How do I prevent my eggs from cracking when I put them in boiling water? The eggwhite is literally everywhere

How do I prevent my eggs from cracking when I put them in boiling water? The eggwhite is literally everywhere.

put it on a spoon and lower it in gently

or boil them properly – start them off in cold water

Teaspoon of vinegar in the boiling water.
Stir constantly.

>start them off in cold water
this, especially if you keep them in the fridge

Put them in very hot water. Don't boil them.

Use a pin to poke a hole at the broad end of the egg to allow the air in the air sac to escape. You'll never have broken eggs again.

This guy knows what's up

Do people unironically have trouble with this?

Yes, my mom has problems with this. She puts them in a roiling boil for 10+ minutes and they end up broken, over cooked, and smelling terrible.

Eggs always will smell terrible because of the release of hydrogen sulphide

No, these are like really bad. Not like "I just got a wiff of something". These are unnaturally bad smelling. I can smell those eggs from two rooms over bad.

put in cold water
start heat
when water boils turn off heat
cover
3 mins soft boiled
7 minutes hard boiled
enjoy your eggs

holy shit this board

people unironically have trouble hard boiling eggs? Veeky Forums never fails to amuse
I mean it's okay to not know something, so whatever
just... fuckin google it next time dude. seriously

This. Always start in cold water. Let it get to a boil, then turn the heat off. Leave the pot on the eye for 8-12 minutes depending on whether you want soft or hard boil. Voila.

gently lower it into the boiling pot with your hand

Steam them.
Never breaks and perfect every time.

My instinct tells me that cooking slowly like this is a good way to ensure an even cook, since you're giving the heat enough time to permeate the food, meaning your yolks will always be hard boiled by the time your whites are fully cooked. Isn't it therefore better to cook them as hot as possible but for a short time, like when searing meat?

How is it possible that this wasn't the first post?

/thread

The problem is that going from fridge-cold straight into boiling water often breaks the shells due to thermal shock.

Why are you putting eggs in the fridge?

I don't keep my eggs in the fridge. I get them from my chickens out back.

But if you follow the thread people are talking about eggs from the fridge, which is pretty standard in the US, as we have discussed countless times before.

If you have a steamer, then use that instead of boiling them as it offers better consistency.

not a faggy euro
I'd rather my eggs be washed and stored in the fridge than having chicken-shit covered eggs kept in a warm pantry

Use fat instead of water as its more dense and comforts the egg during cooking

>How do I prevent my eggs from cracking when I put them in boiling water? The eggwhite is literally everywhere.

i-iiiii-iis that you ja/ck/?

>not a fag
>i want my eggs cleaning for me so i don't get poo and feathers on my hands please nanny
You are quite a large faggot actually

>Boil water
>Turn off heat
>Insert eggs
>cover
>sit 10 mins