Good god, this whole series is absolutely awful, how does it get such acclaim?

Good god, this whole series is absolutely awful, how does it get such acclaim?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A
youtu.be/HbAZ6cFxCeY?t=46m55s
hogwartsprofessor.com/literary-alchemy-via-harry-potter-an-introduction/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Read the Culture Industry essay by Adorno and Horkheimer

It's for kids

Because it was a prescient sociopolitical commentary on the circumstances that gave rise to the far right and fascism across the west today, as exemplified by Trump

because my mommy read it to me as a young lad. Comfy memories desu familia

It came out and became popular during the childhood of the millenials. Years later the movies came out, allowing the laziest generation to vacate their imagination and have images thrust upon them. No thinking, only feeling. The childhood imagination they once had, evaporated, and done so willingly. Millions of dollars earned, and celebrities created, we are left with the pieces of a culture so vapid and narcissistic that they would find comfort in a mirror and virtue signalling factory.

Theres nothing wrong with Harry Potter however. They were children's books, and represent the coming of age of what is going to be the worst generation in decades.

The final book came out right when Obama was coming into office.

It gets rave reviews because it's god tier YA. This means that it actually attracts a huge reader base of adults and children. I personally read the entire series, finishing the last book when I was 17 or so. I wasn't really in the YA stage any more but I couldn't stop without the last book. Actually a pretty good series for people who don't read literature.

This is the generation that hates the white male

We are in for dark times, indeed.

Did you actually read the entire series to find that out?

>using the term 'Young Adult' unironically

Your opinion can be safely ignored then.

he's probably a liberal

>Your opinion is different than mine so yours is irrelevant.

There is nothing wrong with the term. Harry Potter dives into themes that would be considered too mature for children but still too PG for adults.

Yeah man
#ImWithHer
#NotMyPresident

Realize that Harry Potter is just another tool to promote white genocide as this poster points out

The heroes of the story are all white. And they all end up having children together.

No, my opinion is different to yours *because* yours is irrelevant.

What you're essentially saying is that they're perfect for immature teenagers and there we can agree.

Yes, exactly.

Do you also hate hungry caterpillar?

marxists from all over the world are demanding that they replace the cast with 'ethnic' characters (see hermone is black fx)

Who gives a shit.

The funniest thing about Harry Potter is that if you apply any sort of Socratic reasoning to it, it falls apart and Rowlings bad writing betrays her
The entire philosophical/moral/political message is that racism is bad
And the metaphor is that fullblooded magicians are white and mud bloods are black or something
And Rowling dismisses any implication that magical purity = magical skill by making the best magicians half bloods

But if that's the case why is there any distinction at all
By her own rules one drop of magical blood is the same as being a full blooded magician, surely everyone has at least a drop of magic blood somewhere in their lineage
Why is magic even hidden from the genetically inferior muggles
Why even make magic genetic at all
Why would Voldemort care so much if it's apparently an objective fact that magical purity doesn't matter

It makes no sense and any attempt at philosophical extraction is retarded

No, but I'd hate anyone over the age of five who thought it worth reading.

That's because it wasn't supposed to be political or have deep philosophical connotations.
It's a fucking children's book.
Btw the most powerful wizard in the book is full blooded(Dumbledore)
The books weren't written in PC era. The books aren't about whatever you think they are about, they are entertainment books.

Good answer. But it's not Rowling's fault right? I mean, you wrote hungry caterpillar you're not going to turn down the success.

Your a fucking idiot man. You can't even read your own reasoning.

>Why would Voldemort care so much if it's apparently an objective fact that magical purity doesn't matter

You mean like in the real world? Where people care about race even though it's an objective fact that purity doesn't matter?

Fucking right-wing loonies, I swear.

Rowling is a pretty good representation of libcucks and the mental gymnastics they have to do to deny racial realism

if you don't think white genocide has been happening since the 60s, you're an idiot

I am fucking proud to be white. I am proud to pass on my white genes that were given to me by my white ancestors who built white civilization.
Does that make me a 'loonie'? Only a liberal could say such nonsense

That's the conclusion I came to
I was responding to someone trying to find some sort of symbolic takeaway from the story

Maybe if you would get off the fucking internet and go start a pure blood white family you could quit worrying about white genocide man.

White genocide is not a purposeful thing, but it is happening. Any class that works alot will naturally experience birthrate decline. While classes of people who don't work too much will breed like rabbits.

First day here pupper?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A

I see what you were saying, you are absolutely right in my opinion.

Wish fulfillment. The whole story is about a kid who finds out that he can leave his shitty life behind, and enter into a world much like our own, but full of magic and adventure. He finds out that he's actually rich, famous and super good at everything even though he doesn't have to try to be, simply because he is special enough. Combine this with the YA writting level and you have a story that basically appeals to anyone.

But Voldemort mortally wounded Dumbledore
And Voldemort was ultimately literally killed by himself and his own excessive power
How is he not the strongest

Voldemort literally runs from Dumbledore.
And Dumbledore played 4DTrump chess to ensure that Voldemort was killed by Harry.

I didn't say he was the smartest, Rowling made him comically dumb

>always thought Rowling was a hack
>listen to Jordan Peterson talk for like 30 minutes about Harry Potter and realize her work is actually steeped in all kinds of mythological and psychological foundations

youtu.be/HbAZ6cFxCeY?t=46m55s

He talks about it before that time too, but it just goes to show there's all kinds of depth here and that the success isn't an accident.

...and there goes any respect I hate for Peterson.

He only kills Dumbledore because Dumbledore gets careless when looking for the Horcrux. Even then, he could have killed Voldemort. It's stated multiple times that Dumbledore is the most powerful and knowledgeable wizard in the world.

It got the character archetypes just right.

>By her own rules one drop of magical blood is the same as being a full blooded magician, surely everyone has at least a drop of magic blood somewhere in their lineage
If you'd actually read the books you'd realize that since this is the case muggles can be magical, Harry's mother for example was a muggle born witch. I guess you could call it a recessive gene.
>Why would Voldemort care so much if it's apparently an objective fact that magical purity doesn't matter
The same reason Trump is screaming about Mexicans? It doesn't matter that it doesn't matter, it's about unifying people behind something convenient, a scapegoat. You don't think Hitler literally thought the Jews controlled the world, did you?

>pride in myself means I have to shit all over other people and deride them for not behaving the way I want them to

>>>/rthedonald/

>ou don't think Hitler literally thought the Jews controlled the world, did you
Youre not on Reddit anymore, your pseudo historical rhetoric will get you nowhere

Your ability to understand politics is comparable to that of a child.

Because it's literary alchemy: hogwartsprofessor.com/literary-alchemy-via-harry-potter-an-introduction/

This.
There's been a near total academic consensus from biologists to anthropologists since the 40s that these pseudo Darwinian conceptions of distinct races are nonesense, but that doesn't stop them being appealing to large sections of the population. Lots of people are just motivated by feels over reals (See /pol/). Even in the early 20th century nazis were not fucking scientists and philosophers.

Inb4 all educated people are Jews/Marxists/self hating whites so their work doesn't count.

explain yourselves

I like Harry Potter. I think it gets a lot of unnecessary hate from people who don't like one of the more blunt morals of the story. If you're racist, I get it, you don't want to read yet another story where racist people are pure evil and there's absolutely nothing justified about their opinions.

I don't think that's all Harry Potter is though. I think it's also about being proactive and searching for the truth. Throughout the series there are a lot of influences that push Harry and his friends to stay out of trouble, not investigate suspicious happenings, and just accept the status quo.

For instance, the other gryffindors accept abuse from Snape as just a fact of life, but Harry has to know why, what's driving him, and why Dumbledore puts up with it. When Sirius Black is on the loose, other students are concerned with the inconvenience caused by the search for Black, or they are scared and only concerned with the potential threat to themselves, but Harry and his friends want to know what his deal is, where he might be, what people aren't telling him.

It's not a super deep intellectual theme but I think it's still a positive thing, a good idea to be embedding in the minds of young people, to question things and seek answers.

Also they rely a lot on mentors in the story, always learning from adults they trust like Lupin, McGonagall and Dumbledore. Trusting the wisdom of elders is a good thing for young people.

I think the villains of the story are rightly criticized for being a bit shallow in their motivations, and this is where the racism thing comes into play. It's especially grating to read shallow villains if those villains are supposed to be you and the people you politically identify with.

But I do think there are some subtleties to the villains that people from Veeky Forums seem to miss. Like that Voldemort doesn't actually believe in the racial purity ideology. He isn't racially pure himself, his only ideology is the pursuit of personal power and immortality. One obvious theme here is that being pathologically afraid of death is cowardly and the central part of Voldemort's psychosis. Harry and Dumbledore, on the other hand, have principles higher than their own self-preservation.

Another aspect to this is that many of the death eaters are insane. A lot of the /pol/ crowd that can't stand Harry Potter's anti-racist message have no problem believing in the possibility that Hillary Clinton, John Podesta, and George Soros, etc are capable of child rape, murder, etc, that they are essentially 1-dimensional villains in the real world, who don't even believe in their cause, only in depraved evil. The death eaters are supposed to be the human traffickers and secret government conspiracies of the world, not your otherwise upstanding parents who are redpilled on black crime rates and occasionally use the word nigger.

They are very good kid/young teen books. The problem is that people try to make them something more than that.

>hungry caterpillar
>not worth reading

consider suicide

>this is the go to 'intellectual' for /pol/
lmao desu senpai

stretched

>worst generation in decades
fuck off, boomer

>implying that latinos don't work

Have fun doing your own manual labour or trying to convince whites to do it for three bucks an hour

>and represent the coming of age of what is going to be the worst generation in decades.
The 2 generations before literally ruined the entire world from a time of inconceivable privilege and wealth. I understand you dislike Harry Potter user, but let's not be fucking crazy.

>Where people care about race even though it's an objective fact that purity doesn't matter?
Purity does matter. At the very least if will result in different skin colours.