Stoicism cannot be justified. It's a meme philosophy for the weak and fearful

Stoicism cannot be justified. It's a meme philosophy for the weak and fearful.

E D G Y

D

G

Y

average day for op
>be awoken by the sound of cars
>crawl out of reclycling bin
>look for a Buddhist temple to worship my slave/whore ancestors
>get punished by temple shaman for not murdering muslims
>fight back and kill him in a single blow as he has fasting for many moons
>get thrown in slave galley
>die fighting orthodox christian for my horse-shit ration

I'm mildly interested in your position (if you have one).

Go on. What do you mean 'meme' philosophy?

True. Christianity is the answer.

My guess is he thinks Stoicism is the resignation from desire and feeling, rather than the attempted conscious control of it.

>Stoicism cannot be justified.

well this is true

but what is also true is that it has no need to be justified

if you become a stoic and it truly helps you cope with the pain of being alive that is all the justification you will need

Lol pretty easy to be a stoic when you on that pop-pop

Stoicism is the conscious control of your thought processes, which takes a great deal of commitment, dedication and strength.

Tell that to poor, white Americans.

Stoicism is unnatural. Humans are emotional beings.

B A I T
A
I
T

>when wife is having Jamal over again but you're happy, because your stoic force field protects you from bad feelings

>muh naturalist fallacy
Stoicism isn't about the abolition of feeling, it's about learning to control them in order to exercise your will. There's no implication inherent that says your will is a cold and unfeeling one.

For example, one can will oneself to be a kind being by recognizing unkind thoughts and choosing not to allow them control over one's being. The stoic process is at the base of pretty much every significant human achievement.

hi femanon

He was a ruler (maybe for over a decade?) of one of the greatest and most powerful 'nations'/republics to ever live, maybe his advice was not for you?

>Stoicism cannot be justified. It's a meme philosophy for the weak and fearful.

If the weak and fearful adopted any kind of philosophy they wouldn't be either.

I have some opiate addled friends. Tbh if they could have reliable doses and purity most of them would be much more than functional

His life of being rich and powerful must've been really fucking hard, he couldn't get through it without stoic magic

Are you just baiting for me to say that mr slave Epictetus wrote the Enchiridion? Because it worked.

I love how you equated stoicism to quietism senpai

>OP
>Huge fucking idiot
>Directly implies dat boi Aurelius is weak and fearful

oh the ironing.

I wish I had my copy of meditations with me but a) Marcus drew from multiple philosophical traditions, primarily stoicism but not exclusively
and b) Stoicism doesn't mean accepting any possible shitty thing and doing nothing and 'nt having feelings.' It reveals that you haven't read or understood stoicism's finer points.

>you haven't read or understood stoicism's finer points.

He was just offering bait to make self-professed Stoics get butthurt in order to expose their hypocrisy.

I have some idea as to why he might do this. He himself is probably incapable of making any worthwhile stoic progress, which wounds his ego. In order to redress his feelings of inadequacy he wants to make others stumble and fail so that he can feel better about himself.