To humans, TIME is obviously a very different dimension than space or charge

To humans, TIME is obviously a very different dimension than space or charge.
Simply put, it never *is* but instead it is always felt in another thing that *is*, like space or charge

We know that time and space are related as second has meaning only when compared to spatial measurements
We also know that charge and space are related as mass causes curvature in space and mass moves in space

But in mathematics, does time-dimension truly have any special properties? Doesn't it always behave in exactly the same way any spatial dimension would behave?

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2015-11-nist-team-spooky-action-distance.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>TIME is obviously...

No it isn't you knucklehead. Time doesn't exist, what you would call time is nothing more than a magnitude of energy from our understanding. The only thing we know about time is that it's a human contrivance to keep track of events, nothing more. If it behaved like a spacial dimension like ours it would seek pressure mediation and equilibrium, time would reverse and speed up in different parts of the universe based on how "unequal" it is in other parts.

>space is a thing that does something

Space has no properties and acts on nothing, it does not exist. Prove me wrong and tell me what "Space" is made of.

You break down the environment of education, discussion, and learning, discouraging science because you start off with an insult.

>you started off with an insult so I don't have to come up with a logical argument to counter your well made points.

Go back to /pol/

I'm 3rd party to this. You need to go take your pills or something because there is something wrong with you.

More people not disproving my point.
It's really simple, all you have to do is tell me:
>What properties space has
>Why time would exist, what drives time in order for it to be a modality that acts upon something?

Not everyone is against your point you know?
Why so defensive?

Everyone has been against it so far, where have you been?

>3 anons saying you shouldn't start off with an insult and be a retard when they call you out
>EVERYONE IS AGAINST MY WELL MADE POINTS!!1

your brain hole is small as fuck.

>things decay and age because time doesn't exist.

Time is relative to the observer. A house fly perceives time slower than humans, and whales perceive time much faster than humans. The distance from you senses to your brain dictate the speed at which time will pass for an individual.

>Decaying
Into what? What does time have anything to do with it?
>Age
The number we determine something by based on our position of the sun. Is the time different in another solar system or something?

Again "time" does not exist as something that does something.

God damn this thread is full of pseudo-philosophical autists. That sickly disgusting stench of a philosopher is easy to catch, just look for a flowery sentence that makes big claims but only backs it up with shit logic and no evidence.

Keep Veeky Forums to the scientists

Take a cube of space and synchronously account for the location and property(gravity included) of every particle(except light).

As soon as this cube of space changes in any way, i.e. the next moment after the measurement, you have seen what we call time.

>TIME
>dimension

stopped reading there.

Ok. Space is made of something because it is warped by mass to create a gravitational field. If "space" or more appropriately spacetime didnt exist neither would gravity.

Also, time does exist. Sure, our measurements of it like seconds, minutes, hours, etc., are all just human constructs. They mean nothing and in reality are just tools we created to make life easier. However, time does still exist, entropy always increases with time. If you dont like that reasoning for whatever reason, think of it this way. Whether we like it or not there is a chronological order of events in the universe. You cant have before and after if there is no difference between the two. You dont get wet when you walk outside because it rained last week.

How cute, he thinks physics and meta-physics aren't the same thing.

>your logic is shit and so is your evidence.
> Our human contrived LANGUAGE of numbers and descriptions of physics can better explain time even though it still has not proved the existence of particles yet claims they exist.
>if space does not exist neither does gravity.
No shit, have you ever wondered why there is still no proof for gravity as a seperate modality? What other modalities could possibly exhibit and explain the qualities of gravity? Spoiler alert: it surrounds the planet and anything that has mass is compromised of it.
>Whether we like it or not there is a chronological order of events in the universe.
OH REALLY. I would like to see some proofs for that claim. And also entropy is a measurement we came up with, like time.

You want proof... that the universe has chronological order? Other than the rain example i already gave you? Ok i guess...

If you go to hiroshima and nagasaki right now you will most like not be killed by a nuclear bomb.
If you wash your hands before you poop it would be unwise to lick your fingers.
If you call your mom she will never receive said call before you made it, or after for that matter.
If you ejaculate before you have sex, you have a problem.
5 year old you and 50 year old you will never have a two way conversation.
I could go on but i think that you get the point.

>No shit, have you ever wondered why there is still no proof for gravity as a seperate modality?
I will take what is the higgs boson for $500 Alex.

Also, we use general relativity for satillite communication timing because if we didnt, the amount of TIME dialation due to the GRAVITY of Earth would throw your GPS position off by a mile or two.

You throw a list of random events and ad hominems and expect me to correlate it with the existence of time? Okay
>I fill a tank of air on earth with another tank , it takes 15 minutes
>I fill the same tank of air on Venus, it fills almost instantly because it's so fucking hot that it sucks the air from the other tank (assuming that the filling tank is the same temp as it was on earth)
>Somehow time affects this and not pressure mediation

>Higgs boson
Yeah what about it? Lol, you mention it and that means it exists and there's proof? You have been listening to black science man for a bit too long.

>Also, we use general relativity for satillite communication timing because if we didnt, the amount of TIME dialation due to the GRAVITY of Earth would throw your GPS position off by a mile or two.

So in other words this magical thing called gravity somehow delays electromagnetic waves of a certain frequency.
>Electromagnetic waves
>gravity...As a separate thing
>People still believing in relativity when instantaneous action at a distance has been recorded.

I will take Magnetism and Bloch Wall for $1000, Alex.

>DAILY DUALITY!

To humans, red is very different than blue. So what? The key here is "for HUMANS".

>If you ejaculate before you have sex, you have a problem.
That got me.

Space is simply a container. The face that you and I exist, the Universe exists, in whatever abstract form you'd like to propose, it exists, someway, somehow. No matter how irrelevant or how different our existence may be, it still is a form of existence. Therefore, space contains our form of experience.

Things change in space. Different beings experience this change in different ways, and it's also been proven that speaking different languages can influence your perception of the much discussed time. However us humans made many laws that take this measured change that work, and use them for complex things, like cars, computers, etc. That means a measured change works in our physical space.

Does it have to be linear? No. Does our experience of it totally describe it? Also no. Time is only another form of space, perhaps a container of the container is a way to see it.

In conclusion, saying time and space don't exist is ignorant to your own existence. Proof that you exist? That I exist? Existing means being in a way or another, your thoughts exist, your fantasies exist somewhere inside your mind, and no matter how abstract or irrelevant, we exist in a way or another. And this is the way we exist, what we call "physical" existence, so trying to say we don't by defining existence as existence in a specific way or another seems irrelevant to me.

(1/2)
Space is simply a container. The face that you and I exist, the Universe exists, in whatever abstract form you'd like to propose, it exists, someway, somehow. No matter how irrelevant or how different our existence may be, it still is a form of existence. Therefore, space contains our form of experience.

You have explained nothing and gave definition to something that is undefinable. A container? A container of what? What is the container made of? Not what's in the container, not the minuscule amounts of helium and hydrogen atoms, no. What is the container MADE OF? WHAT DEFINES SPACE? The answer is nothing
Something that has no properties and acts on nothing CANNOT EXIST. You are giving definition to the undefinable, You cannot explain something if it is not there, to do so is a fallacy. You and I exist because indivisible fields are charging and discharging trying to maintain equilibrium in a chaotic and incommensurable environment.

>Things change in space. Different beings experience this change in different ways, and it's also been proven that speaking different languages can influence your perception of the much discussed time. However us humans made many laws that take this measured change that work, and use them for complex things, like cars, computers, etc. That means a measured change works in our physical space.

No, things "change" regardless of whether they're in "space" or in your butthole, everything seeks an equilibrium and that is what occurs in the vast emptiness of "space". A massive series of fields (which we know exist because they DO act on things) bounce around and seek equilibrium. Things don't just "bend space time" or create "hols in space". It's centrifugal and centripetal inertia converting and diverging from MASSIVE SPINNING COHERENT OBJECTS, nothing is bent if everything already bent!

No

>Proof that you exist? That I exist? Existing means being in a way or another, your thoughts exist, your fantasies exist somewhere inside your mind, and no matter how abstract or irrelevant, we exist in a way or another.

I don't need proof I exist, nor do you. My computer (which runs on dielectricity and magnetism) that I (a bunch of "atoms" with magnetic fields) post on should tell you (a bunch of atoms) all you need to know about how we exist and how thoughts and fantasies work (your nerves send what kind of pulses now?) . Space (which does nothing) contributes nothing to this equation.
Do you think space explodes the sun?
Do you think Absolute zero can exist? Space is just a container after all, it shouldn't matter what you put in it right? Why can't we create absolute zero no matter how close we come?
Do you think space creates energy or Magnetism out of nothing?
Do you think space spins the earth?
Do you think space is a vacuum that is comprised or mostly nothing yet is somehow a thing?

Also let me rephrase this in case I wasn't clear;

You think that Time is a thing that does something and matters even though we've proved INSTANTANEOUS ACTION AT A DISTANCE. Think about that really hard. "Time affects something that takes no time to do".

>timefag
time isnt real , there's literally no 'moments' other then now, no past and no future , it is a 0 dimensional quantity and is there for degenerate . you could come up with literally finally many analogues of this 'time' dimension but its fucking useless since it dosnt serve the purpose of a dimension (to describe positions of events and objects .

timefags always assume their fucking conclusion when talking about it instead of trying to prove its real (one dimensional and not 0 dimensional.)

time is an /x/-tier fringe theory and should be a bannable offense on a science board .

Thank you, at least someone understands that it's a measurement of nothing physical.

its not a measurement of anything ,its impossible to prove it exists without assuming its existence . its like if i said there particles called autistrons that only interact with the autistic force and and have no interaction with anything that interacts with baryonic matter in any way . if i assume they exist you cant disprove it but if i dont you cant prove it .

time is the same way , you cant know there will be a time-moment after the 'now' moment unless you assume there will be.

its like if i say theres a fifth dimension , call it 'a' and arbitrarily assign numbers in 'a' to any points in the other dimensions , 'a' will be as real as time.

How is it any more likely that electromagnetism is attracting non-magnetic material to Earths surface instead of gravity effecting electromagnetic waves? Also you believe in quantum entanglement and not gravity or the higgs boson (which has been experimentally proven to exist)? You have a special kind of brain damage dont you?

Gravity has been invented by the establishment to keep the Man down.

Amen to that, brother. We've got to stand up against the institutions mind-controlling our children and aborting our babies. Gravity, (an elaborate ruse) will never keep us down in the dirt, we've got to stand up and fight the forces that be! Damn the Democrat liberal communist satanic bastards who think they can control us with funky space magic! Fuck gravity!

Doesn't matter as long as there's orthogonality. We could describe the universe using pizza as a dimension for all I care.

>instantaneous action at a distance
>citation needed

Let me educate you user. First off, time does exist. A magnitude of energy means absolutely nothing, I'm sure you got taught in HS physics that energy is a scalar quantity, and hence can only have magnitude. Time is not a human contrivance, as it would exist happily without humans keeping track of it. Time does slow down and speed up, the same way space does (see general relativity), but is specifically does not run backwards. This is something that separates it from spatial dimensions. We don't know exactly why it only runs forwards, but it has something to do with entropy. Space has lots of properties, such as quantum foam, cosmological expansion, warping due to gravity, I could go on...

I think you should read a bit of general relativity, if your physics skills are up to the task. It quite insightfully states that the universe is made of a manifold that has three spatial and one temporal dimension. To define an EVENT on this manifold, you must have coordinates in both space and time. And interestingly, the ability of two events to communicate with one another depends on their "distance" (actually determined by the speed of light) away from each other.

>instantaneous action at a distance
1. The proof thing was just in case you were going to say that you don't believe we actually exist. Since you don't believe in time nor space, you are being ignorant to your own being, at a time, in a space. Therefore I thought you might be saying we also don't exist, and I stated that any kind of existence is a existence. Ergo, we exist, and can go further and say that since we exist, we must exist somewhere/somehow: and ergo we can say we exist in space.

2. When I'm talking about space, I mean everything in which something is. Inside my butthole, inside your butthole, inside everyone's butthole, still is space.

3. The fact that you experience a now and not everything at once means you have a limitation of experiencing change; that is, in a linear way.

4. Everything evolves. Even your instantaneous action at a distance, it takes no time to do yet you cannot deny it's obvious change of state (as a particle disappears). But, it is also irrelevant to use something we don't fully understand to try and disprove something else we don't fully understand.

Don't call it time, if you don't like the term. Call it change in space. Therefore, I think it may contain space. Even if you don't measure it, it happens.

>brainlets can't bring up time without also bringing up space or motion

lol what's it like having such a weak temporal lobe?

>Again "time" does not exist as something that does something.
Oh no a retard.

Of course it exists. Without it, everything would be static. There would be zero observers too as observing requires time. So nothing would exist really. God you are stupid.

There's really no distinction between theoretical physics and philosophy. You are just aggressive, letting emotions interfere with this discussion. Go back to university, that's where you learn to keep your emotions in check, and let rationality and diplomacy take over.

Oh no a retard. What do you call a set that is ordered if not dimension?
Oh wait, you are just a troll. You have no idea what you are even talking about. God I was baited again by some infertile troll somewhere in deserts of Americunt.

Yeah but humans must obey laws of universe, so whatever humans feel or do or think ultimately reflects the universe in some way.

>conclusion but zero arguments
in to the trash it goes

>we could describe using pizza as a dimension for all I care
But you couldn't. You have finite computing power. You need best mathematics and physics to describe the universe. Using pizza as a dimension to describe the universe and you couldn't even calculate the distance to the Moon using all of Earth's current computing power.

Define space or motion without bringing up time. I actually think that's possible, just haven't ever seen anyone do it.

>define space without bringing up time

I don't understand what that image means, but I'll look into it. Perhaps you are right

Space is just a way of making sure all our stuff isn't in the same place

in gamedev (and in software) there is something called STATE.

The current state represents all the variables in that moment, that instant, the present.

"space" would be the number of frames or states within the two ones you want to compare.

in real life we usually use "time" in seconds, milliseconds or whatever to pick both states and compare.

what we don't know is how many states per second are calculated in real life

Our mind perceive our present as a combination of states or "frames" so i guess our brain cpu is shit compared to the server cpu.

1/2
>non magnetic material
You're wrong. You have PARAmagnetic, DIAmagnetic and Ferromagnetic matter, all of which ARE affected by magnetism. Go ahead and take a cup of water, place a strong magnet in the center of the glass and freeze it. You will see the lines of force from the magnetic field exhibited in the flow of water. Yes water, not copper, not iron, but water. Think about that.
You can also take a chunk of the worlds most diamagnetic material (bismuth) and place it next to a strong neodymium magnet and take the temperature between them both. It will slowly rise because the diamagnetic material is warping the magnetic field and creating a pressure difference.
Also I don't know where the EXPLANATION of the Higgs Boson is, all I see are theories. They still have no clue what a "field" is, they have no explanation of what causes a field only what it does and what it affects. That is nothing, but a description and descriptions do not explain shit.

Wasn't invented by the establishment, they just know the true cause of it because of what they found in Tesla's trunks....

And because of that, years later you have morons like this that discredit anything unconventional. I bet he also believes Einstein was a genius even though he didn't steal all his work and got a Nobel Piece prize for bullshitting (Like how Obama got one and then preceded to start 7 wars). He invented nothing, his work has heavily corrected by Steinmetz (who was smart and actually did invent things) and he contributed nothing of value to the electical grid you use today.

>but muh speed of light!
Speed of what? Light is a thing? When the sun hits my head do I have to shake out all the "photon particles" out of my hair?

(2/2)
phys.org/news/2015-11-nist-team-spooky-action-distance.html

No it is not really "instantaneous", but the speed of light is certainly not a limit. There is no limit other then what we can conjure up. This completely kills the theory of relativity because the foundation of it is that the speed of light in a vacuum is constant.
>Magnitude of energy means nothing
What is a hertz wave?

>When I'm talking about space, I mean everything in which something is. Inside my butthole, inside your butthole, inside everyone's butthole, still is space.

Right, and when I'm talking about SOMETHING, I am not talking about the imaginary nothingness that surrounds it. Define the space in between fields, you can't fucking do it. It is INCOMMENSURABLE, it has NO COMMON MEASURE, It CANNOT be measured.

>The fact that you experience a now and not everything at once means you have a limitation of experiencing change; that is, in a linear way.
What kind of statement is this? I am experiencing everything at once because everything at once exists around me. Billions of miles away there could be a star exploding. I would experience it all but it would be minuscule because there is PRESSURE MEDIATION. The earths magnetic field is going to bend and warp a little, but so will all the fields around it, and the field around those and so on. It depends how strong the force is and what kind it is, not how much TIME it take to get there.

>Everything evolves. Even your instantaneous action at a distance, it takes no time to do yet you cannot deny it's obvious change of state (as a particle disappears). But, it is also irrelevant to use something we don't fully understand to try and disprove something else we don't fully understand.

Particles don't exist, so I don't know what to tell you on that one. Yeah it does take NO TIME to do, and yes it is a CHANGE of something. Everything is charge and discharge(commonly yet incorrectly referred to as "negative charge".

(3/2)

>Don't call it time, if you don't like the term. Call it change in space. Therefore, I think it may contain space. Even if you don't measure it, it happens.

I won't refer to it as "space" either. It's change in inertia and if you really want to try and find a NON THEORETICAL example of something in this universe that does run on CHANGE IN INERTIA then be my guest.
Don't get me wrong, I still use a clock and a calendar. I have to use human descriptions of things to function in society after all.

No, without energy everything would be static. It's funny that you know that philosophy and physics are the same thing yet you believe that our understanding of time means that it must exist. We know nothing about how old the universe is, we don't even know if it has a beginning or an end (and if that were the case then time SURE AS FUCK wouldn't be something that does something).

>Space is just a way of making sure all our stuff isn't in the same place

"If meat is bad for you, then why is it food?" - Butthead

Circular definition and a constructive paradox.

Consider this a warning. - The Rhetorical Police

entanglement does not allow any transmission of information so relativity is alive and well and speed of light limit still holds

Also do you have any clue how fast you're traveling right now?
>Relative to what?
The starting point?

How fast are we traveling on multi-galactical scale? Certainly faster than the speed of light that's for sure. What protects us from the disasters of the effects is FIELDS that "attract" and "resist".

What do you honestly think light is? When you turn the light in your house on (WITH ELECTRICITY) all that happens is perturbations. There are no "electrons" flowing in the copper like fucking water in a pipe, all that happens is a CHANGE in MAGNETIC fluctuations. Like those shake light things, the ones with a big MAGNET in the middle with a copper winding. Where does the light come from? It's not even a thing. Nothing moves, and "waves" are what something does not what something is.

When you perturbations get high enough you get "matter" which is just a tangled perturbation of dielectricity and magnetism (which can be untangled with the right type of perturbation that will knock it straight (like from a sun or a fire or chemical reaction).