Why is my bio class filled with women, I thought women didn't go into STEM?

Why is my bio class filled with women, I thought women didn't go into STEM?

>Biology
>STEM
You just wanted somebody to post that, didn't you.

you stupid fucking mongolian
biology is literally the only useful part of science

> uses fucking computer to make this comment

i am using 4chans telegram service

>2017
>not using a brain computer

If we invested all of our years into biologically making us into naturally-born chads we would not need computers

It's more about memory and associative reasoning, both things which women excel in. Because they have more white matter, and I read somewhere that women have better memory.

Men's brain's, however, are more suited towards maths and spatial reasoning. A reason for there being a relatively large amount in engineering

Nice memes, but we're on Veeky Forums here.

They all want to become doctors/nurses.

Try biochem or pharma, in yuropoor these two fields are modeling agency. Every law&biz chad bangs biochem/pharma chicks.

Agreed. Everyone knows G is G is G, unless you are jewish then your verbal IQ is higher than your spatial.

>BIO
>STEM
. . . leave

this retard too

is the place to go for little boys like you

this is the reason
this is not the reason

I want to do deep sea science next year, but according to Veeky Forums anything biology related isn't rigorous enough
How could I make biology more rigorous?
I am good at math and physics, but am not interested in gayass engineering like most people who are good at math and physics want to do
I want to discover and study exotic creatures in the deep sea, but Veeky Forums says this isn't a rigorous field
What should I do?

>biology is all plants and shit
>people should become electrical engineers because we need more nasa scientists

got it bro

Because low level biology classes are taken by every nursing, premed, and psychology major students

Try a higher level molecular biology/biochem class and it will be much different

college isn't STEM. college is college. STEM means industry. women wash out of industry in droves.

WHITE and BLACK women don't into STEM. My STEM classes have literally just as many, 50%, Arab, Asian, and poo in loo women as white men

Learn to code. Specifically, learn R and Python. Buy the book "Practical Computing for Biologists" and take a bunch of courses in biostatistics. Quantitative biology is relevant to all areas of biology, including marine biology. Marine biologists want to do quantitative analyses of population genetics and genomics and biomarkers of sea creatures, and having a quantitative background will make you a good candidate. Also try to get in a lab for undergraduate research. Even if you're not doing quantitative stuff you should still practice coding on the side.

Veeky Forums is filled with dumb undergrads from cow colleges whose only exposure to biology is bio 101. At the graduate level, pretty much everyone is learning how to code and model. All the low hanging fruit have been picked and biology is moving towards a more rigorous paradigm.

See this Infographic

Quant GRE vs Female/Male Ratio
More Males = better at Math & Logical Reasoning.
More Females = worse at Math & Logical Reasoning.

Average IQ vs % of Females

I-is biochemistry a good major? Does it fit under Biology or Chemistry?

Biochem major here.

It's far more chem than bio. They are the same degree, except Junior and senior year you take courses in the chemistry behind immunology, metabolism, etc. instead of polymers and analytical chemistry and concrete and crap.

Both diplomas are interchangeable for entry level positions. Chemistry with a focus in biological systems is a better description.

Aside from being completely wrong, I'm deducting 10 extra points for superfluous use of "literally".
Was there ANY chance anyone thought you meant biology was figuratively "the only useful part of science"????
The English language is bad enough already, please don't (metaphorically) wipe you ass with it.

Thanks, what do you think would be a good masters/phd program to go into after undergrad from there?

Asking because I'm in my 2nd year now and want to look into the different options.

Personally I want to do medical research, particularly in genetics, and my dream career is to work at the CDC. My backup plan is pharmacy school.

What a worthless thread. Kill yourself, moron.

Could the folks taking this bait at least sage ffs

I don't have much empirical evidence to back you up but being a female who currently does STEM I can confirm that my memory/associative reasoning are the only things that are pulling me up. I have noticed the females who tend to do chem/physics are all very much masculine and aggressive (ugly too). Though another thing I've noticed is that white females/non-Asian females are even worse at STEM, mostly majoring in things like psychology and biology while plenty of Asian females do chem/maths etc.

Math/Chem girls are smarter than other girls, can at principle earn more $$ & generate kids with higher IQ.
>*summons /a/utistic anime pic*

Why is that a bad thing? It makes it easier to excel in your class.

Even bio programs now are as rigorous if not more so than chemistry, when dealing with protein analysis/molecular bio/molecular genetics.

People think biology is just the field study shit, which once you introduce complex bioinformatic models and the more complete ecosystem level voodoo bullshit, starts being rigorous as well.