He doesn't use a cheap 5 dollar knife and a 1 dollar knife sharpener

>He doesn't use a cheap 5 dollar knife and a 1 dollar knife sharpener
>He doesn't resharpen the knife before and after cooking.
>He bought a 1k dollar knife and a expensive Japanese waterstone to cook house.

>doesnt know how to type a $

>to cook house.

>t. Fallen for the expensive knife meme

>implying i own a knife

>stop enjoying and investing in things you like to do

t. user angry at people who can afford nice things

No need to buy a 1000 dollar knife unless youre extremely serious about cooking. Cooking and using a shitty 5 dollar knife is a horrible idea too though.

Best to get a good set of various knives for about 150-300 and a nice 20-40 dollar sharpening set

Why is a 5 bucks "Cheff" knife a bad idea? If the guy can resharpen it Everytime.

Literally 5 dollars? Probably won't have good edge even after you sharpen it.

Just get some Victorinox knives, they are incredible in terms of price and quality

Got one, like it. Handle is nice and also weight balanced. That + cheap steel and $10 stone and I'm good for a long time.

>carbide knife shredder

you must be british

That bread knife made me kek, thanks user

>resharpen every time

Sure sign of a shit blade. Hone/strop every time, yes. You shouldn't have to RESHARPEN every time you use your knife if you're using quality steel. Only once you notice signs of dulling.

What grit stones should I get as a beginner? I don't care about having an egde sharp enough to cut my arm hair. Just a sharp knife that can cut thin slices of tomato.

>He doesn't exclusively use a $1 steak knife that's dull as fuck for everything

Get on my level plebs.

How old is your knife and what is it made of (if you know)?

I chop food with my teeth. No reason to use the metal jew.

What is a good resharpening tool for just a home set of knives? My chef's knife has dulled and honing isn't restoring its edge.

Arkansas stone and a steady hand

About a year old and says X50 Cr Mo V15 on the blade.

it's a piece of fucking metal, I can understand more expensive pieces of metal performing well with less maintenance, but I don' think any knife would have a bad edge when you sharpen it twice for every time you use it.

That guy's an idiot, you're right. If you sharpen your knife every time you use it you will get a good edge. The more expensive knives hold the edge better and feel better but you can sharpen cheap knives to almost the same angle and thickness as an expensive one.

Cooking a house is a felony and gets you 50 years in the Iso Cubes.

Pic related in OP is good enough for cheap and fast resharpening.

No need to resharpening the blade that much if you do it every time you cook, just a quick swep or two and that's it, literally a minute or two of your life to have a razor sharp knife Everytime you cook.
It's a good practice no matter if it's a cheap or expensive knife

I sharpen my knives with tea cup saucer. They are so sharp i can do the see through tomato slices

Pretty good, usual cheap sharpeners like the OPs image have some kind of Quartz stone and another side with porcelain or Ceramic.

>TFW didn't felt for the expensive 1k dollar knife meme
>TFW razor sharp knifes Everytime I cook.

>He doesn't use a cheap 5 dollar knife
I use kiwi brand knives. Get them from my local asian supermarket for $3 each. Best knives I've ever used.