How do monkeys process thoughts without a written language?

Literally, what even goes on in their heads?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_language
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you think about it (ironically), most of your actions and thinking aren't mediated by explicit use of language. On the otherhand, maybe not using language is suggestive of their lesser intelligence.

probably not that different from a mute & illiterate person, just imagine what your thought process would be like if you didn't read or write anything or speak with anyone

syntax doesn't need a written language
oogh agh oogh grraagh

I can't imagine that at all.

we dont really think in written language. it's more like subtitles in a movie. you are basically describing your own thoughts.

Imagine playing a very fast paced video game.

You run around at breakneck speed, dodging enemy gunfire whilst killing people. You're in the zone, in a state of zen like flow. All of the decisions you are making, are split second and instinctive.

You aren't sitting there thinking "Quick! You have 0.6 seconds to turn left before that vague silhouette of a person headshots you with what could potentially be a sniper rifle!".

You simply don't have the time to say a sentence to yourself, in your own head. How would you even think of what the sentence should be? There is a thought, then you map words onto it after the thought has formed. In that sense, language is like a monitor, designed only to convey information, not generate it. While your thoughts are like the CPU.

seems like you've got the cart before the horse.

Do you only think in words? Most of my thinking is in images/innate understanding.

Just ask some illiterate nigger, it's the same.

Watermelon, mostly.

They have a language shitlord

>thoughts without a written language?
What????
Written language is just a way to represent spoken language.
How do you think people invented written language if they couldn't think in a verbal language?

You just said 'I suck Gorilla dick' in Gorrilian.

well that's what's going on in their heads

do people unironically think in words?

>gorrilian

You just said "shitload" in klien-speak.

A running voice in your head is a symptom of schizophrenia.

that'd be two running voices

If your conscience's vocabulary is not Shakespeare tier you're confirmed for brainlet

*Somali

observing others responses and reactions they learn patterns and can recall them

>he thinks you require language to process thoughts
lmao, I only think in words when I'm talking or writing something. Fucking brainlet.

People don't think in language. Thoughts are vague flashes referring to a concept (a person, an event, an object, an abstraction, etc.). Language is a more precise way of sharing thoughts.

>mfw all dem brainlet in this thread
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_language

>philosophy
lmao

>spot the slave