Literally what the fuck is this?

Literally what the fuck is this?

My mother found it in an old school and brought it home.

It says "Physica" on it and its made in Germany.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing
tubecollection.de/ura/geissler.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry for it behind rotated.

This thing is made out of glass and the yellow shit is some unknown liquid.

This is technology

The wheel on the right doesnt do anything when its spun and the fucker weighs almost nothing at all.

I have no idea what this thing is.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

I think it was used in some science experiments, since it was found in a school.

Eh, this isn't for /g/ either.
Shit like this should go to

reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing
this place is pretty quick at finding stuff and this item is bizarre enough to get a lot of attention imo

>unironically linking to plebbit

It's the current year

This photo suggests an electrical current is passed between the ends via a clear liquid. Some ohmic heating is to be expected and it seems the yellow liquid is there to absorb the heat. The gas (air ?) bubble allows the incompressible liquid to expand without cracking the glass.

Any info on the electrical parts?

it looks like one of those electrochemical cells for electrolysis or water with ions

>Any info on the electrical parts?
its pretty much just a handcracked wheel, that rotates a rod under the black plastic.

At the front and back of the black plastic box theres also an input socket that directs electricity to each other and to the left brass part that holds the metallic cylinder just above the black box. Its just a simple wire connected from the input socket, to the screw that holds the brass part, and back to the other input socket on the other side.

The hand cranked wheel is supposed to spin the cylinder with a belt thats missing.

I'm guessing there's supposed to be something to connect the clear plastic and metallic cylinders somehow.

The tube at the top might not be where its supposed to be. Its put there with double sided tape and im guessing someone just put it there because they thought it looked good.

WIth that said i cant say for sure the tubes have anything to do with the machine itself, but since there seem to be a lot of missing parts its really hard to tell.

The brand is Ph Physica btw and i have not been able to find a single mention of the company online. Although i found an identical tube on this site: tubecollection.de/ura/geissler.htm

>thinking "ironic" means "facetious"

>It says "Physica" on it and its made in Germany.

Finally, we have found The Physics itself

enjoy your noble price

OP can you take a photo without being retarded?

Maybe its some kind of van der graaf generator and the static generated can light those tube things.

Thats exactly what it is. Good job!

It as the same metal scraper thingies.

The only question now is how it connects to the Geissler tubes.

fucking jesus fuck can you PLEASE rotate the picture before you post it? it takes 2 seconds

See if static can light up those tubes. Try putting them near one of those crt tv screens in the dark (after you've turned it on and off) to see if they light up a little.

Look at that ugly inbreed of a child.

I'm going to take a guess at a lamp that allows the study of absorption spectra. The filament in the curly part lights up, the liquid is a known substance, and you study the spectrum.

its definitely a van der graaf generator, it just lacks the charge generating conveyor belt which runs between the 2 drums

It looks like a high voltage arc lamp, or neon lamp. I don't know why there is oil around the tube where the arc/plasma is drawn, but nothing there to cool the electrodes...

Its a time machine

i will pay you $10000 to send it to me.
reply with an email to this please so i can talk to you about how we go about this.

How a bout a static-electricity lamp? The van der graaf generator supplies the power.

What's throwing me is why the two tubes.