How does Veeky Forums annotate non-fiction? Is there a way to annotate physical books in a clean and editable way?

How does Veeky Forums annotate non-fiction? Is there a way to annotate physical books in a clean and editable way?

Also, don't recommend kindle

Other urls found in this thread:

chuma.cas.usf.edu/~pinsky/mark_a_book.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just write on the sides bro

underline + assorted marginalia.

i don't really annotate.

>Condition: Used, like new

I annotate words I don't know. That's about 2 words total a 3000 page book. Your photo is a gross exaggeration.

I also use invisible ink and annotate with light dots not words

Start a spreadsheet.

Get an ereader you fucking cuck

I have one I read fiction on the train with it, but the highlight feature isn't engaging and I 100% won't look back on the notes I make with it

>calling someone else a cuck
>while also telling them to get an e-reader in the same sentence

haha

>I also use invisible ink and annotate with light dots not words

Autism.

Oh didn't realise you were talking to the invisible ink guy.

There's an in-built dictionary on kindles

You won't remember the word later if you just look it up by using the kindle.

Good luck reading The Tunnel.

chuma.cas.usf.edu/~pinsky/mark_a_book.htm

I mark according to this.

kek

Use a software called okular or have a notebook for every book.

>Your photo is a gross exaggeration.

TFW

mac preview app can highlight and has some good note-taking features for pdfs

I take pictures of the pages with my iphone and put it on facebook with a paragraph analyzing it, everyone from my liberal arts college thinks im a genius

I honestly don't get it. Why not write notes in a notebook?

I underline and highlight. I do it to fiction too, don't get your distinction between the two wrt. marking them.

Because then you have to read "2 books" when you are reading through whatever you decided to write about to in your notebook. Now I can just stare at the shit I made to the actual book.

>Sticky flags
Small plastic strips with adhesive
Easy to put, easy to remove
Use different colors to mark chapters, quotes, character moments, etc.
Gives your book a nice colorful look

r8 it m8s

>destroying books

>use an ereader

>faulty highlighting systems which take 10 attempts to capture a single selection
>be off by a single letter and have to redo the entire thing
>takes 10 more seconds to edit selection boundaries
>doesn't look up words followed by punctuation or hyphens

ereaders are hell for time

What the fuck.

I read from phone and it just werks. Adobe Reader for PDFs and the highlighting works without an issue, and either Lithium or some other for epubs.

I usually underline major points or bizarre statements and write interesting terms / short thoughts in the margins
the only book that's ended up really clustered like the OP image is Being and Time, and I think that's just because it's so rich (i.e., content-dense)

I use small post-its with key words and underline with an aluminium ruler, write longer, numbered notes with the relevant page or chapter in a document. Sometimes I leave larger piece of paper with some notes on them.

pls use pencil

>fiction