Bought some meal prep containers. What are some ideas for lunch to prep

Bought some meal prep containers. What are some ideas for lunch to prep.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/chemical-used-to-replace-bpa-in-plastic-accelerates-embryonic-development-disrupts-reproductive-system
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I always enjoyed left over crock pot meals for lunch at work. As for making full meals, the quality falls off sharply after a day or two. If you freeze, you loose flavor and texture. I wish I was better at it, I can make a good meal but I cant preserve it very well. I will watch this thread with interest.

That actually looks surprisingly enticing. How well does it hold over the week?

That is the problem I face currently. I'll probably rub a lot of Veeky Forums's autism by admitting that I've initially been using shredded rotissery chicken from the grocery store and rice but I'm trying to branch out.

What is the black thing top right, yellow thing mid bottom, green thing top left?

Chilly or stews in general if the containers don't leak. Avoid breaded meat

As a lifter, I try to make high-protein meals with good carbs & fiber and veggies. I take about 12 chicken breasts and oven bake them and the brown them on the wok (ginger, garlic), stovetop cook 2 cups of brown rice, add in canned black beans, canned corn, green bellpeppers, and diced tomatoes & onions. Mix all that together and bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes.

Split it up 6 ways for the week, and wala!

Probably around 800 calories and 70+ grams of protein per meal

black thing is wood ear fungus, yellow thing is probably some kind of squash/melon, green thing is preserved mustard greens

Nice. This sounds good as I'm trying to lose weight by packing lunches (and going to the gym more...) That said, do you mix it up or keep your lunches fairly static?

I've kept it pretty static but you can play around with the general form of the meal. So if you wanna substitute chicken breast with something else with high protein, beef chuck, shrimp, certain fish could work instead. You could use different carbs, perhaps whole grain pasta or something equally as healthy, or different types of beans. You would have to change up how it's cooked of course and change veggies & spices to your fitting but it's a good formula and it lasts in the fridge for over a week so it's pretty dependable. I didn't mention this before but I usually bake it all in a cast iron pan in the end but you could use a 9 x 13 dish also

Oh and I usually eat this for dinner, not lunch since it's a lot of food but it's up to you

>cooking food to eat 7 days later

Nasty as fuck I'd rather make a quick lunch atleast it's fresh even if pressed for time it only takes a few minutes or shit I'd rather be fat and buy fast food on lunch than some old crap. Oldest good is eat is maybe leftovers from the previous day after that into the trash it goes

Japan?

You freeze them dipshit

Still disgusting it's still old and that's still gross "dipshit" stop being lazy and cook fresh daily

>tfw single person with a costco membership

>putting plastic in the microwave

>thinking all plastics are the same

I know that feeling man. I do have a gf but she eats like a mouse and ends up just nibbling off one of their rotisserie chickens for a week.

I'm thinking about making most of my food 4 days in advanced

does anyone think that if I prep a salad with some sauteed veggies that it'd last for 4 days in a closed glass container?

I suppose a lot of it depends on what you put in it and how well it holds but I should think max 2 days is good for salads, but that's just an opinion with no facts to back it up.

babby scarred of a little bpa?

lots of bagged salad lasts longer than 4 days. store the sauteed vegetables in a separate container though.

the stuff used as a replacement for bpa is even worse than bpa.

my kitchen is all pyrex all the time

so I should bag my salad, store the veggies in the container, & toss them together when it's time to eat?

>the stuff used as a replacement for bpa is even worse than bpa.

I figured this

>my kitchen is all pyrex all the time

my nigga

yeah

Glad someone made this thread.

Last week I made 10 meals (5 days for 2 people). I made grilled lemon rosemary chicken with home fries and roasted Brussel sprouts.

It was the first time we tried it. If anyone has ideas for meals that fit a basic *Protein, Carb, and Veggie* format I'd really appreciate it.

Is it really a good idea to store fungi/mushrooms for food storage. They go bad on their own so quick without cooking, I cant imagine how they'd taste if I had it in my fridge for more than 3 days

I usually do a ploughman's lunch. I hate reheating food. Most of all in an office microwave.

Greens (stewed spinach/kale, carrots, broccoli, peas, or something else) on one side, rice (or some other kind of carbohydrate ration) on the other, a mixture of meat (your choice - chicken, turkey, fish, etc.) and legumes (chickpeas, beans, lentils, or something like that) in the middle.

You are, after all, the Huston Street of how much you eat.

are there any alternatives to using plastic containers that are practical and affordable

You sound like a who orders a lot a pizza.

Chicken thighs with baked sweet potato and watercress salad. I also like Gordon Ramsay's baked beans with potato cakes and steamed broccoli.

this thread posted this
I googled Pyrex, they seem to be effective glass containers with BPA free plastic tops. I'm thinking of getting these for my parents. They love microwaving everything with their shitty plastic containers.

that looks good af. maybe needs some acidity

>Gordon Ramsay's baked beans with potato cakes and steamed broccoli.

Do you prep that for breakfast?

>citation needed

No. I eat it for lunch.

>do you mix it up or keep your lunches fairly static?
Veeky Forums unironically do not change 90% of their meals because it just werks and they're all just protein/fats/carbs anyway

learn to google faggot

newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/chemical-used-to-replace-bpa-in-plastic-accelerates-embryonic-development-disrupts-reproductive-system

>linked to

Common weasel-word in these kind of publications, do you have a link to the actual study or not?

Also, even if this is true (which isn't demonstrated in this study as it's about zebrafish), it doesn't mean that it is worse than BPA.

u could use a few glass containers with watertight plastic covers, and store en mass, refill as u go throughout the week in larger plastic containers

unless our reproductive DNA, organs, or tissues resembles the zebrafish's, then it might be relevant somewhat, but it does demonstrate the capability of BPA replacements to cause harm, especially to DNA, and people like their reproductive DNA