Wine doesn't fucking pair with food. It's just a bunch of assholes passing on this meme

Wine doesn't fucking pair with food. It's just a bunch of assholes passing on this meme.

Wine is good for cooking with food, but it completely overpowers food, brings nothing to it.

Drinks that actually goes with food rather than get in its way:

Lager beer
Tea
Ice water
Lemon water

i can drink a mild white wine with some dishes, but not red. it tastes like sour grapes. not good. not good.

Yep. The truth is, people like getting a good buzz while having a meal with others. Beer is too slow and bloating and liquor would likely turn into a bad time too quick

A lot of people equate "feeling full" with a good meal. The more of a full feeling you get, the better the meal. That's why beer with food is so popular amongst people with bad taste.

>this asshole has never done wine and cheese tastings.

You don't even KNOW, child.

I agree. I like wine, but I rather not mix it with food.

I always figured the idea is that having something 'bitter' like some wines works to stimulate your appetite, and then the specific pairings are down to what flavour compounds wines and meals have in common.

Knowing the theory, I still don't particularly enjoy wine with food though.

Wine is pretty overrated in general. That's not to say its BAD, but the amount of wankery that goes into wine culture is just absurd.

The reason wine gets paired with food over the things you mentioned is because of history. A few thousand years ago you had wine or dirty water to drink. So you drank wine.

Honestly drinking and eating dont go hand and hand .... drinking water 30+ minutes prior to eating is alright

Drinking anything while eating disturbs the digestion process

port with chocolate desserts is amazing.

Any kind of beer is just as bad.

>being this retarded unironically

Wine pairs especially well in tomato based dishes actually.

A crisp, light ale pairs amazingly well with salty or fried foods

I've had people tell me similar things about wine. I just don't feel it.

get a fucking port wine, and a nice steak n tates n tell me that shit dont pair well

>port wine

Sickly sweet muck. Blecchh! Just add a cup of HFCS to some grape juice, shartboy.

why are wine threads always populated with the sort of sub-human garbage that should be posting in the /sip/ threads?

> fags trying to justify their bad taste

>coca cola

>justifying your alcoholism under the guise of being cultured

I gave up on having a serious discussion about wine years ago, I just shitpost now and pretend to be a mouth-breather

Am Italian.

Here's the secret to drinking wine with meals. We drink it watered down with something. Wine watered down with soda is the normal (thrashy) way to do it but you can also use juice or tonic water or whatever.

This is always how my family did it.

Oh I guess all the top Michelin stared restaurants can let go of their highly trained sommeliers now. Finally some fat flyover on an anonymous Sri Lankian flute carving forum was brave enough to call them out on this practice that has been done for millennia and that is widely agrred upon to be culturally sound.
Hang yourself.

That's how it's been done since wine was invented

>michelin sommelier
>customer asks, what do you recommend I pair with this dish?
>configure a haughty expression with raised eyebrows and downturned mouth while taking a deep breath.
>open what appears to be a leatherbound folder of the exclusive list but contains a xeroxed copy of the overstocked wines that aren't moving.
>well, monsieur, I must recommend the Marquis Nevaut Rien Estate 1998. A perfect compliment.
>customer tells trophy date wow, did you here that guy? He really knows wine! See, I told you this place was where it's at!

you put a lot of energy into that, have a (You)

>a lot of effort

Not really. 2 minutes typing on a cellphone. Did you like the "ne vaut rien" touch?

>t. Guy who thinks Olive Garden is fine dining.

>olive garden

Never been there. I ate fast food when I was in college, never sitdown shit. I don't eat out nowadays at all, but in the past I did visit a couple of tire restaurants. You've gathered I wasn't impressed and your butthurt is palpable. Appreciate the assblasting I gave you. Your nouveau riche customer will likely make it feel all better by morning.

>Has never had foie gras and sauternes.

>admittedly has no idea about good food and never goes out since flyover
>yet autistically shitposts about some imagined restaurant experience with snobby waiters
>gets btfo multiple times in the comments
>U le Mad xD.

kys

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man

Whoever made this is clearly biased by their preference for brown ale.

Foie with tokaji or trockenbeerenauslese = interdimensional tasting.

Gesundheit.

You get it, D'Yquem with seared foie and brioche, I literally almost fried. I had a Dr. Loosen Spatlese with a chicken liver pate the other day and it was tits.

+1

>unironically drinking sweet wines
>this is where "tolerance" has brought us
Grow a pair, faggots

>I wear velcro shoes and post in /sip/ threads

After a careful palpating of your rectal regions the diagnosis is a case of critical butthurt due to severe assblasting. Suggest an immediate cessation of promotion of absurd notions of knowledgeable "sommeliers" at tire store restaurants. In addition, since you're easily conned by status hype, my fee will be $5000 US shekels. Cash only.

quit being an edgy faggot. Liking a dessert wine doesn't make you a fag. You act like I don't eat rare steaks and fuck my white girlfriend in the butt.

>eating something as rich as foie with a fucking dessert wine.

>unironically showing off your shit taste in whiskey and polymer pistols
what's it like being such a basic bitch?

>spot the yank

you're a Romanian gipsi though.

>downing sapporos while grilling cow hearts, tongues and intestines at an all you can eat kbbq
>drinking a glass of spanish white along with 5 scallops for 45 bones
wine isnt bad but theres just better options. the only foods it pairs well with are memes anyhow

stop being an ignorant nigger, its a classical pairing. Don't knock it till you try it, and when you do slap your self in the nuts so you remember how fucking stupid you are.

Beer flavours are much more varied than wine making them preferable to pairing with both savory and sweet food. Some beers boost flavours others compliment and others contrast but all do it so much better than wine.

>I've only had parkerized mass-market wines
See? Less typing, and same point

>Wine doesn't fucking pair with food
>passing on this meme
>Some drinks do tho
>Tea
Do the dinosaur shaped tendies pair best with tea?

>watered down
>watered
>water
>Let's use soda.

Seriously, watering wine or not has been a Italian vs. France thing since it was called the Roman Empire vs. the Gaul, but don't use soda you Americanised idiot.

>Nevaut Rien
hon hon hon

Tire manufacturer, not tire store.

Literally nothing better than a rare steak and a bold red wine

>T. Only tried boxed wine

For the most part you're right, the only time I drink wine with food is when I cook Italian dishes and I drink while cooking and finish off whatever I have left while eating, it doesn't blend, but you get used to it

Soda water is a thing.

Wow look at this cunt who doesn't enjoy mixing his expensive wine with a iced cold Coka-Cola

>Wine doesn't fucking pair with food.
Maybe not food in general, but certainly when it comes to cuisines that grew up in places where people commonly drank wine with meals it pairs very well. But it really depends on the cuisine.

Wine is not so good with a lot of Asian cuisines. It's tough to match the flavors of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, SEA and South Asian food. Beer is usually a much better match for these cuisines.

Whether or not wine pairs well with food really depends on what you're eating.