Would you eat domestic dog or cat? What about horse or monkey?

Would you eat domestic dog or cat? What about horse or monkey?

Also other taboo meats

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.coles.com.au/a/a-national/everything/search/kangaroo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dog? Maybe if I was starving. Cat? For some reason I'm less willing. Monkey? No thanks, I don't want to be Patient 0 of the virus that makes HIV look like a sinus infection.

>Dog
Sure, if it was one of those dogs bred for meat.
>Cat
Probably not
>Monkey
Never willingly
>Horse
Actively want to try

no, dogs are inherently meant to be companions rather than cattle.

cats on the other hand, fair game. I hate them and any excuse to lower their population is a go from me.

technically not taboo but rather unethical since it's been done for years until it became illegal, shark fin soup and foie gras are both ones i'm meaning to try sometime soon

I would eat horse. Maybe cat. Not monkey. Not dog. No rats. No spiders. No bugs.

>>dog or cat
In a survival situation, sure. Normally? Nope. I've tried dog in China (nasty) and I've cooked bobcat before (meh).

>>horse
Sure, it's fucking delicious.

>>Monkey
Only if I'm starving. It's too close to human thus there would be a high risk of spreading disease.

That one guy in Germany that cut off and ate some other guy's penis.

I heard the act of cannibalism isn't illegal in a lot of places, the methods to get the flesh are though

Eating horse is mostly taboo in countries with strong traditions of equine husbandry and English-speaking countries. This is mostly due to horses being more useful as worker animals than food to such places, and that Christianity largely discouraged the consumption of horse in Germanic tribes they were trying to convert becsuse of its association with pagan rituals. America and Australia are doubly affected by this trend because of a strong history of using horses for transportation and labor(very very valuable in such huge places), and because of strong ties to Christianity. Horses also aren't considered kosher so Jews aren't supposed to eat them.

If those were my only choices, I'd pick the horse hands down. I read that in many parts of Europe, eating horse is as common as eating venison in burgerland.

donkey was a very valuable animal in italy, we steal eat it

>dog/cat
Obviously.
>horse
Tried it before and it tastes like shit. Guy who called it delicious should catch a ban.
>monkey
Only if I REALLY trusted the motherfucker who prepared it.

Also, not being edgy, just honest: I would eat the shit out of cooked human meat if there was a way to neutralize the prions that cause kuru virus and the meat was collected voluntarily, like some fat gainer cunt who decided to offer their bacon up to the rest of the world or something. (My first thought was convicted death row inmate, but I've heard that animal suffering makes meat taste worse because of adrenaline and other hormones that get pumped into the muscle tissue. I figure some little pig who died happily of a heart attack tastes better even if there's way more lard to peel off.)

Yeah, user was wrong about "value" having anything to do with whether or not the animal was eaten. Horses were very important, highly valued, animals in just about every culture prior to the industrial revolution. Horses were used for transportation, plowing fields, and turning machinery. And many of those cultures still ate horse despite horses being so important.

If nothing else, eating an old or injured horse that could no longer work makes a lot more sense than buying it in the ground.

Yeah, but does Italian culture have the image of a strong and wise gentleman riding astride his donkey, more a loyal companion than beast of burden? Because America has that. Legends of cowboys almost always mention the name of the cowboy's horse too. "The Lone Ranger and his brave horse Silver! Hi-ho Silver! Away!" Were words that echoed from radios across America for years.

I'm reasonably obsessed with any and all Chinese food so yes to all. The fact that people are squeemish about these things is really just a western interpretation of what is and can be food. Try a well poached and sauced sea cucumber or some goose intestine and you'll realize there's more to food.

February I'm getting some dog.

When i was in china i had a bowl of deep fried cat ears. Was pretty good

>monkey
>inb4 uma delícia

Would eat all of the above given the right opportunity.

I read these books as a kid about an ivory hunter in Africa. He described eating marrow from giraffes several times throughout the series. Always wanted to try it. Found out later it contains DMT. Still wanna try it.

Assuming it's safe to consume, I'd probably eat any meat that isn't something absolutely disgusting like lutefisk

>taboo meats
ALL MEAT IS TABOO YOU FUCKING PSYCHOTIC MURDERERS!

My dad always said that eating monkey was confusing and he detested because it was as if you are eating a child. He worked in the jungle of Venezuela for several years long ago.

I've had horse, I'd eat dog or cat if it was raised to be eaten. Monkey I'm a bit hesitant about but I'm not really sure why.

>cats on the other hand, fair game. I hate them

Where did this surge of people who hate cats come from?

Watched the documentary in the middle of the night

Really interesting story... The ending was shattering for him

>prions that cause kuru virus
Is that not only if you eat the brain,?

>horse
i missed my change to try that in japan. i would.

as for dog and cat, maybe but i would be hesitant. i probably wouldnt mind trying monkey. hell, i would try human if i could just to say i did

and also only in a specific part of the world

I dont expect any of the unpopular meats to taste better than meats that come from duck/cow/pigs so that lowers my desires to eat them.

The only reason Id eat dog or something is so I can tell other people "oh yeah I ate dog in a 3rd world country, neat eh".

No monkeys ever they are too close to people.

I love cats so no. They used to sell em as "rabbits" with the head/feet chopped.

Dogs are meh. Eating carnivores is kind of dumb in general.

There is nothing wrong with eating horse, idk why everyone hates it. They won't even let you use it in dog food here.

nah

I have no problem with the morales of eating it but I attach a sentimental value to all those animals, I wouldn't eat dolphins or sloths either.

If other delicious meats like pig and cow wasn't available maybe.

I dont know that I would eat that shit unless I was desperate, not entirely disgusted by the idea tho. I ate horse as a kid and I would like to have some.

>dog
>cat
>horse
Yes. I'd try it.

>monkey
No. Anything in the primate order is a little to close to human.

Yep, better send the horses to the glue factory instead!

Isn't horse sausage a thing in most European countries? They're like salami but much darker in colour and has a distinct taste, not bad but not particularly good either, pic related.

Other than those I've only ever had horse steak once, it was arguably better than regular steak, would recommend.

In France we eat horses, it's pretty good

Horse is taboo?? I eat it every week, its very good meat
What kind of shithole are you from to not having tried it?
Monkey and doggo dont look very appealing but well, if you are very hungry...

>dog
Sure why not
>cat
Hell no too stringy
>horse
Yeah
>monkey
Too weird.

>dog
>cat
If I have the opportunity to do so, sure. Might as well get it over with before I have to force myself.
>horse
Pretty sure I've been eating it for years, but I'd love to try some Horse Brand Horse meat. I hear it's better than beef.
>monkey
Only if it's in a sopa. Uma Delicia
>Other
Gator, Roo, Rabbit and bear are on my "Shit I want to eat before I die" list.

>dog
I'd give it a shot
>cat
doesn't seem worth it
>monkey
not gonna happen
>horse
fucking delicious

Dog? Yes.
Cat? I'd try it, but I hear it's awful.
Horse? Fuck yeah, I hear it's pretty good.
Monkey? Probably not. Disease.

do they taste similar to the snack cat ears?

I've had horse once, prepared as a sort of balyk. Gagged, but I think due to the texture not the taste or smell. Not interested in cats and monkeys, would try dog I guess.

All but monkey, if bred for meat.

They say people who hate cats are actually afraid of them on a primal level.

I hate cats and I can confirm this is true.

Funfact, german police still has the few hours of videotape.
They filmed everything they did.

In my area in germany the rhineland we have a traditional horse meat roast with a sweet and sour gravy served with boiled potatoes

SAUERBRATEN! tasty stuff, my grandma (rip) used to make it for me a lot when I was younger.

Fucking pussy

Ive had horse, crocodile, llama, ostrich, boar, kangaroo, quail, frog, scorpion, snails and some other weird shit

ask me I guess

Kangaroo isn't odd at all mate, not in Australia at least, they're considered a pest and they're legal to hunt and they taste pretty good with a tomato based sauce

You should make roo jerky and sell it on the internet. Kangaroo meat is extremely uncommon outside Australia, you could make bank.

True, mum has a property in NSW that has a bunch of roo's on it, might be worth asking if I can kill a few for some jerky

This bloke again.

How much does roo jerky cost overseas with shipping mate?

I love horse.

whats her name bro?

Depends, but I'm seeing about $13-16 USD per 8 ounce pack.

Fuck thats a lot just for a bit of jerky

I'd guess it's partially the cost of shipping, but mostly the fact that in overseas markets you can basically name your price because the supply almost doesn't exist anywhere else. I think there might be a farm or three in some part of the USA where they raise kangaroos for meat, but that can't match Australia's output.

I buy roo from the supermarket all the time (I'm in Brisbane). It's super high in protein, low in fat, and tastes amazing. Plus it's cheap as shit.

>shop.coles.com.au/a/a-national/everything/search/kangaroo

We may well be the only country to eat our national emblem.

Yeah I guess so, I would have thought shipping would be pretty cheap for a 8oz/300g package of jerky, anyway, we've literally got too many roo's, the meat is dirt cheap here and hunting them is pretty easy, they're really really fucking stupid, I honestly don't know why anyone hasn't started exporting it all over the world, it'd be pretty profitable considering the premiums they charge overseas for it

There was a time early in America's history when the turkey was a main competitor for our national emblem, but ultimately the bald eagle won out.

Horse sausages are tasty твн

doggo, never
cate, no because i hate cats
horse, i suppose
monkey, no because i'll think of uma delicia the whole time and won't be able to stop laughing enough to eat it. Plus monkeys are human-like enough to repulse me eating them.

Would you eat sopa de humano, it's uma delicia

el oh el, might if i was an ayy, it'd have to be a lean specimen, maybe a fit girl with a toned booty,do that shit up like a boston butt.

Sounds good mang, I'd probably make some titty schnitzel

someone should actually do this

yea, same here (although I don't hate cats)

I'd eat any animal, no exception. Meat is meat.