What would be the smallest size for a "terran" planet which supports life,has gravity etc?

what would be the smallest size for a "terran" planet which supports life,has gravity etc?

and could it be a one continent planet like my pic related map?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0uMK3YopP_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

?

>what would be the smallest size for a "terran" planet which supports life,has gravity etc?

Flat, or round?

I've never actually considered this idea before. You could in theory have a planet with surface gravity equal to earth's as small as you like as long as it has the right mass to compensate, but eventually the pressure would be too high for the outer layer to sustain life. I have no idea where that point would be though.

Is that the crab nebula?

assuming the plantet is a giant lump of tungsten (instead of iron), which is about 3 times denser
meaning you could have "Earth" 3 times smaller in mass
I'm too lazy to calculate the exact proportions

This would not work you brainlet. Gravity would be way stronger because you are closer to the core.

round
yep, followed this tutorial to make it youtu.be/0uMK3YopP_c

All planets are flat

t. /x/

that's rude to /x/
not even they are that fucking retarded

A few centimeters. All it needs is an atmosphere and a magnetic field to protect itself from sun winds as well as water and stuff to make proteins out of.

That looks a lot like the crab nebula.

>could it be a one continent planet

How is that a problem, now you can make even smaller earth

>not even they are that fucking retarded

Well, you SAY that...

it is the crab nebula, see

It would need gravity close to that of Earth in order to maintain the atmosphere. You would still also need a strong magnetic field too but that would not have saved Mars, just delayed the atmospheric loss.

And yes, you could do with a single continent. That was the case early on in Earth's geological history. Look up Pangea and Gondwanaland.

Motto: reunite Pangea! Now!

I think the limit is the escape velocity of oxygen, so gravity would have to be strong enough to prevent atmospheric loss. At that point, you could basically scale everything down on the surface (oceans, land, etc) then make the core as dense as possible to fit within the mass you need.

So what would a high gravity world look like in terms of flora and fauna?

THICC

Would tress be shorter or taller?

easy

Different

shorter and thiccer

so space dwarfs and goblins?

Kek

Any size really. All that is needed is 10 m/s gravity on it's surface. So if someone were to somehow make a special type of super dense rock, it would be possible to have a planet with a surface of a square mile but still be able to retain liquid water and oxygen. For how long though, is another matter entirely.

It's kind of like a giant greenhouse in that regard.

literally

but earth is 9.81m/s we should all be dead?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!