OMG SPOILERS!!! ASSHOLE!!!

>OMG SPOILERS!!! ASSHOLE!!!

Is there a bigger sign of being a brainlet than considering a book or movie 'ruined' after overhearing key plot details?

nice thread

Making threads like this.

caring about plot for once

Yeah, plot centric works are typically catered towards plebs since plot is the easiest to grasp aspect of storytelling. So people who care about it are usually people who exclusively consume works targeted towards plebs.

Even as a small part the plot can still be appreciated among everything else. Spoilers take away from that small part. Are you really saying the plot has absolutely zero value to you in any work? It doesn't mean the book is ruined but it still has a negative impact.

Some mediums oft require the plot to be known before viewing, such as opera

wait a second, are there actually brainlets who read for the plot and feel confident to post on my Veeky Forums?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

this place really has become as reddit as /mu/ says it is.

Well most movies aren't that good that you can enjoy them while knowing what happens, might apply to good books but not movies.

lol, maybe watch some good films, cinematography is a lot more interesting than plot you pleb

LMAO I agree, it's a fucking retarded behavior

>most movies aren't that good that you can enjoy them while knowing what happens,

>watch some good films

>/mu/ user
>edgy pretentious teenager
every tiem

This is perfectly reasonable advice. Majority of movies and literature are plot driven trash. If you want to stop being a pleb then maybe switch your attention to other things.

Yet the plot is part of the experience that was intended by the director, you fucking pleb.
Stop devaluing it only because plebs think it's the only think it matters, even if it's not crucial (well, sometimes it is) it is still relevant.

Someone make one of those brain images with:
>Plot
>Moral
>Prose
>Aesthetic

>Moral
Is this another word for theme?

I was thinking as in moral of the story, but English is not my first language so maybe it's not the right term. Meaning? Message?

Ah, ok. Theme is like that, but sometimes can mean multiple things or be open to interpretation.

Official

ITT: Retards who think that plot and style are mutually exclusive, and that the best writers are not able to craft and enjoy both simultaneously.

This.

If a writer can't do all of these at once , they need practice. If a reader can't appreciate all of them at once, they are missing out.

It's not about what people are writing for, but what people are reading for.

If you're reading a book predominantly for the minutiae of the plot, you're probably a major pleb.