Do you read literature for fun, Veeky Forums?

Do you read literature for fun, Veeky Forums?

im redpilled

Fun is not the right word.
I love the movie The Thin Red Line, I don't think I would describe it as fun either.

I'm not sure what the right word is though.

tl;dr fun is just a buzzword

the redpill

Yeah, why else would I?

I just like it, even if is not """fun""" all the time

I do it because I need to get into someone else's mind because mine is such a cesspool desu
Also for fun
Also for aesthetic
Trying to explain why I like something is such a pain in the ass, disgusting thread desu

For fun, knowledge and dicussing with people

for fun socializing and a good mental work out, I'm particularly fond of philosophy

I read to get smarter.

I read it to learn about what people act like and to try to understand what it would be like to have experiences, friends, etc.

yeah, that's part of it.

I read genre fiction for fun. I read other books because I want to experience something new and interesting, often ends up being fun too though.

I don't know why I do anything.

Partially. Partially for fun, partially for research, partially for shitposting.
Even the worst literature can influence your aesthetic criteria.

Bingo. I wouldn't say Reading is like Breathing but that's the comparison I'm going to draw. It's hedonism by default, and a kind of camouflage-- I'm often amazed at how lonely and bored many of my acquaitences become when in the very circumstances I am consistently trying to cultivate for my frightningly gruesome self-- being alone.

>I love the movie The Thin Red Line

literal reddit

No, sir. I read because is the most suitable hobby for me. I don't like games, don't like sports, don't like to hang out with friends... It's sad, I know. I wish I had a decent hobby. But reading is all that I got.

And also because once you start buying books, building a personal library and becoming a reader, there's no way out.

Why else would you read it?

>inb4 """"""""""""knowledge"""""""""""

don't kid yourself.

Reddit movies are autistic capeshit or sci-fi. There's nothing reddit about Malick

He's tumblr as fuck though

Point. One becomes addicted to the test.

60% utility 40% fun for me

ofc

it's the best reason to