Would you recommend Houellebecq? If so, what should I start by him?

Would you recommend Houellebecq? If so, what should I start by him?

Other urls found in this thread:

logger.believermag.com/post/135639859806/parties-without-tears
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I recommend the redpill to everyone I know

Les Particules élémentaires

keep up the good fight my white brother

Deus vult, white brother.

Reminder to Praise Lord Kek!

Whatever

The Map and the Territory is by far my favorite work by him.

The Elementary Particles (Atomized) is good, but a very particular read.

Submission is also bretty good, and relevant to today's politics.

Those are the only ones I've read

I don't want to buy his books cause I'm afraid I'd look like an even bigger sperglord with those on my shelf.

read him chronologically but leave out platform and the possibility of an island

this man knows

Platform is fine. I like when Lionel is swimming like a sick dolphin. Nothing new compared to the 2 previous ones, but it's not a failure.

nope. his works consist entirely of intellectualized r9k-style rants. he's perfect for Veeky Forums really.

I read atomized and whatever when i was a depressed virgin and i felt even worse afterwards.

>The Map and the Territory is by far my favorite work by him.

What do you think about the bizarre second half? I didn't understand that at all. The first half was great fun though.

I read this over a handful of sessions in a music-less break room, always in isolation, as a slightly balding man past thirty, in a grocery store, having used /r9k/ for several years previous. I myself was (am) shortly past thirty, and had been in a few different jobs and posts by now; I knew how to read people with relation to a job function, and in general sociability by this point.

I didn't cry, but it was another nail in my nihilism, let's just put it that way.

What's the context of that? Is it from Escape from Freedom.

Very mediocre writer, but also very popular because of his simple writing style and weak, relatable characters.
Read him only if you are interested in the edgy topics he focuses on.
Also, don't go into the same trap as his rightist fans do, and conflate the characters' and authors' opinions.

Start with this very short essay. You'll see quickly if you like the guy and his prose.
logger.believermag.com/post/135639859806/parties-without-tears

I'm going to read Platform after I'm finished with the book in currently reading because I heard it has sex in it.

>Also, don't go into the same trap as his rightist fans do, and conflate the characters' and authors' opinions.

This is false.

I presume you are referring to Soumission.

The fact is that Houellebecq does shine through in this book and some of its characters, but /pol/acks only get it half right. The reality is that there is a somewhat Nietzschean quality to the work - it is just as critical of 'Last Men' as it is of Islam/Muslims.

Yeah, because we evolved thumbs and learned to jerk off causing beta males to thrive for all of human history.

How important are love, power, fame, and revenge. Is he full of shit or are these the 4 fundamental passions?

No, I was not referring to Soumission.

You both are either retarded or simply don't understand Houellebecq. The Possibility of an Island is his best.

Some french leftist cuck
Throw it into toilet