What is art?

What is art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qqVLygNlGJM
albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.co.za/2014/08/captain-beefheart-it-comes-to-you-in.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You cant say fart without art.

Why does he think it is appropriate to exist looking like THAT

What is?

You may not like it, but that is what peak performance looks like.

>What is art?
that madman's discog tbqf

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag.

>33
Grassterrace confirmed

inhaling your farts and pretending not liking it.

Everyone either holds up Safe as Milk or TMR as his greatest album, but Mirror Man is by far the superior work.

youtube.com/watch?v=qqVLygNlGJM

Maybe it is more solid, but the highlights from TMR are just next level
>tfw the intro of sweet sweet bulbs
hnng

TMR relies too much on the novelty of it for its effectiveness, to me. It has a few great songs- Dachau Blues, Ella Guru, and Moonlight on Vermont being a few- but ultimately its chaotically cohesive style is without substance. Mirror Man is a perfect blend of his experimentation and blues expertise, be it from the long play jam Tarot Plane to the surreal lyrics of 25th Century Quaker. I actually prefer the Mirror Man Sessions to the original work, but as far as studio albums go Mirror Man is Beefheart at his best.
6/10 IGN

cпacибo мypн ьгcp aщшк зкщвгcштп ьy eщ epшы игтв ифиню

Sorry I forgot to change my keyboard.

Art is Veeky Forums not Veeky Forums

It's Beefheart, might as well send them to Veeky Forums you fucking sperg.

>ywn have a name as cool as Don Van Vliet
just shove a molotov up my ass, laddos

I'm sure this response made sense in your head.

Wrong, TMR is one of the most profound albums ever.

I thought the OP said something else desu.

Art is what I don't believe in.

*tips fedora with cigarette, burning a hole*

>but ultimately its chaotically cohesive style is without substance
Yeeeaaaaa, another one naming Moonlight on Vermont and bitching about the rest lol. Casuals I swear.

Art is the attempt at communication beyond words.

Mirror Man is basically normal jam band stuff, which Grateful Dead did better at. Trout Mask Replica is his standalone that puts him above everybody else except for Zappa by embarrassing margins. Safe as Milk shouldn't be discussed anywhere near his best albums. It's basically a way tamer version of what the Holy Modal Rounders were doing with folk-psychedelic fusion only with blues instead. I mean it's pretty good, but it's not the most mind-blowing invention ever.

Trout Mask Replica is mind blowing and is easily the best album of the 1960s.

>Qué es el arte?
Morirte de frío.

Bullshit.

>Safe as Milk shouldn't be discussed anywhere near his best albums. It's basically a way tamer version of what the Holy Modal Rounders were doing with folk-psychedelic fusion only with blues instead
Ludicrous take.

why?

What is a still life trying to communicate?

That depends. What a person wants to communicate doesn't have to be profound. It could be anything from "this reminded me of the time..." to a person's political views.

Communication happens on all kinds of levels, and it doesn't have to be even coherent. Maybe the artist was exceedingly bad at communicating. But that element is still there.

Art is notoriously impossible to define. I've thought about this for years. The only conclusion I've come too is that almost all of what could be defined as art is trying to convey something. Usually an emotion- any kind of emotion. Sadness, happiness, disgust, alarm, what it feels like to sit in a field in summer at dusk. What it feels like to be lonely. That time the artist had lunch with their estranged parent and they didn't fight.

There's a difference between technical art and art, and usually still life, are a practice in what they can- but not always.

what is literature

It doesn't matter, the author is dead

>literature doesn't try to convey more than what is written
ok

The author is not dead. Literary autonomity is archaic.

Conquest and bloodshed

you can't say beefheart without art

Beefheart > Zappa
Pleb

pseud spotted

I disagree with you on TMR but rather than have a pointless argument I thought you might like this

albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.co.za/2014/08/captain-beefheart-it-comes-to-you-in.html

Do his lyrics have literary value?

What?

>muh irony

>I realize I said something completely retarded so to cover my ass, I'll make fun of you for making fun of me.