Tfw you failed at life because "studying is for brainlets"

>tfw you failed at life because "studying is for brainlets"
fuck. I got great grades in high school, my high school and first year uni teachers thought I would go on to do great things, but I didn't want to study because that's not what smart guys do in muh anime. now I'm stuck in a shitty college getting even shittier grades since I don't attend anymore, I'm three semesters behind, and slowly becoming a brainlet.

This is hilarious. You thought anime was real life.

so? i failed out my first time in college. youd be surprised how common it is. my GPA was 1.87 at one point and now im in a PhD program at a great uni. all is not completely lost

>Veeky Forums - Blogposts and Journals

"I'm lazy but smart" in action.

not even lazy, I just thought it would be humiliating to have to work. Fell for the currynigga-hunting conjecture.

fuck.
which uni?
currently in a barely top 300 euro uni, 3 semesters behind as stated. I know I could have the level of a top uni student if I really worked my ass off (and so could anyone btw) but what would be the point now? it just seems too late now.

>tfw too intelligent to get good grades

>my GPA was 1.87 at one point and now im in a PhD program at a great uni. all is not completely lost
Jesus and I thought I was hopeless with a 2.2 GPA. I guess you've provided me with a little hope, thanks.

t. didn't read.
I said none of that.

>"studying is for brainlets"
I've never hear anyone saying this and have no idea where you got it from. Studying has always been associated with smart people.

Don't take the Memes from Veeky Forums seriously it will ruin your life. Only 0.00001% of the population can pass without studying.

are you not aware of the """"special genius"""" teenager stereotype?
>be 14
>stumble upon Ramanujan bio
>watch will hunting and probably some "smart" tumblr show like sherlock or something (have mandatory "mind palace")
>purposely not work and sleep through class so you can humblebrag about getting good grades without working, all the while discarding academic and career pursuits as brainlet, poser, and tryhard matters
>"I don't need money"
>"I study math because of its beauty, it truly is the language of god but no one but me can see it"
>"I'd rather understand stuff than get good grades"
>"tfw to smart too get good grades"
>"how do brainlets get such good grades?"
>"why did I get kicked out of college?"
>"tfw SMART but LAZY"

without attending any class during the whole year? probably.
but passing while attending, listening and taking notes carefully is not that hard desu.

How will you get into grad school with less than a 3.0 GPA?

Those people should be sold into prostitution.

Retake classes to raise my GPA, I guess.

yeah but who would fuck them right.
they're usually scrawny ugly fucks.
most of the time they just end up living with their parents or studying social sciences or Veeky Forumsshit.
red flags include:
>swears by number theory and synthetic geometry
>obsessed with "elegant proofs" and recreational math
>sucks Euclid's cock all day long
>doesn't know the first thing about calculus/analysis
>claims high verbal IQ/ low performance IQ issues

kek I knew so many of those. One of them in particular kept spouting bullshit about logic and science despite being literally unable to understand what complex numbers were in high school.

where are you from? which uni now?

can confirm I failed out of community college(mad lols) bc i didnt give two shits, years later decided to get good I just finished my phd at an ivy

Falling for Veeky Forums memes is for brainlets.

fuck, burgers have it so easy. here no one gives a crap how good you are, if you failed once it's over. if you're over 20 and aren't in a masters chances are you're gonna be homeless.

hehe, feels good to be superior
t. HEC guy

>studying is for brainlets
studying for a math class is for brainlet
if you have to study for a history class, then you are just average

t. has never taken a graduate-level math class.

Do you realize what mathematicians do? Study.

t. person who failed at getting their phd
real mathematicians only need to attend the lectures

And then do what? Waste the rest of their day rotting their brain instead of studying and thinking about the material?

im from canada though

Why even attend lectures or socialize with people? Might as well move to Montana live off the fat of the land and study mathematics and prove unsolved problems completely by your self with no external validation.

RPI graduate program, the 1.87 was at University of Houston (with a full ride squandered...)
like said, retook certain classes at a community college to raise my GPA back to decent point, then transferred to another 4 year uni where i maintained a 3.6, more than adequate for grad school.
yep same here, failing out hard and working shit jobs made me realize the opportunity i had and squandered, and also that i was wasting my inherent intelligence (or ability to be in academia i should say)

i will say, when i serious'd up, it was a lot of work, a lot of studying, but i definitely was in the wrong program at UH, changing programs really helped me since im extremely interested in my field now, which makes studying very easy (biochem)

Remember, he "doesn't study." He would just do nothing.

was an obvious shitpost.

> becoming a brainlet
Motherfucker you been a brainlet the whole time. The fuck actually believes that you can not study and succeed? Seriously that's borderline retarded behavior.

>HEC
lmao

Aren't unis a scam nowadays?

i hope i can go to grad school .I had a 1.99 then i went to a CCC even though i did decent there may combined gpa is a 2.6. I just transferred to another 4 year uni.I have about 2 1/2 years left is it possible for me to go to grad school still?

yeah i do the second . There is not much to study when you those three things and im a brainlet

>normal people study
>"HMM MAYBE SINCE I'M SMARTER I WONT STUDY BECAUSE THAT WILL GIVE A BETTER RESULT SOMEHOW"
>doesn't do as well or just does as well
>"wtf i thought i was smart"

protip if you do this you aren't smart. you just don't want to work and are a pussy and say you're "smart" because it's too vague to measure.

>"studying is for brainlets"
Wow.

Did you not read the post? I was an edgy teenager, the exact reasoning was that studying and caring about your future is for SHEEPLE.
I didn't think I'd succeed, just that I might and that either way I'd look cool

yes. get above a 3 and do well on the GRE, and have strong letters of rec, and in your statement of intent talk about your failure, do not fail to address it

Kek

> caring about the future is for sheeple
So yeah, you were definitely a bainlet the whole time

Il fait la fac, héhé

>il achète son diplôme en... rien du tout en fait
kek

nope, I was quite smart actually. But I was so far away from the real world. Being smart and being ambitious/invested in stuff are two completely different thing although for some reason burgers get them mixed up.

imagine what happens if you are both smart AND ambitious. that's called not being a brainlet.

I graduated from HS this year, one of the best in my country, with amazing grades and without any serious studying.
I don't even know how to study properly. Will university fuck me over, or can I keep going by just properly listening to lectures and looking over the books a day before the test?

You can keep going that way if you've made it this far already.
I go to the number one university in my area of study and still remain at the top of my class with even less effort than in HS.
Everyone else in the thread is just a brainlet.

learn material until you can teach it to someone. repeat looking over it no matter how stupid or boring it sounds, set aside time everyday to do this, until you literally can answer any question thrown at you about the material.

having to teach my dumbass friends everything while studying for finals really made me realize that's when material is solidified in your memory. But you of course have to review before tests, the night before, get a good night's sleep (dont be like idiots who stay up all night studying on adderall), and cramming for an hour before tests really helps as well

I hope so, user. In the worst case, I can get a job as an English translator within seconds (my country really needs those, and I already have experience)
I actually do that all the time. I don't study myself, but always help my friends study (I was the school's de facto English teacher), and sometimes do it inside my head when I am bored. I also have a tight sleep schedule for weekdays.
I guess those really did help me quite a bit.

ambition has nothing to with being a braincel you Veeky Forumsy bee.

> guys I totally ruined my future and now I'm starting to become a brainlet for the first time
> no guys seriously I wasn't a brainlet before only now I was just edgy and didn't take my future seriously
> guys stop I'm serious the series of future ruining mistakes that I made weren't because I was a brainlets stop saying I was a brainlet
Exactly what do you think it means to be smart? Good grades, solved math problems quickly, etc? Maybe being witty and somewhat quick in the head shouldn't count as being smart if you end up fucking yourself as badly as you are making it sound.

>solved math problems quickly
yes that and a good long term memory, short term memory, quick processing, high IQ.
I don't get what's so hard to understand.
Do americans really believe all gifted people are ambitious overachievers with perfect self awareness?

Thanks for the advice senpai

Well putting aside the fact that IQ is a meme standard that doesn't effectively measure intelligence, most people would consider critical reasoning skills as the most important qualifier for what counts as "smart". It's nice to use the words this way, that way we only call people smart if they make good decisions most of the time. That's the only criteria that really matters to anyone, so that's what the meaning of the words should be based on no? Who are you trying to impress by calling yourself smart when your criteria for what counts as smart isn't fucking impressive? You aren't smart if you fucked your life up as badly as you say you did. You can call yourself "gifted" or "talented" if you want, thats fine. Calling yourself intelligent is misleading, since people will take that to mean that you are someone who makes smart choices and won't likely make dream-fucking mistakes in the absence of difficult and uncontrollable circumstances.

> IQ is a meme standard that doesn't effectively measure intelligence
nice meme

you're 100% likely not intelligent if you think IQ is what determines everything.

>quick processing, high IQ.
apparently not, you have an outcome worse than average people. you're a dunning kruger moron.

>100% likely not intelligent if you think IQ is what determines everything
how did >imply this?

Tfw,
>Graduate high school in 2015
>Spent 6 months studying endlessly in order to get a scholarship abroad so I can leave my shitty third world country
>Get that scholarship (Only 1 guy from my country got it in the past 12 years)
just wait for it not trying to brag about stupid shit.
>''You're getting a full ride to ANY japanese uni you can get into while you're there''
Proceed to fuck around, normieing around ALL THAT TIME, literally from july 2016 until I came here.
Luckily I am good at languages so japanese isn't so hard, but turns out if you don't study for such a long time and spend your time doing drugs and fucking you forget stuff.
Have to learn everything again, and now in Japanese.
I have my ''entrance exams'' in two weeks, basically you get a good score you go to the top unis, you don't and you go to whichever one takes you.
I am absolutely fucked with no chance of going to the universities I dreamed of when I was studying for the scholarship, feel depressed, everyone around me is a genius, I wanna die.
Guys just never take anything for granted, I felt like a god because of getting that scholarship and it turns out I'm just another lazy failure.

Anyways I can go to a decent uni (or maybe even one of the top ones if i'm lucky) and then apply for a masters scholarship if my gpa is good, any advice? I wanna kill myself desu.

>we only call people smart if they make good decisions most of the time
what the fuck, no.
>what is eyebrow jew perelman
being smart has nothing to do with that. you can be great at math and make terrible decisions.
see above, I don't know where you two got your definition but it's pretty memey.

College is designed for maximum inclusion to increase profit.

How anyone could possibly fail is astounding, they start at pre-Algebra and spend 4 years on calculus for God's sake.

>not attending
>literally lacking the drive to get out of bed in the morning
>not caring
all the people in the thread going "hurrdurr brainlet", keep in mind that some people just aren't trying at all

Fucking hell user, I'm in the same situation. But I'm going to change this year insh'Allah brother.

I failed out in '08 and didn't care because it's still possible to get into tech jobs without a degree.
But in the last couple years I've really become interested in algo/quant systems trading as a hobby. (please no bully I know you how you guys feel hatred about this and think it's evil.) When I browse job postings related to this hobby I notice not only do they just list a requirement of having any degree, but they list a specific requirement the degree has to be from either an Ivy or top 10. I'm not going to make it lacking that pedigree, so it'll just have to always be an autistic interest is some niche hobby.

> be great at math and make terrible decisions
Also known as being retarded and simultaneously talented in a certain area. Ffs do people seriously think high school math requires intelligence? It's a skill. Knowing how numbers work and how to do basic algebra hardly requires any reasoning that would distinguish a smart person from a dumb person.

Saying "I don't really care about where my life takes me" when many of the possible outcomes literally involve starving to death does indicate that there is something wrong with the person. Depression and stupidity are the possible reasons I can think of why someone would be this ridiculously unmotivated. OP didn't defend himself with the former and yet insists that it's not the latter.

I'm not saying being good at high school math is proof of being smart.
OP here, I don't think I was depressed, I just didn't care about it. Didn't see the point. And money wise I still don't see the point since I can live on 1000 euros/month no problem. But I just want to do something that's challenging.

Japs end up wageslaving no matter what anyway.

Still Before I went to technical college I thought I'm smart, but now that I look back I was pretty bad with math and similar stuff.
I was never learning hard and just barely slipped through math at highschool, maybe I just hate memorizing all these formulas, weak memory doesn't help.

My brothers, who are older by few years failed fucking midschool exams and now they're doing mining jobs and they're well off. Education level went to fucking shit.

>see above, I don't know where you two got your definition but it's pretty memey.
nobody cares what you think because you're dumb.

Implying I wanna work here, just getting free education from a first world country instead of getting robbed and killed in my own.

why are you so jealous? you're probably the one in a great college with your life all set. the only thing I have going for me is being smarter than you for all the good it's done me. nothing to be jealous about lol.

Man, we're basically burger.

> still don't see the point
Really? You aren't constantly hearing stories about people that didn't prepare financially for the future and ended up getting fucked? The cost of living is volatile and unpredictable no matter where you live, it should be common sense that living paycheck to paycheck is a very dangerous situation to be in. You say that you can survive on 1000 euro but you simply cannot expect that to be true at every point in your future. This is the kind of assumption that many would consider a sign of retardation.

No its not a meme legit geniuses can be on drugsand still score high on the S.A Ts.

Doing complex math is like 1+1 to a genius.The same way you can fathom an idiot cant get algebra geniuses wonder why you struggle with say uhhh math theory.

honestly even guys like terence tao have stated that there comes a point when even people that are that good in math ie geniuses reach material that forces that to just have to sit on their asses on learn, knowledge doesn't just pop into their minds instantly

I was in the same boat as you OP, failed out my freshman year with a 1.5 gpa. Took a few years off, was depressed and convinced I'd never even finish my bachelors. Figured out what I wanted in life and came up with a plan which outlined exactly what I needed to do to make it happen. Graduating in May with a biochem degree, I've maintained a 4.0 since I've been back and applying to med schools next cycle. Don't give up OP

>tfw seen an anime where the smartest guy in the class pretended like he doesn't study
This is what actually happens IRL user

This actually does happen quite often. Have a friend who'll cross her fingers and swear she doesn't study, but her laptop always opens to a pdf file of the textbook.
Brainlets, when will they learn?

>tfw all the classes I ace, I didn't study for
>tfw the ones I do study for, I'm mediocre at.

While you may not need to studt hard for above avarage results, i recomend you to work hard to get amazing results.

Being this delusional.

t. mad brainlet
I'm sure money will fill the void just fine

my GPA was also < 2 at one point lol

You can easily turn it around by fundamentally changing how you approach university. Make a point to go on campus as early as possible, do what assignments you can, read, and then go to class. After classes, stay on campus for several hours and do all your assignments. Don't leave campus until there's nothing else for you to do that day. (If you have evening classes, do all your assignments before you go to class and go home afterwards)

This has helped me tremendously.

>Tfw Iq 152 and brainlet
>Tfw poorfag
Why God? WHY???

>being "smart" yet being too stupid to put in even a tiny effort to succeed at something
it's like having a credit card, never activating it, then saying you have purchasing power going for you

dumb as fuck.

I don't need to use my gifts.
In fact I enjoy wasting them; it's like I'm spitting in the face of the brainlets who just wish they had what I'm throwing away.
Fucking brainlets they are the excrement upon my boot.

Holy shit this is me. How do I avoid this in uni?

Oh, I thought you meant an actual great school like U Chicago or Duke or Wash U.

?

The smart characters in anime either study all the time or pull an all-nighter before taking a test.

You're just a gaywad.

good thing the only impediment i ever had as a student was that i was procrastinator

acknowledge that you're normal and need to work hard as fuark to be great

a lot of passive agression for a hired brainlet