What makes some cultures more creative and innovative than others?

What makes some cultures more creative and innovative than others?

i want to fuck a unicorn so bad

Having more creative and innovative people.

genetics and internal pressures

>bait screenshot from social media
>ensure race-'discussion' can take place

You're on the literature board. If you want to talk about 'lol niggers' then there are other boards who don't do much else.

Fuck off

They take each other seriously

>biological determinism

Truly the mark of the brainlet. Are africans who live in countries that most african-americans descend from just as culturally influential as they are, then?

What culture do African Americans have besides buying the gaudiest white shit possible?

Gee I dunno, have you ever heard of literally any genre of popular music? Blues? Jazz? Rock n roll? Hip hop? Techno?

Neanderthal genes

WE WUZ HAIRZ AND SHIET MY NEGROID

Boipussi.

>listening to and giving importance to popular music
now THIS is the true mark of a brainlet

>popular music
Are we supposed to be impressed or something?

back to /mlp/ with you

>What makes some cultures more creative and innovative than others?
If ya serious, you could check out cultural evolution

Everyone who thinks it comes down to individuals is just plain wrong, tho they play their part

Climate.

*tip*

Degeneration of European culture isn't a culture.

The lack of authoritarian strictures. Nothing cramps creativity like laws, taboos and moral prescriptions.

Don't you mean the opposite?

not Veeky Forums

>if it falls outside of my arbitrary, poorly defined parameters it isn't culture
get fucked kid

>evolution only applies from the neck down!
Speaking of brainlets

The sort of biological determinism espoused on Veeky Forums is half baked conjecture doesn't to validate a preexisting worldview. It has no empirical basis and the fact that retards with no real background in science constantly tout it like some hard truth people are ignoring infuriates me.

meant to say
>half baked conjecture used to validate
fuck phoneposting

But he wasn't being a hard determinist. He basically said that it was a result of genetic impulses and how they interacts with our environment, which is true of literally every action we perform.

No, you are wrong, our understanding of genetics and their influence on behaviour is nowhere near complete enough to make a statement that authoritative. Please disable your trip, get off of Veeky Forums and read a book. Thank you.

Well you could label certain reactions of individuals as being 'instinctive traits' handed down from our ancestors, or you could view a lot of the sensations and feelings you receive to be from God.

You're so entrenched in your ideological beliefs that you're equivocating on something as biologically fundamental as "inherent impulses influence behavior." We couldn't function as sentient beings if we didn't have inherent drives.

A person can choose to eschew those drives, but they rarely ever stop being major influential factors in their behavior. No one's completely rational at every moment.

>A person can choose to eschew those drives
this is in direct contradiction with your early claim that genetic impulses influence literally every action we perform. You don't seem to understand what learned behaviour is, nor how it differs from instinct. I'm not entrenched in any ideololgy, I simply understand the scientific method. Your claims are completely unfounded, they're not "biologically fundamental" as you call them. Where did you pick up such nonsense? Certainly not from a university professor, or a biology textbook. I can tell you that much.

I said that genetic impulses interacting with our environment is what determines our behavior. Someone can have an impulse that drives them to want to do something, but their culture can forbid it. That's an example of our genetically-determined impulses interacting with their environment. No one said that we're automatons.

>You don't seem to understand what learned behaviour is
And idiots such as yourself privilege habitualization over every other influencing factor. Cultural determinism seems to be the popular consensus nowadays.

One essay by Neil Gaiman's The View from the Cheap Seats mentions a trip to China for a sci fi convention that the government only recently allowed. He asked an official why they were permitting it,and the answer was that the ruling class noticed a lack of inventiveness and innovation in their people, so they saw that the sharing of ideas at such conventions was a way of remedying the situation.

I'm supporting this stuff right here.

>I said that genetic impulses interacting with our environment is what determines our behavior.
Nigger you don't understand. There is no proof of this yet, that is what I've been trying to drive home to you. We don't fully understand genetics, and there isn't evidence to show it's determining our behaviour to the degree you or the man you initially defended claim. Does our genetics impact our being? Yes. Does genetics influence our behaviour? Potentially. Can we authoritatively state that genetics, alongside environment, is the primary driving force in our behaviour, or even a relatively significant influence? No. There is no literature to support this. You flaw is that you are taking an elementary understanding of genetics (genetics play a significant role in human biological processes) and extrapolating that information and bringing it to a false conclusion not supported by data.

Fuck off, nigger.