Tfw Oxen of the Sun clicks

>tfw Oxen of the Sun clicks

Seriously, how did Joyce get such an insane powerlevel? Was he able to overclock his pineal gland at will or something?

whatcha mean by click

Clicks as in suddenly understanding

When something makes sense

>be born with incredible memory and talent
>read and write 24/7 for your entire life
>???
>write Oxen of the Sun

i know what the term click means u pedants i meant what did he mean by it, in what way did the work come into focus for him and what did he derive from it. fuck sake. all u guys pretend to be smart but can't even understand a simple question without it needing to be extrapolated for several sentences.

>fuck sake. all u guys pretend to be smart but can't even understand a simple question without it needing to be extrapolated for several sentences.
same goes for you, retard

>tfw shit memory because my sisters made me fall for the "weed doesnt actually do any harm lmao" when I was 15

how in the fuck does it apply to me when i was the one who asked the fucking question you fucking twat? what a stupid person you are.

i too would like to know OP. Tell us about Oxen of the Sun.

Why didn't you say that to begin with? Don't be so ambiguous.

lol you lil shit.

Not OP, but Oxen is essentially a trip through the history of the English language, right?

I would copy and paste the link to my essay on Oxen of the Sun but it seems like you guys will just shit on whatever I say and call me a brainlet, so I will not.

Yes
Is Oxen of the Sun somehow like a light version of FW? Haven't read FW, are the Terrence McKenna lectures on it any good?
I don't know much about it aside from some stuff Borges says on his Joyce lecture on YT and Veeky Forums memes.

if you can't get to the nut of a simple question, i doubt your essay would be of much worth. besides, i asked for your impressions, and you shit on that by making an obvious thing difficult. i'm not the asshole here.

ok sorry

per usual, they are pretty much just terrence being a drug-addled idiot. he's pretty much ripping from joseph campbell, but in his usual style of seeming deep at first and then actually meaning nothing when it comes down to it. and to be fair, that's sort of what the Wake is about. Anyone who says shit like "Finnegans wake is like *hits blunt* a reflection of the rise and fall of the universe bro!!" is a pretentious pothead. It's a linguistic experiment, end of story, not that that is a bad thing. The "philosophy" that Joyce applies to it is not "deep," it was done so for purely literary purposes. If it was indeed an attempt to be deep, it failed. Read it for the unique and incredible literary experience, not for any amazing insights about life.

>dont think about this book in a different way that I do!
Your post, nothing when it comes down to it.

((sisters))

Haha really got me there! Okay, now that you have "rekt" me, as you cool 4channers say, why don't you explain to me the deep insights that Terrence McKenna has drawn from Finnegans Wake?

>(( ))
wdhmbt?

machine elves whiny jew did a dissertation on FW? wow i bet that's such a load of horseshit.

read my post again and un-hurt your butt, familia

>Since you seem to be a little bit slow, I'll explain it to you again: I didn't say that there aren't multiple ways of interpreting Finnegans Wake, but that the "deep meaning" that McKenna tries to ascribe to it is pretentious and meaningless. If it's not, as you say, and there are multiple ways of looking at this situation, then why don't you prove me wrong and tell me the deep insights you or McKenna gleaned? I'm waiting.

>the horrible memory because I fucked up my sleep patterns at college.
All I can remember now is memes.

Who are you quoting?

Probably some passage of his diary desu

It runs through the styles of the major English authors to coincide with the stages of fetal development and when the child is born the prose explodes into the incomprehensible babble of a newborn, it's this instant amnesia where it doesn't yet know how to utilize the words that created it and has to "relearn" them. Some really cool stuff about the artist there, goes along with Joyce's affirmation of the common man by placing their slang as part of development, and it ties into the novel's running theme between Leopold and Stephen that suggest by writing about himself, and subsequently developing his writing by writing about himself, he's taking that young self under his wing and it's as if the artist takes himself as his own non-blood father.

At least you found someone else to blame for your own shortcomings.

Yeah, but I was fucked anyways, I would have become addicted to something else

I know this feel. Marijuana is a degenerate meme

I have tried to diagram those first sentence/paragraphs and still have barely any idea what he's saying.

I get the play of the chapter. But fuck if that isn't one of the hardest things ever written. And right before Circe too, which is comparatively easy but still not walk.

That's no secret.

Really following the nuances in evolution and the action of the sequence and the implications, that takes serious leg work.

lol where did you pick brainlet up

also post your shit you fronting fuccboi, if you had any conviction in your ideas you wouldn't let a bunch of unsubstantiated criticism throw you

worst chapter of the book

fuck off.

great angle, thanks.