Have no problems with calc 1

>have no problems with calc 1
>calc 2 first week already kicking my ass

Explain this fucking class to me. Is calc 3 gonna be even harder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/professorleonard57
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not just skipping calc 2 and picking it up as you go in real analysis
brainlet

integral simulator 2017
most people i've met agree that calc 2 is the hardest of the sequence.

>americans learn calculus only in university

Confirmed
Calc 2 is shittiest class.
It should be worth 8 credit hours the amount of time spent.
Our final was literally one question. Took three hours.
Class average was 27%
Curve was dope though.

Calc 2 is half multivariable and half diff eq.

So Calc 3 and Calc 4 are only half as shitty provided you remember stuff from Calc 2.

Calculus 2 is pretty hard. 3 is basically more of the same stuff. Linear algebra is piss easy.
I still think precal is the hardest math class I've ever taken.

>thinking calc 2 is hard
just drop out

>obsessed yuropoors

>A in Calc 1
>A in Calc 2
>Taking DiffEq
>All of this new fucking notation
>All of these semi-explained concepts without any explained application
>Long, wordy problems
>Don't understand shit
WHAT DO I DO

>mathless americhilds.

how can you let your kids be brainlets? the youngs are the future!

You can re write everything using the notation you're familiar with but it takes a lot longer.

Everything in diff eq is a rate of change so your word problems should translate to some derivatives. Most of the time, it's a 2nd order linear diff eq. At the end of the class you move on to higher order ones and non linear ones but you get shortcuts that make them easier.

i pretty much felt that way all through class. eventually i just gave up and did other class' homework in de lecture. made n a by memorizing what solutions look like and pattern matching . not sure if i regret it or not

I'm retaking it for the 2nd time, user. Just do the homework... Even if you don't have hw, do questions from the book or you will fall behind big time. I thought I could just breeze by like calc I, but not a chance.

You do get into calculus during high school, if you can test into the classes. This should say a lot about OP.

Also, fucking Calc 2? What is this a site for Freshman Engineering students? You can find literally everything you need to know about the first three calculus series on the internet, they are not difficult at all, they just take time. Check this dudes videos out:

youtube.com/user/professorleonard57

>Our final was literally one question. Took three hours.

really tickled my pinky toe

I took calc in High School but didn't take AP calc. Didn't have to test into shit, eat a dick.

I just started calc 2 too. 50ish homework problems this week.

All integral shit. Ez af. I thought it'd be hard so I formed a study group, but i don't think it's even necessary.

what's the hardest undergrad math class?

because calc 2 is basically a "recipe" and "memorization" course.

you memorize a bunch of techniques for evaluating integrals

then you memorize some taylor series expansions for common functions. they might try to explain to you what it all means, but you won't understand because you don't actually have the background you need to fully comprehend it

then you memorize a bunch of tests for convergence of series. they might run over some informal proofs of the tests shortly but you won't really have time during the semester to get into it.

as a result: calc2 makes zero sense to you as you learn it.
taht's why it's the hardest.

>but you won't understand because you don't actually have the background you need to fully comprehend it
What is the necessary background?

discrete math and numerical analysis.

seething

>bullshit my way through calc 2
>skip calc 3 and take Differential Equations
I'm doing fine so far.
Am I fucked next semester for Calc 3?

nah, calc 3 is just calc 1 and 2 in 3 dimensions.

this

Calc II is incredibly easy. Brainlets pls go.

>I took calc in High School but didn't take AP calc.
Imagine being the mental equivalent of 5ft 4in.

just watch patrickJMT on youtube

Engineering degrees in most US universities stop with differential equations.

The last thing most engineers learn is laplace transform or maybe fourier transform for EE students (it will be taught in ur weeb CIRCUITS 1 class)

The issue is that these things in DFQ show up in: thermodynamics 1, dynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, etc

>nah, calc 3 is just calc 1 and 2 in 3 dimensions.
calc 1 is in 1 dimension
calc 2 is in 2 dimension
calc 3 is in 3 dimension

im currently at calc 11, soon i can do string theory

That happened to me also. I ended up having to retake calc 2 (integral calc)

Calc 3 (multivariable) was as hard, but in retrospect I was better motivated by then.

>falling for the ap meme

Calc 3 is harder, but calc 2 has a steeper learning curve. Stick with it, it'll click before too long.

Are you a nigger? Calc 2 is easy as shit if you actually study 16 hours a week which you should that which you probably didn't before.

Calc 2 is no picnic. Either kick someone's ass the first day or become someone's bitch. Then everything will be all right.

I was really good in calc 1, failed calc 2 and was really good again in calc 3. The second Semester was my worst one where I failed almost every exam.

Does every fucking burger do the same course regardless of which university they go to? If I just went on Veeky Forums and asked "ayy real analysis tips pl0x" I'd get a bunch of off topic shit that wont be on the exam. Are all Calc n's created equally? What about for different disciplines? You all get lumped with the engineers or something?

>he takes calc 1 in college

>Does every fucking burger do the same course regardless of which university they go to?
Yeah, basically calculus is all taught to a standard curriculum (usually Stewart or a book that covers identical topics). Some elite universities like MIT, and the University of Michigan have special advanced sequences for mathematics, but not many people take them.

I understand that in yurop, stem fags don't learn Calc at all unless they're math majors, in which case they start with analysis first. In the us, only math majors are required to take real analysis and it's upper division meaning that you have to take the Calc sequence first.

Also, was just recently to Poland and they have the shittiest engineers I've ever seen.

I don't buy it

How do you guys manage to get into Calculus III if you failed II?

Should I take it in the streets?

I started visit exercises and lectures again instead of the second semester where I thought I'm smart enough to self study everything without talking to anyone.
Turns out exercises and lectures have a reason.

I ate a fat dick in Calc 2 but got high A's in both 1 and 3. Calc 2 sucks bro.

I was in a similar situation. Failed diff eq. AND dropped multivariable because professor was this scarf wearing mumbling french fuck. Advisor told me to take mechanics, em, quantum anyways. Passed those no problem. Tfw Griffiths does a better job in 1 chapter of vector calculus than an entire class.

calc is easy just do practice problems

Just wait until you're finding the volume of a shape represented by a curve in 2D space rotated 360 around either the X or y-axis. Then, in Cal3, you'll be finding the volume of shapes represented by the space between various 3D shapes. Then, you get to Linear Algebra and and will ask yourself: "am I a genius or is this class just ten times easier than calculus ever was?"

No, you're not a genius, but you'll feel better about not getting half of calculus bc calculus is hard af.

Your multivariable professor was Cedric Villani?

Struggling with calc just means your algebra is shakey. Review that shit breh

>real
>not functional
utter brainlet LOL

>study neurobiology
>only calculus 2 in curriculum
>it's implied you know calculus 1 from high school

Volume of rotated shapes isn't even hard

Which country?

calc 2 is far harder, you'll be okay trudging through

remember to work in groups, studying with others makes it go from an 8 to a 5 in difficulty