Could any of his works be adapted? Should they be?

Could any of his works be adapted? Should they be?

Yes. No, it would miss the point

They made a movie of Watchmen. They must've known they were missing the point, but they did it anyway.

>this is water
>just a close up of his interview, dripping with sweat looped for several hours

David Lynch, Stepehn Spielberg, Wes Anderson, Martin Scorsese, Quentin Terrentino, James Franco, Seth Rogan, Judd Apatow, 3-5 of the best 'film' students from universities, and some other good directors I am forgetting make infinite jest.

Who is the director (what is that movie) that some of it or a lot might be filmed first person view, and there are drone shots and see the inside of the buildings, and it has drug trips?

Infinite Jest can only be properly adapted (if at all) as an HBO TV show in the vein of Game of Thrones, or perhaps as a comic book series. A film wouldn't have the time to include everything important and wouldn't be able to properly convey the nonlinear quality of the plot.

Thats a really good idea, hbo or netflix gotta get on that (please before hulu sees this), and force the directors I mentioned ^^^ to do the episodes, and get larry david and jerry seinfeld to do one

>that some of it or a lot might be filmed first person view, and there are drone shots and see the inside of the buildings, and it has drug trips?
Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void?

yep yep, thank bruhski

Brief Interviews With Hideous Men was adapted into a movie by the guy from The Office

Richard Linklater could do Infinite Jest and The Pale King. He's got non-episodic storytelling down. The question is HOW. Either a high budget TV series or like 4+ movies

Episodes would have to be entertaining and be able to stand on their own. I think that'd be a problem, since it'd take at least 3 episodes to set the scene. Same for movies, I guess. Each one would have to have a mini-plot of sorts that wraps up by the end.

terry gilliam, imagine stanely kubrick 3 part film (at least 3 hours each film)

terrence mallick

do you guys think DFW would have liked or hated 4CH and other similar forums?

like do you think he would see any value in arguing fruitlessly with people you'll never meet and making dumb meme jokes?

After the MASTERPIECE that was boyhood? Sign me up!!

He'd probably write a book about it.

He clearly would've disliked it. 90% of people posting on Veeky Forums are being ironic doing so.

>that pic
kek

He would have detested it, yet been fascinated by it at the same time

I see The Pale King working as a Mike Judge show. It has that King of the Hill and Silicon Valley vibe.

it'd have to be a trilogy of 3 3+ hour movies.

but the real question is, who do we get to adapt the screenplay and direct?
i dont think any of those directors would be right for an infinite jest movie.
i think david lynch or yorgos lanthimos would be perfect.