Whta stem degree has the best/worst long term future prospects?

Whta stem degree has the best/worst long term future prospects?

>Hey guys I majored in STEM
>STEM is really the best, because my high school guidanxe counselor told me
>STEM STEM STEM, that's me
>STEM just such an awesome acronym
>in fact, it's what convinced me to join a highly competitive and extremely demanding field with poor employment prospects
>I may work a difficult job for mediocre pay, but at least it's STEM!

>come to an imageboard dedicated to science and math
>fuck science and math

None of them please stop saturating the market

so as a guy about to join uni, what's the better alternative smartass?

STEM is not science and math. It's a term designed by HR to flood the labor market with new graduates in difficult/unattractive fields to drive wages down

If you only care about making money, do finance, not """"STEM"""". Otherwise keep going but be wary of what you're getting yourself into.

Environmental science, or just anything with a demand.
Environmental science is blowing up because the environment is srs bsns. It's not like super genius shit like physics or whatever but it's still cool.

>best
computational science
>worst
any type of engineering

dude, don't listen to electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering. do something pleb like power or HVAC or waste treatment. make 120k mid career salary and live a comfy life.

Proof finance is better?

software engineering > computational science

>any type of engineering is worse than computational science
Electrical & Computer Engineering >>> Computer Science.

Finance can make you more money, but the caveat is you can't be an autist unless you want to go way down the deep dark applied math hole.

Just because it can doesn't mean it will. What are the job prospects and employment rates for graduates? What's the median salary?

I can give you my personal take. I did chemical engineering/materials science. Originally I wanted to get into semiconductors, but that field is rapidly consolidating and you do not want to be a low level employee in that kind of environment.

I'm working in biotech right now, which is exploding. Big data and cheap genetic sequencing are opening so many doors for development. Biotech is sucking up people from all fields. Bio fields of course, but also chemical engineering, materials, process/industrial, mechanical, CS, data science, and others. It's going to be a huge industry in a few years.

Have fun getting PAJEETED in a few years
Trump ain’t stopping H1Bs anytime soon

It's not my field but I can give you anecdotal information from people I know. One guy is 23, he works for Wells Fargo, salaried at 50k/yr but he also gets an 80-100% bonus every year. Another guy is 26, works in private equity firm, pulls in 120k+ every year.

I won't go as far as to say this is guaranteed for every graduate, my friends are smart people and they've done well for themselves. But the point is there's money to be had, even for young people. I'm in double E and I don't think there will ever be a point where my total earnings beat theirs.

>I'm working in biotech right now, which is exploding. Big data and cheap genetic sequencing are opening so many doors for development. Biotech is sucking up people
from all fields. Bio fields of course, but also chemical engineering, materials, process/industrial, mechanical, CS, data science, and others. It's going to be a huge industry in a few years.

Agreed with all of this. This point illustrates how employment prospects in STEM fields aren't necessarily going to be constrained by STEM major. In other words, physicists or engineers or computer scientists will go into biomedical research.

In the U.S., at least, the starting position for BA/BS graduates in finance is an analyst. These jobs pay around $60 - 80k/yr, with a $5 - 10k signing bonus and year-end bonuses that can go anywhere from $20k to matching the yearly base salary. At the most prestigious investment banks (say, Goldman Sachs), these jobs are extremely competitive and firms recruit top students nearly entirely from highly-ranked universities. These jobs are usually two- to three-year stints, with people moving on to private equity, VC, hedge funds, (and probably doubling their pay) or going to business school.

If you care about number of jobs in the future:

Best: Renovable energy engineering, industrial engineering, systems engineering, anything related to automation or computers, mechanical engineering, civil engineering

Worst: Electrical & chemical engineering, both are dying in job numbers

Situational: Nuclear or Petroleum engineering, depends where you live

Is mechatronic engineering any good for future job prospects?

Yes.

''future prospects''
just worry about your first year after college, cause that's what matters the most.

I want to model population growth and evolution. Is there any work for me?

mfw physics + math double major is one of the highest earning undergrad degrees and doesn't necessitate becoming a brainlet

lol, keep dreaming

a thousand times this!

my cousin in mexico graduated in mechatronics and that nigga doesnt even have a job but then again he lives in mexico even my other cousin who is a dentist couldn't afford a car kek.

How's that liberal arts major coming along for you, faggot?

Just graduated with a BSME and going on to do an MS in applied math, you high school faggot.

This is the exact opposite of reality. Whoever must've put this together never finished grammar school

>No pure math at the top
>About to REEEEEEE
>Then notice it is an engineer only list

Ah, you are free to go. Have a nice day.