Berserk is the only good manga. What is some lit I can read that gives me a similar feel...

Berserk is the only good manga. What is some lit I can read that gives me a similar feel. I can only think of Cormac McCarthy and William T. Vollmann.

>Berserk is the only good manga
Lone Wolf and Cub was pretty good.

Hokuto No Ken was pretty good.

NGE mango is pretty good too.

Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun reminds me immensely of Berserk.

20th Century Boys is also OK

Berserk and Kekyou'lljustmakefunofmefuckoff are my favorite manga. Vollman is nothing like it. Wolf's BotNS is a good rec.

Saiyuki is pretty great. Fuckin' fight me.
But seriously, is there something besides Journey to the West that's similar? Because I've already read it.

Goethe's Faust 1&2 - Diabolical contracts, superb meditations on mankind's tragic spirit, large scale wars ruining humble folks' homes, mythical creatures, metaphysical realms, and a lot more than that.

Gotz von Berlichingen, by Goethe - Featuring a byronic knight with a metal hand. Probably influenced Berserk, but the author denied it. Don't trust author's opinions on their own work.

Book of the New Sun - Probably the greatest and finest dark-themed (science-) fantasy out there, but the literary value compared to Berserk is multiple levels higher. Might be bewildering for people who read mostly manga or short novels.

Sapkowski - The Last Wish. The Witcher video games are based on this.

The Black Company - Team dynamics, high magic, and sexually frustrated males hilariously fighting awkwardly out of stupid one-upmanship.

Conan the Barbarian - I don't exactly love this series because of the author's narcissism, but A Witch Shall be Born is one of the most metal things I've ever read.

Nibelungenlied - Not dark fantasy per se, but its aesthetic has an understated influence on modern fantasy, especially of the brooding German variety.

Me - My diary desu

You hacks are missing the point of what the op posted by restricting this to surface level genre guidelines. Considers themes and not Barnes and Noble shelf labels you autists.

half of what i listed isn't genre fiction you puckish sprite

Go play your Warhammer 200 video game and leave the adult talk to us.

fuck off to anime with your gay hentai tentacle comics REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>posting pic of cute doggy

die, filthy degenerate

The Broken Empire Trilogy by Mark Lawrence

I said "fuck it,I'm going to buy it"
I hope it's good

Not op but this list is p good

Nausicaa is the best manga. Berserk is nice pulp eye candy but it doesn't come even close.

Nah, Children of the Sea is great, Otoyomoegatari is great, Ran and the Grey World is great, Dorohedoro is great, and Dungeon Meshi, despite nominally being a generic fantasy, has been consistently greater than it should have any right to be. Dead Dead Demons Dedede De Destruction is pretty okay too, though it's kind of lost a lot of it's flavor recently.
None of them are edgy or pulpish enough for you, but they do bring in the eye candy.

read Painted Bird or Hogg, if you want some edgy rape fest like berserk.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is the best manga.

Um, you're all morons. Mad Love Chase is the best manga, hands down.

That a funny way to spell Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa.

Awful

autism speaks

Define "good"

>babbys first edgy manga

and yet, you're not saying anything

All posted here are just pulps. You're rating it way higher because it appears to be exotic to you, and that no one else around has read it.

Pseuds.

Vagabond, Berserk, and Monster are the only good manga.

Nah, see:

>Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is the best manga.

This.

There's some very on-point suggestions in the thread though. But YKK is the thing.

You haven't read anything posted in the thread if you think that.
Actually, I'd wager you haven't read anything at all within the last month.

If he's referring to the manga, he's not wrong. There's nothing in manga that hasn't been explored better in regular literature.

YKK, 20 C Boys, and Berserk are among the best manga for their respective genres.

How does:
>All posted here are just pulps. You're rating it way higher because it appears to be exotic to you, and that no one else around has read it.
Translate to:
>There's nothing in manga that hasn't been explored better in regular literature.
In that pea sized and presumptuous mind of yours?

Also, 20th century boys is shit and berserk is mediocre post golden-arc, so people calling them the best should really hold off from making fuck yuge generalizations until they've read more than five manga.

Probably because I don't project possessing a pea sized brain like you do, and instead procure an objective perspective of the pertinent prospects.

Like the other user said, you should probably read more, and maybe you wouldn't make such stupid statements. If you dropped dead nobody would mind that either.

>Muh projection
Read more cuck, and maybe start with the thread you're posting in.

He btfo you out man. You can't tell him to read when he's obviously wittier and smarter than you.

People died waiting for them to get off that fucking boat, and all we got was more moe witch bullshit. Goddamn. How fucked up is that? Imagine you're some japanese otaku who has been following Berserk since the start, you fucking die and go to Japanese heaven or whatever, you're looking down like "Well, least I can still see if they got off that fucking boat" and its more goddamn moe witch bullshit instead of faggot monster killing action. Fuck

Here's another (you)

Huh?

he thinks you're trolling

there's a running joke in the /sffg/ about people who ask for literature like dark souls. it's considered the plebbiest of questions since dark souls is the naruto of modern video games

I'm not trolling. I've tried trolling in the past but I've never understood the pleasure.

I didn't think you were trolling but Berserk is far from being the best manga.

>dark souls is the naruto of modern video games
What a hellhole this place this.
>far from
Not a fucking chance.

I recommend vagabond if you liked berserk, I haven't read it myself but the artwork is incredible
HnK is literarature (unironically)

>not liking Conan because Howard is narcissistic
What m8?

Berserk is literally the only manga worth reading.

>the only good manga
>give me a similar F E E L

This is your problem pleb. You read to feel, not to think.

Titus groan

feel my dick

>Berserk is the only good manga.
Wrong. It approaches decency in the Golden Age arc and becomes fantasy drivel afterward. With that said, no manga are of any literary value whatsoever compared to the Western Canon. Stop wasting your time on it.

Again, feeling is your area of expertise pleb, not mine.