Anyone have experience with DIY transcranial stimulation devices?

Anyone have experience with DIY transcranial stimulation devices?
Ive just completed one and I think I did everything like I was supposed to. A bit nervous to try it out on myself though.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.neuroelectrics.com/images/f/fd/NEWP302305-WhitePaperClinicalEvaluationCogEnh.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is your intention?

Looks like he intends to fry his brain. OP skipped past the part of the instructions where they warn people to never try stuff like this without some serious engineering experience. And I see waaaay too much tape to indicate any sort of serious engineering experience.

Want to see if it makes me less depressed

theres better ways user, better ways.

what are you supposed to do with it exactly?

it's DIY electroshock. It's incredibly unsafe because it is way easy to put more amperage through your head than it can survive.

If OP is so depressed, he should do like /v/ does and lose himself in some vidya. Or if that's too modern, find some meditative absolution of self mysticism to invest time into.

>s DIY electroshock
No Im using magnetic stimulation

sure, until you short across the magnet and die.

Atleast Ill die for science

surely hes not gonna die if its not connected to the mains.

Science already knows how people die from this. Literally just told you.

You can be killed by a AAA battery if it is powering the right kind of transformer and applied to your temple.

It doesnt come into contact with me

I want to try this.

Can you spare me the search and post relevant links?

Well it doesn't just sit there on the table and do anything. Guessing the ring goes on your head, which is absolutely in contact with you. Little bit of sweat and bam no more you.

Ok Im going to come clean.
Im half shitposting here. Havent built anything, the pic isnt mine.
But the technology is very intersting and has shown a lot of promise in many applications such as treating depressive disorders, ADHD, schizophrenic symptoms, increasing attention, etc etc.
A simple google search for DIY transcranial stimulation will reveal a lot of great links.
However unfortunately I dont have a vast background in medicine nor in engineering so it would probably be unwise for me to experiment with it. Although the engineering aspect is fairly simple.
Im still very interested in it and would like to hear if anyone has experimented with it.
Sometimes I really regret not going into STEM since Ive always had an aptitude and a passion for it.
>Guessing the ring goes on your head
It's meant to be applied an inch or so above the cranium, the position depends on which part of the brain you want to apply it to.

Actually fuck it, I'll do direct current stimulation.

Luckily, I *am* an engineer and know what I'm doing. Besides I have nothing to lose.

I'll start with 9V regulated (a battery will drop voltage as it discharges) and limit the current to 1mA. I'll also make a protection circuit with a MOSFET and micro controller to disable the entire thing if current exceeds 3mA.

Will post setup and initial experiment in a day or two.

I see.
I'm also very interested in the results.
You are never too late to go into STEM, just find a way to make it work.

Yeah, the engineering aspects of this are simple, and I know jack shit about medicine too.

You can wait and see my results, I guess.
But I cant guarantee I'll actually do it, check catalogue next two days.

There is a "paper" here if anyone interested.

wiki.neuroelectrics.com/images/f/fd/NEWP302305-WhitePaperClinicalEvaluationCogEnh.pdf

>You are never too late to go into STEM, just find a way to make it work.
Yeah. Not even that old but graduated with a completely different degree recently. Not sure if doing another bachelors will be worth it in the end..
>But I cant guarantee I'll actually do it, check catalogue next two days.
Well good luck I suppose. Be careful. Ill be on the look out for a thread

you can do a masters in a completely different subject as long as you take the core classes for that field, which you would enjoy anyways if it's something you want to do. only slightly shorter than a second bachelors.