What do you think the world was like before sandwiches?

What do you think the world was like before sandwiches?

There were a lot more wraps.

>Inb4 someone says "A lot better"

This is unfortunate, but probably true.

A lot better

The only excuse to ever eat a "sandwich" is as served with soup as part of soup and sandwich, as sort of a makeshift meager meal emulation

When did the sandwich even first appear? Everyone was probably slaves.

Haha I know you're kidding but this made me chuckle.

is it really a wrap if it's with big unrefined slabs of unleavened bread?

Huge banquets of whole roasted pigs and flamingos, and suet gruel for the serfs.

It got its name in 1762, thanks to John Montagu being on a hot gambling streak and wanting some roast beef. Montagu ruled a little place that translates to Beach Village, or in old English, Sandwich.

As for the ACTUAL first time someone slapped not-bread between two pieces of bread... Fuck if I know. Probably ancient Egypt or something.

Wrong, it was named after the 4th earl of sandwich actually. Get your facts right.

This, if you aren't eating a sandwich with a side serving of soup you're doing it wrong.

What's on your sandwich OP? Looks amazing for late at night.

Corned beef, fontina cheese, tomato, spinach on croissant with brown mustard and mayo. Yes, it was perfect.

Where is this done? Soup is a starter there is absolutely no need for a sandwich with it you fat cunt.

>sandwich alongside soup in a breadbowl

Wraps are sandwiches.

Your mum was part of a sandwich last night, faggot.

It was a wrap, actually

She specifically requested it to be "unwrapped"

...Who do you think John Montagu was, you drooling imbecile?

I thought he was the First Lord of the Admiralty and Postmaster General. Wtf does that have to do with cooking?

He was those too, as well as the fourth fucking Earl of Sandwich.

That sounds fake, why would there be an earldom named after food served between slices of bread?

I got played and I don't even mind it that much.

Well done, user.

A fucking star crossed lover you mong and i stand by my statement, the earl of sandwich invented the sandwich not some italian hoity toity character.