Can We Get A Celsius Hate Thread Going?

Fuck Centigrade, literally the most pointless and useless system ever fucking made. Worse in every way that Kelvin for scientific purposes, worse in every way than Fahrenheit for everyday use. Fuck Celsius.

Other urls found in this thread:

cr4.globalspec.com/comment/1062540/Re-Alcohol-as-windshield-washer-fluid-anti-freeze
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Worse in every way that Kelvin for scientific purposes,
Fair enough.

>worse in every way than Fahrenheit for everyday use
Is this what burgers really believe? Really?

>worse in every way than Fahrenheit for everyday use.
like saying dollars are better than pounds for counting money.

what a retard.

0ºC: freezing of water
100ºC: vaporization of water

0ºF: "really cold"
100ºF: a person suffering from a light fever

I strongly disagree.

>really cold
What a useful reference point.

That's his point you retard

Because you're biased.

One system has a physiological range of approximately 0-100, the other has a range of approximately -20-40. It's quite obvious which is better suited for everyday use.

>physiological range of approximately 0-100
Explain.

I have to say I agree. 0 being "really cold outside" and 100 being "really hot outside" is more useful than the freezing point of water, which would only be used for snow, and the boiling point of water, which would be used for cooking maybe.

Our bodies have evolved to function within that approximate temperature range? What exactly are you looking for?

So if I go outside when it's 0F, I will survive because my body has evolved to do so?

Everything is defined by Kelvin anyway, you're not even using a different system just an offset.

Celsius makes more sense in a formal/scientific context, in my opinion. Fahrenheit is obviously superior when it comes to real world practicality since the 0-100 range is such a perfect match relative to the humans perception of temperature.

>0 cold as fuck
>100 hot as balls

Versus the autistic Celsius adaptation which is like -20 to 40. Shit is retarded

>Fahrenheit is obviously superior when it comes to real world practicality
It seems this isn't "obvious" to anyone outside of the US.
In fact, I find celsius much more useful for real world practical applications.

Maybe not you, but most humans would become cold and find shelter - thus surviving.

what the FUCK are you talking about?

Would they not do the same at -10F? Or -20F? Or -30F? What's special about 0F?

Nothing is special about 0ºF besides the point that most humans live in areas within the range of 0-100 ºF. Our normal operating range, if you will.

what's so special about the number 0 and 100?

Most humans also live in climates between 0 and 50C.

A 0 to 100 scale is intuitive and sufficiently divisible.
73 is better in a human life context than 22.778.

Celsius is good scientifically. Kelvin is good if you need more science than just a bit.

Who the fuck lives in a 0 degrees Fahrenheit environment? Fahrenheit is annoying. I don't care if 32 F is when shit starts freezing. That's the most annoying arbitrary thing. 0-40 is a normal range to work with. Fuck off. I live in the states, and Fahrenheit is retarded.

Who the fuck lives in a 0 degrees Fahrenheit environment? Fahrenheit is annoying. I don't care if 32 F is when shit starts freezing. That's the most annoying arbitrary thing. 0-40 is a normal range to work with. Fuck off.

jesus christ, fahrenfags rear their ugly heads

Fahrenheit is for humans.
Celsius is for water.
Kelvin is for precision.

Use the appropriate tool for the task at hand.

>73 is better in a human life context than 22.778
Who the fuck would think of reading it as 22.778? It's close enough to 23 in the human life context to not matter. Celsius at least has the utility of having 0 be set at the freezing point of water at ground level, and 100 at the boiling point, which is the only actual difference in usefulness between the two.

It's only more useful because you're used to it. For me fahrenheit doesn't say shit, and I know that -20C is a typical cold winter day here, and +20C is a typical warm summer day here.

>Fahrenheit proposed his temperature scale in 1724, basing it on two reference points of temperature. In his initial scale (which is not the final Fahrenheit scale), the zero point is determined by placing the thermometer in a mixture of ice, water, and ammonium chloride (salis Armoniaci).[6] This is a frigorific mixture which stabilizes its temperature automatically: that stable temperature was defined as 0 °F (−17.78 °C).

Celsius and Kelvin are literally the same thing. Celsius just puts an cap, based on the states of water to bring the measurment into a easily differentiable scope. Meanwhile, farenshit has no meaning whatsoever, since it's based on nothing. It exist soley because low-IQ, HFCS-fueled ameritrash props it up, just like the retarded imperial system.

ITT: Burguer is mad because he failed his intro to thermodynamics test.

>Fahrenheit for everyday use

why are americans so fucking stupid

ITT: It's almost like a measurement system you grew up with seems more intuitive when you compare it to an alternative you hardly use at all.

>France, PRC and Cambodia aren't red

>>worse in every way than Fahrenheit for everyday us
HAHAHAHAAHAHaAHAAHA you have to be kidding me right? yeah the system that is base 10 manipulation is WORSE for everyday use k amerifat

Hey those Vietnamese farmers were fucking badasses.

Celcius isn't "base 10", whatever the fuck you even mean by that. And Fahrenheit IS better for everyday use, since it has more degrees for a given range of temperature, allowing for more precise temperature values without the need for decimals.

if precision concerns you so much then why are you still using inches and miles instead of centimeters and kilometers?

They're both base 10 you fucking retards

What do you think "base 10" means?

"Base 10 refers to the numbering system in common use that uses decimal numbers. Base 10 is also called the decimal system or denary system. In base 10, each digit in a position of a number can have an integer value ranging from 0 to 9 (10 possibilities)."

Fahrenheit is literally designed for ease of use for human temperature ranges.. 99% of earth's livable climate temps fit.

there is nothing easy about 0ºF and 100ºF being some arbitrary temperature based on muh feelz

0ºC and 100ºC are the freezing and boiling points of water, you know, the very basis of life

it does not get any easier than for human temperature ranges

Just because we made a scaled temperature range just for water does not make it easier to use than Fahrenheit.

73 perfect degrees in F is equal to 22.7778°C
>m-m-muh centigrade
Shut the fuck up

Are you retarded? Celsius is by far the best for everyday use.

>all comfortable temps exist between 21.964C and 24.287C
Are you trolling? Celcius is dogshit for everything except boiling water.

Are you retarded?
Let me translate your post to American so you can understand.
>all comfortable temps exist between 71.5352F and 75.7166F

I really don't get this. Is it really that hard for Americans to use a minus when approximating the weather? The rest of the world manages it. Are they really that retarded

>Worse in every way that Kelvin for scientific purposes,
It's still better than Fahrenheit, because converting to Kelvin is easier from Celsius, and because delta T-s are the same in Kelvin and in degrees Celsius.
You fell for the "Fahrenheit is more intuitive meme". Pro tip: it's not, you're just not used to it.

1 °C precision is enough for everyday contexts, and if you want the extra precision so fucking much, just use 0.5 °C increments, which don't make dealing with the numbers any harder.

I can't fucking fathom how you dumb shits can justify 0 °F being the freezing point of some random salt-water mixture. It's absolutely useless in everyday contexts, because knowing it's below the freezing point of water outside tells me a million times more useful information than knowing that it's really cold.

Celsius scale:
>the temperature begins with a minus sign, I guess I can expect ice and maybe snow
Fahrenheit scale:
>It's 26 °F outside, which is... less than 32 to, so I guess I'll see some ice and maybe some snow outside

To make it clear, I'm not saying that Celsius is the more intuitive scale, just that both scales have their pitfalls, and you conveniently chose to ignore the ones of the Fahrenheit scale.

both are equally arbitrary

fuck Celsius
fuck Fahrenheit

kelvin is where its at

Ok, how many degrees Kevin is it for you outside right now. And don't fucking cheat and use google

t. brainwashed europoor
Fahrenheit is more precise so you can represent a smaller difference in temperature without resorting to decimal points.

fuck all those

rankine is the shit

Is snow not weather now?

I propose the anonymous system 1'A=2'F, so by your logic fuck F/C/K, long live A!

>worse in every way than Fahrenheit for everyday use.
Absolutly fucking not

>Converting Fahrenheit to Kelvin
(T + 459.67) * (5/9)
>Converting Centigrade to Kelvin
T + 273.15

>Countries that use Fahrenheit
USA
>Countries that use Centigrade
Literally everyone else.

Celsius needing only an addition of ~273 is literally just Kelvin translated to a more everyday scale. Adding one degree celsius corresponds to adding one degree Kelvin.

>Meanwhile arguments pro Fahrenheit
Muh feelings

I propose a "Universal" system 'U, that's just the average of the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales.

0'C=16'U=32'F
100'C=156'U=212'F

The four scales together would be F/U/C/K.

when have you seen a newscast say that a town is getting a 100 degree celsius degree heatwave? never
when have you seen a newscast say that a town is getting a 100 degree fahrenheit heatwave? all the time
when you see a newscast say that a town is getting a negative 1 degrees celsius morning, do you put on a coat?
no
when you see a newscast say that a town is getting a negative 1 degrees fahrenheit morning, do you put on a coat
yes
celsius is useless for science, and useless for communicating about the weather

>Most people know what a 0 degrees F day feels like
>Most people know what a 100 degrees F day feels like
On the other hand a 0 degree C day isn't really that cold since it's literally just when water freezes (lel snow amirite) and no one on Earth has ever or will ever encounter anything even approaching a 200 degree F day (without fucking dieing)

lol no
what kind of country has snow that doesn't regularly dip below 0 degrees C? and how is 50 degrees C supposed to be a "base 10" max temperature? 0 - 100 degrees F is the closest to a base 10 friendly temperature system that also happens to correspond to the most common climates.

Knowing when water freezes is interesting since the roads start getting icy.

and roads get slippery when there is rain, or slush on it
its not a temperature thing, you just have to look at the road to know how fast you should let yourself drive

Celsius is easy as fug

zero and below is cold
20 is cozy
30 and more is hot
60 and more it hurts

>when you see a newscast say that a town is getting a negative 1 degrees celsius morning, do you put on a coat?
>no

I do put on a coat

when it is below zero I can expect ice and snow

it does not get more intuitive than that

every human being knows what temperature of water freezing feels like, it is probably the most universal temperature out there (except maybe for tropical countries)

whereas fahrenheit tells you nothing except "hur durr it felt cold to some historical person subjectively lol"

fahrenheit is even easier
0 and below is cold
10 - 30 is brisk
40 - 80 is the sweet spot
90 - 100 is toasty
above 100 is hot

>Most people know what a 0 degrees F day feels like
>Most people know what a 100 degrees F day feels like

only people who are used to fahrenheit scale know this

same as with celsius

>40 - 80 is the sweet spot
yeah most precise

there is nothing easier about that, the numbers are just different, not better or worse

in fact Id say it is kinda inferior because water freezing temperature is not a nice number

the number range is bigger, so it's actually not easier, but more difficult, e.g. for small children who dont know how to cound.

cold and hot are subjective terms that depend on where you live, ethnicity, and what weather you are used to

>water freezing temperature
the air isn't going to freeze your blood as soon as you step out of the house
and you have to leave the house anyway, so it doesn't matter at all

there is no difference between 90 and 100
why do you need the 100 when the 90 is already hot
Fahrenheit makes no sense
it's not even precise, normal body temp is not even 100
why even use it then in the first place

dumbass, there is a difference between toasty and hot
90 isn't hot, its toasty

Most Americans know that water freezes at 32 degrees F because that's just common knowledge. There's also a lot of wiggle room and variables regarding bad road conditions (eg. if there was a blizzard recently then you can still have slush and freezing all over the streets even if the temperatures are above freezing). Similarly it can fall below freezing and you can have clean roads if you've had clean weather. It can also be dangerous to drive in heavy rain and in some communities with dirt roads stuff like rain/mud can be a big concern too.

tl;dr: Temperature isn't sufficient for knowing that the roads are bad and there are many faster, easier, and more effective ways to know that information.

Those temps are near the limit of normal people's experiences/tolerances.

>same as with celsius
What does a 100 degree Celsius day feel like?

it matters quite a lot if water outside is frozen or not
this info is crucial

toasty is a toast you quack
that's not even a real word

>80
Warm day
>90
Hot day
>100
Too hot to do fucking anything but lay on the ground and wish for air conditioning

you're right, so i'm going to watch the news to see if there is going to be sleet on the street, so I can walk outside and........see the sleet on the street
this is the power of celsius

>there are many faster, easier, and more effective ways to know that information.
wow this can be used to justify anything

you dont have a garden, right?

>garden
>weather
does anyone actually grow outside?

Yes, but no one grows outside when the temperatures are dropping so low that they're stressing out your plants and causing them to flower early (happens long before reaching freezing temps).

Only a retard would suggest that being aware that you're near 0 degrees Celsius is a concern for garden people. Even if the temperatures dropped that far down due to freak weather, there isn't shit you can do.

Celsioustards ITT:
>There is no value in knowing that it's so fucking balls out cold outside that it's reaching the limit of brine.
>There is no value in knowing that the temperature outside is higher than your own body temperature and ventilation has become useless.
>There is a huge value in knowing that we've reached the freezing point of water even though that doesn't really tell us anything reliable about the streets.
>There is no value in having an overall "livable range" temperature system.
>There is a huge value in knowing the boiling point of water even though the only time it will matter to you is literally when you're boiling water without any impurities.

>There is no value in knowing that it's so fucking balls out cold outside that it's reaching the limit of brine.
we use minus degrees too you retard, ppl know that minus twenty is and how cold that is
>There is no value in knowing that the temperature outside is higher than your own body temperature and ventilation has become useless.
everyone knows that 37 degrees is that, also the body usually withstands those temps
>There is a huge value in knowing that we've reached the freezing point of water even though that doesn't really tell us anything reliable about the streets.
except it does
>There is no value in having an overall "livable range" temperature system.
of course, we use it
>There is a huge value in knowing the boiling point of water even though the only time it will matter to you is literally when you're boiling water without any autism
ftfy

actually agree with this

pounds shouldnt even be related to weight, which should be in grams only

international measuring system masterrace

-40c really cold outside
40c really hot outside
cant into negative integers, brainlet??

>of course, we use it
>-20 to 37 temperature scale
lmao

>when you're boiling water without any autism
without autism would imply cooking, which typically uses salt and other shit that changes the temperature of the water (of course, this is all ignoring the fact that someone who is cooking also has to take altitude and other shit into account).

>0 to 100 temperature range for humans is too damn sensible. Instead I'm going to make a scale that goes 0 to 100 but have the useful part be from -40 to 40.

knowing about water freezing outside is quite impo to know because then I know to put alcohol into my car windshield water

so, if a system that uses 0...100 is so important to you, then why dont you use centimenters and liters?

>knowing about water freezing outside is quite impo to know because then I know to put alcohol into my car windshield water
Even then you have to make sure to add enough alcohol that it can hold out against the lowest temperatures you're likely to face. So you still have to know that temperature anyways (ie. 0 F).

My centimenters exactly but also why use grams as both a unit of weight and a unit of mass?

in my country we almost never go down more than -15 or so. also the pre-mix I buy in the shop is prepared for all minus temps.
and what are you trying to say creep. in your system, there is no particular info to pour alcohol into the car at all.

don't you mean newton?

cr4.globalspec.com/comment/1062540/Re-Alcohol-as-windshield-washer-fluid-anti-freeze
>creep

>methanol
enjoy your frayed tubes

The only argument for Fahrenheit is that apparently it is more practical for everyday use, but such a *feeling* is completely subjective to the user.
Americans seem to have a problem with using Celsius just because they are not used to it. I personally feel the same with Fahrenheit, and I am very used to automatically think 0° is freezing cold, 10° is very cold, 20° is fresh, 30° is just fuck my shit up senpai. Meanwhile, Having all those numbers under 30°F seems like a waste of numbers, while having 100°F mean nothing more than "very hot" really means nothing.

On another note, Having different measurements for everyday life and science only alienates people from it and makes science more un-accessible to people. If you want to promote science you need to stop editing things for convenience and have people use their brains a bit more

>10° is very cold
femanon detected