Read somewhere that this guy was called 'the last worthy heir to Nietzsche'

>read somewhere that this guy was called 'the last worthy heir to Nietzsche'
>order The Trouble With Being Born
>it's literal shit

Has ANYTHING of philosophical value ever come out of Paris? Anything at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6aqGYYBwKbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lacan

This

Cioran is great lad. What's your problem. You didn't exactly articulate any real complaint

you must lack a sense of humor.

Cioran was an alien trying to convince humans to kill themselves and thereby hasten the conquest of Tellus

Cioran spent xis whole alien life cooped up in a apartment in Paris because xis alien form would be found out if xe went out

Read Precis de Decomposition or whatever thats spelled in french.

Cioran didn't even argue for suicide. He thought it was always already "too late."

>xis

> literal shit

I think someone shat in your mailbox and you mistook it for the book.

plen

I will put my hopes in this, over OP being one of those low-brow "people" who misuse literally

His stance is a lot like Nietzsche's who viewed it as a great consolation simply as a prospect.

It's just grotesque and so painfully overwrought. I don't know if I was reading a weak translation but I don't see how the source material could be anything but ludicrous dreck. There's no music in it, none whatsoever. Nietzsche would have killed himself laughing at it.

Negation and no-saying in the feeblest possible way.

"A man would rather will nothingness than not will." --Fritz

Too true.

Lacan

please fuck off with this shit. Lacan is a bottom tier intellectual and borderline fraud

You are an idiot.

>being this triggered

Seriously, Lacan though. Definitely a (minor) genius.

Lacan is Shit! SHIT!

Lacan is just a bourgeois entertainment for first-world literary types, just such as the ones who inhabit this board, to distract them from their own miserable lives with elaborate discussions! Fuck Lacan!

Do you know how much I hate Lacan?

I hate Lacan, so much, that I will do THIS!

*very gently pours water on your papers and office supplies, slightly re-arranging things

*rambles naively at U about the student revolution for a moment, fresh of a read of SS and actually having gotten pussy by being at the right protest (I have to do more of this!)*

*gently swats at u toward the end and sort of saunters away - all of which has, despite its gentleness, visibly shaken u so that you can barely form coherent thoughts afterwards*

youtube.com/watch?v=6aqGYYBwKbQ

This is where dialectical materialism leads.

I can't decide whether I'd prefer the gas chambers.

Hegelry: not even once

The only good that ever came out of France were the philosophical theologians/Christian philosophers like Marion, Ellul, Maritain, Chardin, Girard, etc.

You didn't need to link the video, honestly, it's a classic

He perfectly articulates tfw post-Wittgenstein imo

classic to you, new to us. I first became aware of it last week, on this very board (either this or Veeky Forums, I view the two boards as being functionally equivalent, fungible spaces). I am quite confident that there are other anons for whom the video is brand new as well, and besides, the point was to give context to my "bit of fun" :^)

Guess who fucking studied at the University of Paris, faggots?

This
/thread

Why are you posting that as if it's a good thing? Aquinas was terrible thinker, who is only held up as being a good thinker because he is of historical interest and churned out a large volume of wrong material, which is grist for the academics' mill.

You are an idiot.

Why was Aquinas a terrible thinker?

>Has ANYTHING of philosophical value ever come out of Paris?

No.

You are an idiot.

I bet you're ugly too.

>hating on based Cioran

umm

>>order The Trouble With Being Born
>>it's literal shit
they literally sent you shit? lol that sucks my friend, want a pdf copy of that? also ask for refund

Why does he have the eyes of that shy dwarf from Disney's Snow White ?

Aquinas and Abelard.

And that's about it.

This.

UMMMMMMMMM

>He reads a translation
>Yet he complains about the style

Dude seriously

"I think therefore I am" is circular. I hope youre not taking Descartes seriously. He was superficial as fuck. The French are inferior to the German in philosophy, thats a fact. Why or how, I dont know. Language, probably.
>tfw memeing myself
and not giving a fuck.

What an embarrassing post.

>Descartes
>Paris

You are a pleb

Lel nice argument kiddo

What about...
post-structuralism?

What about go fuck yourself?

Philosophy post 1900 is a catastrophe.

He's right actually

every time someone implies pessimists are "nietzschean" or "heirs to nietzsche" or whatever I inch closer to agreeing with them on pessimism. A world in which people that stupid are possible seems like it may be the worst world possible.