Which periodic elements could a human drink in liquid form without dying?

Which periodic elements could a human drink in liquid form without dying?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/health/9594000/Warning-over-liquid-nitrogen-drinks-after-girl-loses-stomach.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any in a small enough quantity

Any liquid you drink besides water is poison, but won't necessarily kill you. Stay well under the LD50 and you'll probably survive. Anything emitting alpha particles stay away from though.

Liquid nitrogen and similair inert undercooled gasses you could probably drink a cup of if you drink slow enough.

calcium, aka what makes milk

Not true. After a certain size, it stops qualifying as "drinking"

gallium can be liquid at a temperature safe for human consumption, and the wiki page said elemental gallium is non toxic, however it said compounds of gallium are toxic, so those will prob form at some point in your body and if you drink enough you could become the silver surfer

also theres colloidal silver and prob gold if you made it yourself, but idk how much you can drink before it makes you sick

Most elements aren't liquid anywhere near room temperature, so that's a strike against them already. Drinking a cryogenic liquid or molten metal is unhealthy regardless of toxicity.

That narrows it down to these elements, which are liquid at temperatures which don't harm the human body.

>Mercury (-39°C)
>Bromine (-7°C)
>Francium (27°C)
>Cesium (29°C)
>Gallium (30°C)
>Rubidium (39°C)
>Phosphorus (44°C)
>Potassium (64°C)

Mercury is famously toxic so that's out.

Elemental bromine causes chemical burns to skin and tissues.

Potassium, Rubidium, Cesium, and Francium are of course alkali metals, and extremely reactive with water when molten.

Molten phosphorus causes chemical burns and is extremely toxic, in addition to being pyrophoric.

That leaves only gallium.

Elemental gallium is relatively nontoxic, but still not good for you. Drinking a spoonful probably wouldn't make you sick, but I wouldn't really reccomend it.

we got our answer, we can go home now

Milk is poisonous? Coffee? OJ? Get a load of this fagget.

>what is acute water intoxication

>milk
95% water. Everything else is solids that are dissolved into the water
>coffee
98% water. Everything else is solids that are dissolved into the water
>OJ
88% water. Everything else is solids that are dissolved into the water

See a pattern here?

By your logic you should be able to drink a bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide because is 97% water.

And? It's still milk. It's still a liquid. It's still not water because water doesn't have solids dissolved in it. If it did then it wouldn't be "solids that are dissolved into water", it'd just be water.

Wtf are you fagging on about

What I said is as abundantly clear as the fact that water also has a LD50. Try pushing your failed gotchas somewhere else.

some oils are liquid at room temperature so no

You can drink water without dying.

>Milk
>Element

Is this how David Blaine gets his new material for his new stunts?

Is that you, David?

Hydrogen peroxixe
97% water
3% non-water (poison)

holy shit what a dumb animeposter

bleach

Do you regularly drink crisco fatty?

>Drinking a cryogenic liquid or molten metal is unhealthy regardless of toxicity.
Depends on thermal diffusivity. I doubt there exists a metal with a low enough one though.

i dont know if you could really call that drinking. they'll expand basically immediately in your mouth and throat and probably will perforate your esophagus

What about any drink that isn't water based that won't kill you. Pure elements too restrictive. Tiny amounts of pure alcohol?

>Mercury is famously toxic
Sure, if you breathe fumes or are exposed to organic derivatives. Elemental mercury is much safer. You could drink a small amount once or twice and not have too many lasting consequences. It used to be used as a laxative.

not dying is the easy part. drinking is the hard part. remain in liquid form from mouth to stomach???????

You can take a big swig of elemental mercury and survive okay. There may be effects way down the road, but you will absorb almost none of it and eliminate the rest. Same probably goes for gallium, but I've never gotten into an argument about that so I'm not sure.

What would Gallium taste like?

Any cooking oil then, it wouldn't be pleasant but nothing is stopping you from drinking some

Gallium

I drink olive oil all the time tho

We get it; you vape.

>dissolved

Wow, retard!

holding in mouth =/= drinking

Nah, drinking a condensed gas would still be a bad idea because it would expand in your stomach.

nice bait, you really got people going

telegraph.co.uk/news/health/9594000/Warning-over-liquid-nitrogen-drinks-after-girl-loses-stomach.html

only two elements are liquid at room temperature, and they will both kill you.

Drinking elemental mercury is actually pretty safe, assuming you don't have a wound in your GI tract.