Why is it the more science you learn, the more things seem meaningless? Pic unrelated

Why is it the more science you learn, the more things seem meaningless? Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOP-2ulq2bk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because you had constructed a vast network of artistic, aesthetic explanation for things and without being entirely conscious of it, your understanding of how things really work tear down those ideas one after the other like a robot walking through spider webs. You feel a sense of loss for these artistic sentiments and interpret that sense of loss as meaninglessness.

Damn

If you have to explain reality, there is no reality.
youtube.com/watch?v=DOP-2ulq2bk

No matter the amount of whinings and delusions, you are getting replaced anyway.

That's for the amerindian genocide. Get extinct'd.

What? Things gain meaning, everything in reality is an innocuous, boring object without inquiry into its nature (or making up fairy tales, religious or cultural or otherwise). But "science" adds depth that haphazard societal products could never achieve.

Because you have trapped the emotions under a veritable crapton of facts and seals and distractions (Facts, paperwork, numbers) just so you can contain the monster inside until you need it most.

Because, if there is no God or gods, then there is no purpose outside of oneself. Modern sciences teach that there is no God or gods, and therefore, there is no purpose outside of one's own desires.

Very good.

Modern children are exposed to fantasy too much and not enough reality. They don't have the proper mental processes constructed in their heads by the time they are adults to understand and easily deal with this type of information. Hence, such a reliance on things like escapism and religion. Some people are grossly out of touch with reality and sadly that is becoming the norm.

Define 'meaning' please.

>pls reply

>Modern sciences teach that there is no God or gods
[citation needed]

>Because, if there is no God or gods, then there is no purpose outside of oneself.

What? Why?

I define meaning as a reflexive value ascribed to a sign after the interpretation of the information it carries. I am not OP. OP is a faggot brainlet that needs to study the life sciences.

>not building an aesthetic based around reality
>not embracing the methodology to have a more fulfilling life

>why don't the natural developments of individual psyches align to the socially pertinent?
>how can we more efficiently bureaucratize the process of emergence?

It's great that you've already been whipped into place, but the fact that you think any of those things are even conceivable from the perspective of a developing child shows how much understanding of reality you have lost in the process.

>Someone should really tell Rex Tillerson that one of his employees is a wife-beater.

The more science I learn the more I realize we have no idea what's going on.

/thread
/life

I don't think it's "modern children" mate, just look at history.

>modern sciences
have nothing to say on the matter, they do not give these kinds of dictations

He means without an authority to provide objective meaning and thus purpose, then there is no real purpose. It all becomes subjective and meaningless, meaning simply being what we project onto the world. So how do we find authentic meaning if, rationally, it doesn't actually exist. If our brains are just building association and jugging along on instinct, with the objects the evoke so much meaning in us, inherently holding no meaning beyond that network of associations and memories that we hold independently - and with heavy flaws and fiction.

Without objective meaning, seemingly the only conclusion is nihilism. But of course we as organisms and individual perspectives are incapable of true nihilism, so we still project meaning on things and continue on anyway, even though when you actually consider it - it is all meaningless.