Anyone here dread when they have to eat a non-friends/family's cooking?

Anyone here dread when they have to eat a non-friends/family's cooking?

Its like when you don't like the food, I feel so bad when I take a bite, and I just wanna spit it out, Its not that the food is bad, but its just not at all my kinda taste, I don't know what to do

I know you don't like my cooking user and that's okay. I realise the fact that I'm hopelessly terrible.

I get it that only a culinary retard like myself would panic at the last minute over French onion soup because the recipe says that I should put a little cider or wine and I had none immediately on hand so I put fruit juice in it. Totally ruining it.

Stop being a little bitch. If they're being hospitable and you agreed to eat, then you man up and eat what's given to you.

I intentionally bring food to social occasions as an excuse to not eat any other food

What happens when its spicy curry?

Die?

This only annoys me if I had planned my dinner and had been looking forward to it, but someone surprises me with food and I have no excuse to turn it down. It can ruin my day when their food is disappointing and my dinner was then only thing I had to look forward to all day.

Its kinda like when your parent makes food for you, doesn't tell you, you take some bites, don't really want it, and you find it a month later in the back of the fridge, and just think "what a waste"

I just do what I do with vegetables and swallow it with water.

I ate over at my friend's house once. He was my best friend, but I never let his mother cook for me again.

She wanted to serve us cheese and crackers first. The cheese was dried and cracked with mold all over. For the main course, she prepared chicken Parmesan. Her idea of chicken Parmesan was putting a bone-in, skin-on chicken breast under a big pile of spaghetti and canned sauce. She was a wonderful woman, but certainly not a cook.

Were they very poor?

Nope. Upper middle class on the east coast of the US, totally normal people. The mother just had no knack for cooking.

I did eat at my poor friend's house once. His mother served buttered egg bagels with spaghetti and I never ate there again either.

As someone who's not a picky eater at all, these kind of problems baffle me.

In my experiance people (at least in the us) tend to not be bothered by people not liking their food. Its a big and diverse country and most people understand that.
Tl'dr, people respect honesty (at least in the US)

>uses fruit juice in place of wine

Thats cute. At least you tried. Id fuck you just for making the effort.

I have a colleague who likes honesty too. He told the mother of a girl he was seeing that he didn't like her food, but that he didn't fault her, because she didn't yet know what he liked.

It worked out perfectly.

As in, he now still lives with his parents at 35.

Not being able to cook and serving people moldy crackers are 2 very different things.

Sorry, i forgot to clarify. Dont be a fucking autistic dick hole about it. Also, hes better off. Sounds like a pretty fucked family.

Oh yeah, i ment to ask. What ethnicity was the family?

There is always one food you'll never eat; unless you doing a TV show.

>lives with parents at 35
>because he was honest about food preference

Riiiiight

Nah, they're the ones that are better off. The guy is not only truly autistic and mentally 12 years old, he also has a ridiculous high opinion of himself. She's better off even if she got an unemployed negro.

Everyone is white in this story, sir. Unless you consider the bald redhead autist a race of its own.

Well, I think she had no aptitude for hospitality and probably didn't even realize the cheese wasn't good. I think it had more to do with absentmindedness than anything else. Or maybe her family just ate around the mold and I'm a big pussy, who knows

Sometimes I forget this place needs some autist translations too.

It was an example of how he generally behaves and why people end up disliking him (including me). If you consider it normal however, you might prepare yourself for ending up in a similar circumstance as he is right now.

>they serve you a huge pile of plain boiled peas

A surprising amount of people hate peas, my Dad included

I wounder why?

True, I ended up declining eating a handful of mealworms, although I always thought I'd probably eat them. Once they're wriggling in your hands it's another story.

I think nobody would seriously serve me that and expect me to be happy about it though.

I like them in casseroles and soups but not on their own without any kind of sauce or gravy.

>I wounder why?
I suspect because they're never had properly cooked peas.

In my experience they're nearly always overcooked and rarely seasoned well.

they taste like what ladybug's smell like

its gross

>they serve you a huge pile of boiled peas slathered with vegetable shortening.

Plain peas are fine.

Sounds like you've only had them undercooked and/or unseasoned.

I've never had peas not served family style where the bowl gets passed along. Just don't eat the peas. Or ask for butter and salt you toddler.

Maybe they were nouveaux riches and didn't understand the difference between cheese that is blue and cheese that is spoiled