Are there any good books about serial killers? Other than the obvious ones like American Psycho or some shit

Are there any good books about serial killers? Other than the obvious ones like American Psycho or some shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

cusd200.org/cms/lib7/IL01001538/Centricity/Domain/361/oates_going.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It pretty obvious also but have you read hannibal trilogy ? Good stuff.

Carl Panzram a crazy serial killer/rapist in the 20s wrote an autobiography that is p gud.

Slightly related, about to start Child of God, how early does the corpse fucking start?

I haven't read it but I reckon: while it's still warm.

How do the books hold up to the series? Because goddamn, the series was fucking excellent. Will I be disappointed?

>while it's still warm
that sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Let me post damn it
Perfume: the story of a murderer.
google it

God, I had to read that for school. Then we had to watch the movie.
I hated it. Goddamn, I hated it.

I can confirm. Hannibal trilogy is good stuff.

fiction or nonfiction? there's all kinds of true crime schlock out there on the shelves of every bookstore.

I'm talking about the tv show

Zombie by Choice Caroll Oates stuck with me.

cusd200.org/cms/lib7/IL01001538/Centricity/Domain/361/oates_going.pdf

for you user, my only friend

And he's talking about the books... You know, because Veeky Forums and all that.

>based on the life of Jeffrey Dahmer

>Many of Dahmer's victims killed in 1991 had holes bored into their skulls through which Dahmer injected muriatic acid or, later, boiling water, directly into the brain[231] in an attempt to render a permanent, submissive, unresistant state. On at least three occasions, this proved fatal although on none of these occasions was this Dahmer's intention.

Holy hell.

The Slaughter King by Simon Whitechapel, not sure if you'd call it good though, thought it was a bit pseud, like it was trying to be all high brow but its about lesbians hunting down a serial killer, it has some good bits though but I thought it was disappointing, you might as well try it though

Goddamn Veeky Forums not letting me post yesterday.

Thanks for the recs fellas.

Funnily enough I've never even considered reading those books. I love the film Silence of the Lambs but I've never even thought much about the books until now.

The Part About the Killings

Red Dragon 1/5
Silence of the Lambs 3/5
Hannibal 1/5

I recommend: The Cleaner (by Paul Cleave) 4/5

great reading comprehension there, slick.
and I'm asking if the books are anything like the tv show or if, after having enjoyed the tv show, the books are just going to disappoint.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Yes I remember this as well. Read this, OP.