RECENT PURCHASE THREAD

D-did I get meme'd?

yes

>House of Dicks

yes

why would you buy agape without first reading all of gaddis. you can't do that.

>penguin
>pleb
Not Library of America

>please validate me, Veeky Forums

here

Well, will you?

why

agape agape is terrible culmination of everything that comes before it. it is gaddis swan song to the world. he pent up rage against the hypocrisy of the universe. it is a tour of force that must be read after all his other work. it's true. look it up you fucking idiot. goddamnit why the fuck would you even buy that book if you didn't know that. "omgz a gaddis I must buy it so I look super smart and we'll read in front of /lit". fucking kill yourself man.

im glad to know im not the only fuck that owns like 3 books

he wanted to read gaddis but didnt want to read a long book lol

I was thinking of getting The Nix next. Anyone read it? I know it came out last month but I remember a few anons being hype about the release.

No. Get a life and stop being so insecure.

I will start reading it today, then. Thanks for the recommendation, you fucking sperg.

you can't fucking read agape agape until you have read all his other work. you need to see the other ideas he put out. if you read agape agape first it will just seem like an angry old man blabbering on about how the world changed and left him behind. it has no punch without the other books.

you won't like it!

>Agape Agape
Pretty good. Gaddis' bitterness shows in this work. I think had he written this book before his divorce(s) it would have been better, but perhaps he wouldn't have had the impetus to write it without the divorce(s).

>Pale King
Pretty good, with moments with beauty sprinkled throughout. It's unfinished/unpolished nature shows, still worth reading, especially for DFW fans.

>House of Leaves
A mess. Favoring style over substance, blue font and staccato-ish spacing doesn't save the lack luster story and diction berneath it. The fact this book is regarded as a masterpiece absolutely baffles me.

>blurb on the spine
UGH

Did you just unironically use the term "tour of force"?

God-tier thrift store

Anyone have the first volume?

Where'd u bought all of these? And how much were they?

Local thrift store. It's worth to dig through the books in every thrift store near you. Ask to check in their storage, they might have bunch of books packed away.

$2/per hardcover, $1/per paperback.

House of leaves would make a good short story if you cut out all the gay ass shit about the annoying tattoist chad.

Good point. Why do I wear sock?