Dude i ended philosophy bro

>dude i ended philosophy bro
>bu..buttt... you have to do this new kind of thinking that totally doesn't fall under the definition of philosophy
Was he a hack?

The end of philosophy is to make philosophy irrelevant. To move on, so to speak. So no, to answer this specific critique, he was not a hack.

every philosopher believes they have ended philosophy

he wasnt a hack, he opened western philosophy to the academic study of being. its a large topic in philosophy but not the end of it

also did he really claim to end philosophy? iirc he characterized his work more as "thinking" and as a point of beginning rather than ending, am i wrong

Mamma mia is a my least favorite thing in existence

He didn't believe that he ended philosophy. H believes that Hegel ended philosophy by ontologizing the entire western tradition. Nietzsche wrote the eulogy to philosophy's death.

How could he have solved philosophy if im still thinking about shit
Check mate

Philosophy ends with the end of self consciousness. Until then it exists

No, he was a nazi, briefly-

You misunderstand Heidegger, he does not want to end philosophical inquiry per se. He engages in the project of the destruction of the tradition of ontotheological metaphysics to make way for philosophy as 'denken' itself. In other words, he wants to make a new beginning for philosophy where we don't fall in the pitfalls of the tradition (and the only way to do it is also to critically engage the tradition as the 'erfahrung' of thinking). He wants to make real philosophy possible.

Real philosophy being medieval German mysticism a la Meister Eckhart and Jakob Boheme, plus Nazism

He ended Cartesian Objects as an ontological theory.

He was a nazi until his death.

So basically Heidegger's thought was that philosophy totally neglects authentic study/discussion of being, whereas mysticism and I guess religious systems at least get closer to an authentic study?

I wonder what Heidegger thought of Jung or would have thought of Lacan

>whereas mysticism and I guess religious systems at least get closer to an authentic study?

Perhaps, but also art and literature specifically poetry.

He loved Hölderlin, and thought he grasped Being in his poetry.

I've not even attempted reading Heidegger but feel I have a dim understanding of what his though is. Where should I start? I guess I'll read some basic stuff on the rest of the canon first though lol

Real philosophy being Heraclitus and Parmenides
He met Lacan. There's a book called Heidegger in France. I'm surprised this pic isn't memed on Veeky Forums

I suggest the following:

Read Parmenides, read Descartes' Meditations, read Tao Te Ching and Nietzsche, specifically On the Genealogy of Morals.

After that you should have the knowledge required to read Being and Time. Beware though, Being and Time might seem incomprehensible the first time you read it, so you might have to try a couple of times.

Also, it might be a good idea to read Heidegger's essay "What is Metaphysics?" before you read Being and Time.

Cheers guys
I can't wait to have a proper understanding of being

>So basically Heidegger's thought was that philosophy totally neglects authentic study/discussion of being, whereas mysticism and I guess religious systems at least get closer to an authentic study?

Heideggers point is that Dasein is always dwelling in language, that is, we can never step out of it and only understand to the extent that we have been appropriated by it. Furthermore, the language we use is (or tends to at least) in its very usage concealing moreso than revealing. (The discussion of the aletheia concept in Was ist Metaphysik? is great in this regard). Heidegger wants to treat the history of ontology in the western philosophical to make way for a new beginning for thinking (a lingual activity), a way where we don't forcefully and unreflectually try to master the world technical-lingual appropriation, but where we can let beings uncover themselves in their being. This for Heidegger (esp. late era) of course means a new form of less restrictive/dominating use of language and form. (Btw a project that has many commonalities with the thought of Benjamin, eg the work on German Trauerspiel).

This does NOT mean that Heidegger wants to return to pure mysticism. But he is interested in the early metaphysics of the pre-socratics, the christian mysticism of eckehart and the poetry of Hölderlin for the same reasons; their form and language deals with beings in a way that for Heidegger seems to be more sensitive to letting beings dwell in their being, and he studies them in depth to uncover the crucial aspects of this less restrictive lingual practice with hopes that it can help RENEW philosophy. (Agamben was also very inspired by this in some of his early stuff on the prosaic 'form' of philosophy). I think it is a bad misreading of Heidegger to say that he wants to end all academic inquiry and leave it for mysticism or poetry - but he thinks that a critical project of engaging with the philosophical tradition, to understand its limitations, and a radical re-thinking of the way we engage philosophical questioning is absolutely crucial in order to save philosophy - what Heidegger calls 'denken' or thinking.

As for his nazism and how post-heideggerians should deal with and engage this problematic part of his legacy - see Nancy's great recent essay.

Unreflectively*

>H believes that Hegel ended philosophy

Into le trash he goes.

why are germans so cool?

They aren't.

>normal economics
Concerned with dividing the different facets of terms defined by Smith differently
>german economics
WE MUST OVERTHROW THE REGIME! CREATE A SYSTEM WITH REVOLUTION LITERALLY INTERWOVEN WITHIN THE DNA

>normal philosophy
We must find a way to either justify the existence of a phenomenon of the spirit or move towards materialism. We should define ethics according to the systemic pressures and morality that currently exists. We should determine who is successful by how well they develop their thoughts
>German philosophy
JEWS ARE INFERIOR WAHHHH WOMEN SUCK WAHHHHH I WANT MY BABY BOTTLE, BABY BENIS GO IN MOME

>They aren't.

The rest of your post contradicts this statement.

>Was he a hack?

Ultimately, yes.

>Real philosophy being Heraclitus and Parmenides

Dude, all of bad philosophy is founded upon a Thing; good philosophy is founded upon a Nothing.

Whew! Heidegger deconstruction of metaphysics is just some edgy "I'm atheist, but still spiritual" dude trying to tip his fedora all over western culture.

Heidegger was the Sam Harris of his time.

haha lacan looks so energetic and happy, like a young Rick Moranis

not a hack, just overconfident

Heidegger kitsch

The "literary" equivalent of an MS paint comic, written by either a self hating German or a fourth generation Auschwitz survivor, probably the former.