Don't bother reading "Star Wars: Aftermath" or any of the books on Star Wars by Chuck Wendig

Don't bother reading "Star Wars: Aftermath" or any of the books on Star Wars by Chuck Wendig.

Instead of a gripping tale of the events taking place after Return of the Jedi and before The Force Awakens, the author totally wastes the rare opportunity he is given. The book itself is very poorly-written and a boring mess. The characters are laughably bad, shallow, and mundane. The chapter headings (e.g., how the author places "Then:" and "Now:") are atrocious, and it just invites ridicule. The flow of the book is also hampered by the poor writing, making it a slog to read.

It also isn't really a Star Wars novel.

It's a propaganda piece by a SJW progressive intent on sending a message about his brand of politics. It's as if the author can't help himself. In the history of science fiction, that sort of politicizing is more consistent with the Star Trek universe than the Star Wars epic.

One certainly does not have to subscribe to an author's "certain point of view" to enjoy a novel they have written... that is if the novel is well-written. This one is not.

Great stories are supposed to draw you in. As the excitement towards the release of "The Force Awakens" builds, I had long-awaited the release of this novel...

Sadly, it totally fails in every regard.

Check his Twitter too, its full of anti Trump and tranny propaganda.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Studios#Currently_produced
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Freeform#Freeform_era_.282016.E2.80.93present.29
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>star wars
lmao pol is really pleb central

>implying I have ever read any Star Wars books
>implying I have any interest in reading Star Wars books
>implying I like Star Wars

I do hate SJWs though, so I support your boycott.

go back to /pol/.

No one gives a shit about this nonsense.

Perhaps Disney/Lucas Film is just trying to put in stuff that they think many people on tumblr will like as they want people on there to be a significant part of their continual market for these books?

It seems like there are many people on there that like YA fiction books and many that like leftist progressive stuff.

Sure, I will continue my lifelong boycott of Star Wars novels

I am a proud red pilled man who likes fucking white women and eating medium well steak but I can no longer read star wars since those disney jews bought the franchise from that good christian George Lucas

I don't give a shit about "SJW" stuff in the novel. The guy just can't write worth a damn. These three books are probably the most important new canon media we'll ever get, and they're absolute utter dogshit.

I seriously hope people give him hell at any con he goes to. Just go to the Q&A and ask him how he thought he could get away with writing like he does. I guarantee the Star Wars editors had a look of "we're so fucked" on their faces as he turned in his manuscripts.

You had me at:
>don't bother reading star wars

OH GOD
STAR WARS?
HOLY FUUUCK
THOSE FAGGOTS HAVE DAMAGED A REALLY CENTRAL PIECE OF MY LIFE AND EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD
WHY, HEAVENS!

>they said, returning to the fantasy general and masturbating over Gene Wolfe

star wars novels have always been, and will always be complete trash.

heir to the empire was the pinnacle of the genre, and it's not even that good.

Thanks for the redpilled heads-up, fellow white brother of Lord Kek worship.

Hopefully our meme magic will ensure that this SJW is brutally murdered. DEUS VULT

>everyone on Veeky Forums posts in the containment general
Go back to your legos

Look at what ABC Studios makes for comparison. They are owned by Disney.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Studios#Currently_produced

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Freeform#Freeform_era_.282016.E2.80.93present.29

Plus, keep in mind that Lucas Film is located in San Francisco.

>not liking meme wolfe
wew lad

Who the fuck writes like that? Why does he think that star wars factions are applicable to real life? And why does he paint his opponents as dinosaurs and his ideology as a meteor?

I think I know why people are so upset that Trump won. The narrative of social progress (read: degeneracy) as inevitable and good, is so ingrained into their minds, that when something disrupts the narrative they literally don't know how to react. Their smugness and snarkiness will be the death of them. Good luck trying to pull your shitty YA analogies out when fascists push you up against a wall

>abububu degeneracy

Minus ten points for leaning on the "degeneracy" crutch, but otherwise a good, insightful post.

>Star Wars
I wouldn't touch it with a ten-feet pole.

degeneracy accurately describes the destruction of the west. See how white women are having sex with other ethnicities and how you can't call anyone nigger anymore

lets see...
fucking nigger
woah nothing happen!
so this is just because you cant get your dick wet? lmao basic bitch

Excuse me, excuse me, I'm terribly important! I need to tell everyone my opinion about Contemporary Events! Thankfully, I have Twitter!

>Ugh. Not MY president. Lmao
[9] [5] [21]
>This guy's a boob!!
[4] [7] [52]

A job well done......... now I can rest until I'm needed by the world again.

what did he mean by this?

>implying anyone wants that shitty meme general here

>eating medium well steak
Off to the camps you go

Shadilay

What about Darth Plageuis? Really good novel, well written, and a gripping story.

medium is to much flavor, it's overpowering

anything less is raw

>anti Trump
none of what he said is wrong though

sage for why are you posting about shitty tie in books on Veeky Forums?

>nothing what he said is wrong though

Just get off this fucking site. We dont appreciate regressive libtards like you.

what books do you read to your wife's son?

I can't tell if this stuff is ironic anymore

you might prefer r/books sweetheart

this entire thread is r/books as fuck
who the hell cares about pleb wars

you don't read

>triggered libtards
settle in snowflakes it's gonna be a long 8 years

not an argument

there were never any arguments in the first place

/pol/rats are more identity politic trash than the sjws they cry about, which is saying something. At least trans persons get upset about how the real world interacts with them, while these idiots spend all 5 of their brain cells worried about fantasy series that aren't even set in their galaxy.

>muh horseshoe
>muh "braincells"
>not assessing arguments on their individual merits and correspondence with facts

> i got triggered

shut up cuck

Call it whatever you want, but your argument is not even wrong.

bet your not even white. try a redpill and see for yourself what we stand for

SHADILAY

>being this trigg'd

Proving the point

Ironic wishes are wishes too.

/pol/ is full of people who have been uprooted the way Yuri warned us of.
They are the Anti-SJW, but their reactionary nature means that they will go to more extremes as they are pushed, opposite of sjws, who grow and bloat their full spectrum of lunacy if given chance.

/pol/ will lead a normal life until pushed out of it, SJWs will live a normal life if pushed into it.