Books to overcome misanthropy...

Books to overcome misanthropy? I keep coming back to the fact that I want nothing from people but distance as something fundamental in my debate on killing myself and have decided to tackle it in earnest.

And before anyone says the N-word, I've already read Nietzsche, and cannot find his described will to affirm life when all earthly endeavors seem tainted, hollow, and vulgar to me, and all endeavors likewise seem inexorably earthly (human). I thought he was supposed to be some grand refutation of nihilism but I don't see it at all. He's half a determinist and seems to simply condemn all the swathes of people that don't fall into his uber potentate camp, of which I seemingly number, but at the same time there's no place for me among the detested collectivism of the 'meek' either. And if you allow me one more preempt, I value your thoughts as I do my own, it doesn't preclude disliking both, it's no contradiction but yet another constraint.

I appreciate all responses.

If you really are suicidal, play a sport you'll enjoy, see a psychologist, try and get yourself outdoors as much as possible. Try meditation/mindfulness. Philosophy really won't help much.

"Mindfulness in Plain English" is a good intro to meditation without all the religious stuff. It's simple and a quick read, although the author does make some questionable claims, the suggestions and instructions on how to meditate are very good.

Nietzsche doesn't want you to overcome misanthropy. You're reading the wrong books.

I don't see how else an amor fati is possible. It is a human fate, a human struggle to be embraced, the the transformation of the eternal recurrence from '“das schwerste gewicht' to a thing to be rejoiced and gladly lived again and again is very fundamentally a love of humanity. This in no way means an acceptance of its baser elements, in fact these are among those struggles to be welcomed (loved).

yeah this

honestly op this is the best advice you're going to get. you're never going to read your way to happiness

whether you take your suffering seriously enough to endure the pain that comes with trying to improve is entirely up to you, but there's no other answer for a fulfilling life

"Justine" by De Sade. really opened my eyes. he was such a kind, sweet man, and such a beautiful writer.

Don't take offense to this because many people-myself included, fall into the trap you speak of. You say all earthly endeavors seem tainted and hollow to you. To me this sounds like you are seeing things in black and white. For example, you might say that true love or altruism doesn't exist because we always have ulterior motives. I had a friend who like to make a big deal out of giving homeless people food. He obviously did it to make him look better, but does that mean what he did still wasn't good? Look at the reverse for clarity. Say I have to kill a child to save three children. Does that make killing the child good? No.

Good and evil don't cancel each other out like positive and negative. The point is, just because I love someone for having a fat ass and being able to make me laugh doesn't mean my love is selfish. Would you rather I loved someone for no reason other than them being them? It makes no sense.

The selfishness of the world makes the good. Like bad is always to try to make good. I don't mean to sound like a hippie here but sometimes they get a little close to something that is true.

What the fuck are you talking about.

Long posts here guys. Can I get a tldr

if you're bored stop being boring

Have you considered finding a Wife and starting a family ? I think that is practically the only thing that will likely give you tangible reason to live.

Holy shit it's Stannis the Mannis Baratheon

that's what I thought, but I don't think so anymore. nobody will want to date you if you're looking for dating them to give your life meaning

you have to get a job you like first and just be happy.

it sucks but its true

>fundamentally hate people
>you should go out and meet people

This, it's your habits/hormones/diet that determine your mood, and your mood determines your outlook. Reality is literally subjectively filtered through your mood, you can't actually use logic and think your way out of this one I'm afraid.

>fundamentally scared of spiders
>"avoid them at all cost!"

And before you miserstand my conflation of hate and fear, the only way he's going to be inspired by and see the appeal in others is by being immersed in them and discovering what, is anything, he can appreciate about them.

You're literally suggesting that a misanthrope should avoid people to get over his misanthropy

Nowhere in that post did it explicitly suggest to go out and meet people.

Nice comprehension skills.

>i want to kill myself
>but before I do ill post on Veeky Forums
Yeah, right.

>>fundamentally hate people
This is just you being an autist

>You're literally suggesting that a misanthrope should avoid people to get over his misanthropy
The OP is seeking a dispassionate logic as to why people are not deserving of hate. Interacting with them seems like the worst idea given it's the cause of the problem to begin with.

You really don't get it? I'm saying just because people always do things ultimately for themselves, doesn't mean it cancels out the good deeds they do to achieve their goal. Your perspective is too zoomed out if you think so. Thinking like that is the reason why nihilists believe there is no meaning because eventually everything will be forgotten anyway.

Nietzsche was a crazy, insecure faggot. Before you read any author's works, you should read their bio.

Not a book, but volunteer. Do nice things for people and you'll come to like them more. Don't ask me why it works, it just does. Try volunteering at an old folk's home or as a youth mentor to disadvantaged teens, something where you work with the same people over and over and get familiar.