ITT: books you will never fucking get to read

ITT: books you will never fucking get to read
this and War and Peace

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!hdEkHTyZ!n6Ugc-L6iBJvJErFsYWrxnaa5F2ftzuCw49alvlQu_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why? Are you deaf and blind double hand amputee?

I've read like 6 books and one of them was W&P; you can do it.

I hold a deep love for GEB. Please give it a chance!!!

I feel sick.

>tfw too intelligent to understand Godel Escher Bach

Read em both already sempai

I am a strange loop is much better

every chapter of this book is extremely rewarding, that should be enough for you to go out and get it.

Not OP but that book has been sitting on my shelf for months, maybe it's time to give it a chance

You won't regret it user, it's fucking awesome. Pleasantly accessible but also very compelling.

will i hate this if i'm the kind of person who abhors any application of the incompleteness theorems beyond mathematical logic?

Yes. (and your attitude is shit).

thanks (pseud)

I missed the critical period for reading Rand when I was a 13 year old who thought he knew better than the world.

Nearly done with GEB, pretty good so far.

I will give it priority, thanks for the encouragement user

Game of thrones. Does this count?
And the Human Comedy.

I like the idea of a 10+ book story as much as I like the idea of going to prison.

No worries, user. If you feel up to it, start a thread with whatever food for thought you have at the end of chapters. From memory, there are good leaping off points for discussion in there.

hi, op! i think GEB might be a bit difficult for some people (it was for me as a very thorough biographical effort on not 1 but 3 people, so i couldnt go through it in one fell swoop as i could with hofstadter's metamagical themas, he describes it as: "If GEB is an elaborate fugue on one very complex theme, and MI is a collection of-many variations on a theme, then perhaps MT is a fantasia employing several themes. If it were not for the postscripts, I would say that it was disjointed.")

for me, the cadence and subject matter of MT was more conducive to my reading/thinking style but still was able to, in my opinion, touch upon of many of hoftstadter's ideas/themes that he dealt with GEB and might be a way to segue into his seminal work!

here's a link for MT if you guys are interested: mega.nz/#!hdEkHTyZ!n6Ugc-L6iBJvJErFsYWrxnaa5F2ftzuCw49alvlQu_k

shut up stop trying

:)

>he doesn't like the idea of going to prison

There are a lot of books that I want to read, but there are just random ones that I really really just don't. Siddhartha is one that I just don't really have interest in, along with Steinbeck in general

Siddhartha is like 100 pages

The most I've ever been able to read is 99 :(