Can drugs help to find out or see more about the own person and the life, universe, etc...

Can drugs help to find out or see more about the own person and the life, universe, etc.? I often hear that people who do shrooms or LSD, etc. finally see their reason to live, who they are and so on. But is it the truth you can see or just some faked thoughts your brain is telling you because you are high as shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2016/05/23/man-jumps-to-his-death-after-taking-magic-mushrooms/
nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/05/banker_from_nj_jumps_to_his_death_while_high_on_mushrooms_report_says.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/2798443/Teacher-stabbed-himself-to-death-while-high-on-magic-mushrooms.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes smoke salvia

>because you are high as shit?
Yes. The brain is very complicated but mechanistic. When you disrupt its ability to function properly you get weird fake shit because your brain is the thing that figures all the things out. If you still want to fuck with your brain but are afraid of fucking it up permanently, check out sensory deprivation instead. Without sensory input the brain just has to make shit up anyway in order for there to be anything for it to do. So try that out first if you want to brain up some fake shit.

>Can drugs help
No.

>Amfetamines

Pros:

*Learning and making connections between everything you observe.

*Thinking turns into a game of 'connect the dots'.

Cons:

*you turn into a schizo.

No, do not smoke Salvia. That shit is the worse psychedelic you can ever try.

why

how's a trip with salvia?

>Can drugs help to find out or see more about the own person and the life, universe, etc.?
All the evidence says no, in fact it does the opposite. Leads you down a path of illusionary profundity ultimately ending in insanity.

If this world isn't good enough for you as it is, pumping your brain with pyschoactives isn't going to magically change it.

>*Learning and making connections between everything you observe.
>*Thinking turns into a game of 'connect the dots

makes you think that*

it doesnt really do that.

drugs are illusions.

>[citation needed]

I have used mushrooms 4 times in the last 7 years. The first time I didn't know what to expect so it was just weird. After that I have used it to help me think about what's important to me and what I want to do with my life.
It's doesn't provide any analysis and you won't emerge from a trip with a clear head and a to-do list of life goals. However it helps me remember desires I have (career, education, maintaining relationships, etc) in a very vivid symbolic way.
For example, about a year after I graduated from an MSc and started working I was feeling busy and stressed and felt that I had gotten into a routine of not thinking creatively and not advancing in my personal life. This is a pretty typical feeling when people start jobs b/c you spend 10 or more hours commuting and working and then have no energy to think/create in your very limited free time. I tripped for 4 hours and sure enough that was the main theme. I remembered all the friends I had in college, all the things I had wanted to do with my life, and had a very intense and sad feeling that I was wasting my life at my current job. The next week I dusted up my resume and found a much better job.
2 years later, despite enjoying my job, I started feeling like I was stagnating. At one point I had wanted to enter a PhD program, and I started second guessing that goal b/c I was getting complacent/comfortable with my working routine and comfy salary. So I found some shrooms in my new town and spent a Friday night tripping on my own. I came out of it with the realization that I still wanted to go back to school and that the potential anxiety/poverty of that experience would be worth it.
Again, none of these experiences are analytical. For me it's just a 4-6 hour emotional shitstorm where I remember friends/family members, ambitions, childhood, etc. It's all notional/symbolic, the feelings do not last long, and your experience may differ but it has helped me to make life decisions.

again

Also, you won't get many good responses here b/c it's mostly autists in basements taking a break from /pol/ and /r9k/ who have never used drugs and claim that anybody who has is an addict and cannot have a valid opinion.

I've smoked salvia a few times. If you've never done a psychadelic, its kind of like being a kid who cant swim and having John Cena throw you into the ocean. You're probably gonna flip out, so please RESEARCH it and respect it and you will be fine, assuming you're not schizo.

newfag

>That shit is the worse psychedelic you can ever try.
It's pretty far from the worst psychedelic you can ever try. For one thing you're back to feeling basically the same as you felt before you smoked it after like a couple minutes. I would rank all the research chemicals with nasty body loads that keep you feeling fucked up for eight or twelve hours straight way worse than salvia for that reason alone.

If you actually think mushrooms helped you develop emotionally you're just proving my point.

If you need to eat mushrooms to realize what a piece of shit you are, you really shouldn't exist in the first place.

this guy doesnt know much.. try datura seeds and tell me salvia is bad..

>took mushrooms
>thoughts he had while high made him decide to make a life change
>he went through with it and changed his life for the better

that sounds like the mushrooms helped him change my dude

>think mushrooms helped you develop emotionally
Yeah I totally said that

>The effects of drugs area illusory, therefore anybody who says otherwise is influenced by an illusion and this proves my point
solid circular reasoning.

also

>[citation still needed]

>its kind of like being a kid who cant swim and having John Cena throw you into the ocean

Do you ever think that John Cena just likes to throw children into large bodies of water?

I've read account and a staggering amount just say it's the single most horrifying thing they've ever been through and they would not wish sensory deprivation upon Satan himself but yeah try it out and experiment. Get to know yourself a bit better haha.

>>think mushrooms helped you develop emotionally
>Yeah I totally said that
Ah so they don't help you develop environs, they help you remember relationships and goals. Did you try writing then down in a piece of paper? That usually helps me remember things.

Seriously though, this is no different from dream interpretation. You got bored of your job, you took mushrooms, you switched jobs. Which part of this causative chain is unnecessary?

>The effects of drugs area illusory, therefore anybody who says otherwise is influenced by an illusion and this proves my point
Actually it's the lack of profundity in all of these drug-induced "revelations" that proves my point.

Well most people are pretty horrible, so I can see how getting to know themselves through sensory deprivation would be horrible.

>took mushrooms
>thoughts he had while high made him decide to make a life change
>he went through with it and now he's dead because he thought he would fly if he jumped from the 23rd floor into the empty swimming pool

Yup, really changed his life.

It's not that bad, but it also isn't very similar to psychedelic drugs. It's more like you just start to lose track of what's going on and in those lapses of awareness you get random daydream-like visuals.

Truly spoken like someone who has never done anything even related to psychadelics.

You don't be come an insane person just because you drop acid or shrooms or whatever. You're still you and you still have some semblance of logical though. Its just swimming around in your mind with a lot of illogical thoughts. But unless you were already stupid enough to think you can fly, you won't jump off a building just because your mind is altered.

Amphetamines aren't psychoactive or placebo retard.

You may not think a particular revelation is profound (and in an objective sense, perhaps it isn't) but having a personal realization about your life that helps you refocus or shift gears to something you care about is profound on a personal level and really can be life changing.

Some people make lists, some people take mushroom, and in college I knew an autistic guy who did both.

Why do you want to prove everyone else is wrong about their personal, subjective experience with something you clearly have little knowledge of?

I didn't know mushrooms were like bath salts.

This can confirm, that thing isn't a psychodelic is more like a free death ride.

man I smoked the 45x every morning for like 6 weeks it was totally fucked. There's themes throughout the trips I'd describe like

>bricks, lego, blocks, cubes
>becoming objects (eg, fenceposts, carseats) as in you literally all sense of being a human body with a mind you just become the object
>gravity effects, as if one were on a rollercoaster that keeps skipping and glitching like a CD, so you feel like you rush forward or sideways then it glitches back and you do it again, and again
>profuse sweating
>family relations between objects, chairs and couches are aunties and sisters, cups and plates father and son, deck wood slats all come from the same birth
>animal themes, giraffe lego cranes, wood lions, disney animals (mickey mouse etc)
>visual field is a 'shell' where the only part of objects that exists are those facing you, behind that shell world around you is a hidden world you can't see because you aways see the front face of objects, but it contains witches and legos and glitches
>lots of tequila desert cactus mexican spaghetti westerrn themed trips as well
>tastes like burnt tea
>is absolutely fucked

>Can drugs help to find out or see more about the own person and the life, universe, etc.?
Yes. Both MDMA and shrooms had that effect on me. I like to put it this way: Drugs can unlock doors in your brain you didn't even know were there, going through those doors you still have to do yourself.

>But is it the truth you can see or just some faked thoughts your brain is telling you because you are high as shit? That's what I was wondering when I was high on shrooms and experienced thoughts that were completely new to me. So I commited them to memory (like I could have forgotten them) and evaluated them later again, sober. [spoiler]They still rang true, loudly[/spoiler]

Most seretonorgic psychedelics (i.e. shrooms, LSD) work by activating a lot of your brain at once, and cross-activating areas. You aren't going to find any secrets to the universe or anything by doing this, because you're only still working with your model of the universe, but you might come up with novel ideas that you wouldn't have before. In this sense, I suppose you could say it's helping you learn things.

DMT would probably be the most likely to give you some sort of epistemological change.

Welcome to real life, tards.

nypost.com/2016/05/23/man-jumps-to-his-death-after-taking-magic-mushrooms/

Notice the hypocrisy:

>having a personal realization about your life that helps you refocus or shift gears to something you care about is profound on a personal level and really can be life changing.

>But unless you were already stupid enough to think you can fly, you won't jump off a building just because your mind is altered.

So obvious "revelations" like quitting your job when you're bored are due to the mushrooms, yet jumping off a 26 story building while high clearly had nothing to do with them! Hilarious.

>stressed out
>do drugs
>feel better

>stressed out again
>remember drugs made me feel better last time
>do drugs
>feel better

>stressed out again
>drugs always help
>do drugs
>feel better

>stressed out again
>do drugs
>feel better
Theres a word for this.... addiction.
If you repeatedly use drugs to cope, then the brain learns to cope with drugs. You should be figuring that stuff out off of drugs, taking the easy way out by getting high is only going to hurt you in the long run.

>"IF YOU'RE NOT AN ADDICT, THEN WHY DON'T YOU STOP TAKING DRUGS."
>doesn't use drugs for more than a year
>does it again
>"I KNEW IT YOU'RE AN ADDICT"

sure is reefer madness in here.

>just some faked thoughts your brain is telling you
You mean like every other thought you ever have sober or otherwise?

>thinks there's such thing as truth or fake
lol retard

I don't think he was saying that....

>see their reason to live,
they can also see the opposite.

seeing the true nature of reality could leave you apathetic

>be hungry
>eat food
>feel better

>hungry again
>remember food made me feel better last time
>eat food
>feel better

>hungry again
>food always helps
>eat food
>feel better

>hungry
>eat food
>feel better

Theres a word for this.... addiction.
If you repeatedly use food to cope, then the brain learns to cope with food

I think your argument falls flat in regards to people who are sober all the time but want to commit suicide. Take a look at Japanese men for example.

How are those 'fake'?

Why would smoke it every morning for 6 weeks?

>Can drugs help to find out or see more about the own person and the life, universe, etc.

No. But they can make you think you have.

OP, best thing to do is research drugs. I recommend 'Heads: A History of Psychodelic America,' as well as 'Albion Dreaming.'

My personal experience is that LSD has helped me rethink my social anxiety in such a way that its a bit more manageable. Its no answer. Drugs are tools, they can damage you in a range of magnitudes. However, if used in a constructive manner, they will build fantastic creations.

LSD fucks your reality up and gives you a pretty fractal / light show. Your brain just completely stops interpreting its senses in a way in which you can make any sense out of it at all. You won't learn anything from that other than how to remain calm when your psyche is being put through experiences it can't comprehend. You feel amazing on the tail end of a heavy trip.

Don't have enough experience with shrooms to say much. They get pretty weird in a different way. I'm pretty sure I experienced ego death with them.

DMT is LSD times ten and condensed into like 5 minutes. It sort of approaches pic related but can honestly just say the same thing of what I said about LSD, but is too short lived to leave you with anything ``useful''.

psychedelics are from satan

>But unless you were already stupid enough to think you can fly, you won't jump off a building just because your mind is altered.

Absolutely correct. Hallucinogens disrupts your sensory input and not much more. Maybe you'll start questioning reality because the drug fucks that up so you have difficulty telling what is real, but no one will suddenly start believing they can fly.

You're right, drugs won't give you anything you wouldn't be able to figure out on your own. He probably would've changed jobs anyway if he didn't do shrooms. Going into a drug like with something like that at the back of your mind, though, tends to make it blow up in your face. It's like, being too afraid to face the truth until you rake yourself over the coals.

Eat 5 gs of mushroom in the forest and you'll learn more about yourself then you'd ever though possible

as most humans only use 10% of there brain it is most likely when under the influence of any mind altering substance that you disable the rest of the body. The potency of the drug and the way it interacts with your mind and body is ofcource a huge factor. Some substances alter the brain in a bad way. The brain gets over stimulated as with heroin. Some substances release certain hormones wich can trigger halucunations. Some substances stimulate receptors, this cauces you to think a certain way or do certain thinks most of not harmfull. Mind altering substances are just stimulants for your self, so everything experiances can be discribed as halucunations but halucunations can be fucking real.

>doing salvia before just doing dmt, lsd or ayahuasca instead
ISHYGDDTFTLOG

How does one get their hands on these psych drugs

>as most humans only use 10% of there brain
Bullshit, that's not how the brain works at all.

Darknet

I don't compare DMT and LSD, they're different things. Both amazing.

To be on topic psychedelics seem to have some interesting interactions with the brain.

I sadly don't remember the sources now, but some recent studies basically say something along these lines:

In every day life, all input you get goes through a filter in your brain. The filter consists of your memories, experiences, etc.

For example, your eyes see a snake and sends it to the brain, the brain sends the input through the filter, which from experience, personality and so on knows that you should be afraid of the snake, and now you're afraid of the snake.

Some psychedelics seem to, to some extent, just bypass the filter.
See snake, doesn't go through filter > different emotional response.

This is EXTREMELY simplified, and I wish I could find the source but I have to go now. But basically it seems like there could be scientific support for psychedelics changing your personality, because you get to experience things without your own personal filter/bias.

are you like 5, how literete dou you take things? I couldn't even spell some words right and it's a fact that most humans tend to use only 10% of there brain. The other part is inactive if that was to diffecult for you to figureout then I wonder what you do on this board

little bit to basic as the brain has so much more functions

Your post doesn't contain anything remotely accurate.

>The brain gets over stimulated as with heroin.
That's not how heroin works at all.

ITT sheltered autists who will never touch anything society won't let them.

cool story bro. if receptors get to much impulses isn't that over stimulation?

you'd think people in Veeky Forums would no better than to fall for fear mongering. I suppose it is that time of the year though (summer af)

Yes clearly these guys wanted to just jump off a 26 story or stab themselves in the neck with a broken bottle while high on shrooms. Obviously the shrooms were incidental.

Moron.

The people that browse Veeky Forums really aren't that intelligent.

Alright it's been a month since I took a rather large dose of LSD, and since then my dreams have been always lucid.
Some anons in other boards told me this shit was temporary. How temporary is this? Did I damaged my brain somehow?

Sounds like fake stories to me. On the other hand, I can imagine someone doing something like that to escape a bad trip...

nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/05/banker_from_nj_jumps_to_his_death_while_high_on_mushrooms_report_says.html

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/2798443/Teacher-stabbed-himself-to-death-while-high-on-magic-mushrooms.html

The dream state is regulated by natural DMT levels and your unconsciousness ability of alertness/waking state, or position of REM sleep. It's possible that your deep sleep state has diminished since the incorporation of said chemicals that were ingested but it's likely that your equilibrium will return in time. Just be patient and enjoy the ability to lucid dream. It's not common, some people strive to possess this ability. Having said so, it's best to rest closed-eyed with positive thoughts and outlook, as night terrors through lucid dreaming could lead to psychological hostility in the long run, if they are frequent.

Just think happy thoughts (: