.

Idiot.

>your stomach as a computer in it
faggot

Citation very much needed.

Water is absorbed primarily in the duodenum, which is after the stomach. However, the stomach performs one of the most chemically intense and irreplaceable steps of digestion with its acid, and there's no magic to let it just squeeze water out if there's too much. So the water you take with your meal stays with it in the stomach, which means the stomach either has to produce more acid (which it might fail to do), so it has to neutralize more acid later on (which it may fail to do properly), or let this step pass with a less acidic environment, so the digestion will be slower and possibly less complete. The digestive enzymes in saliva are also diluted, and the stomach can't produce all the same ones (and you can also fail to produce enough of them by wolfing down food rather than taking time to eat it properly).

Some people's digestive systems handle it better than others. While we typically describe bodily functions in terms of idealized perfect health, pretty much all actual people have a variety of defects in different systems of the body, and the digestive tract is especially complex and prone to flaws.

That's entirely apart from beverages containing antinutrients, such as coffee and tea, which seriously interfere with mineral absorption. (for example, coffee with a meal, even directly after a meal, can cut down on iron absorption by nearly 90%)

If you want to make it easy for your body to digest your food properly, drink your beverages well apart from meals. For some, it can make the difference between poor and good health.

Can you source regular humans having lower than 90% fat or carbohydrate absorption due to the water from beverage consumption? If not, which nutrients are you claiming have lower absorption due to the water content of beverages?

There's probably some feedback loop that stimulates acid production whenever the pH gets too high

Not true unless you're buying acidic water.

This is true. I lived with a Chinese woman who never drank before finishing the meal as it interfered with bile and whatnot. I know she was correct because she'd let out dozens of hyper energetic flatulence when she went to the bathroom which as we all know is a sign of a properly functioning digestive system

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSP

Pretty much lol

Food stays in your stomach much longer than water.

Water can act as both an acid and a base. The pH of water is seven because the overall hydrogen ions is the same as the hydroxide ions, so they cancel out.

YUUSSS lol

user, your body has a natural buffer system that adjust pH among other things.
So you can tell everyone you see paying extra for lower/higher pH bottled water, that it's a scam.

Try this easy trick!
Don't ever drink water again!!!
Trust me it TOOOOOTALLYY works!

>gets asked for citations
>delivers wall of text
Bravo user.So trustworthy.