"Lets assume a massless rope of infinite length inside of a vacuum..."

>"Lets assume a massless rope of infinite length inside of a vacuum..."

You forgot
>frictionless

You forgot the null thickness.

"assume newtonian physics apply"

I know. Computers aren't real. Did you ever read Turing's description of his machine? He assumes a tape of infinite length. Computers are entirely based on something impossible. They don't really exist.

>Lets assume a massless rope of infinite length inside of a vacuum...

Fucking plebs

>Lets refuse to believe in an object that literally exists

Patrician

>let's assume every single possible variable and make this problem so complicated that you undergrads will never understand this basic concept in trying to teach

Teaching is about trying to make others understand things, it's important to start off simple.

Real computer architectures aren't based on Turing machines you asshat.

Tape can be looped.

>Imagine a 1 sided surface in a 3 dimensional space

Vacuum est in exego cereber. Infinit desert in exego vortex.

If you are still rolling your eyes at assumptions like this I think it's safe to conclude that you have never worked on anything of real significance where you would see the utility. You should assume that negligible things and negligible. If you don't and smugly insist that every real effect should be represented in your model, then for all your effort your results will be behind everyone else in the field who was smart enough to simplify and hand wave. You won't be the one rolling there eyes at that point.

Movere ad X.

judging by your grammar, you'll be rolling up burritos at taco bell.

Movere ad NSA intranet cotii rect lingeror.

>solve this problem
>make sure to remember that this cannot be solved analytically
>hope you have a good cpu in your laptop

Couldn't help but notice you forgot to capitalize Taco Bell as it is the name a business friendo, no problem though, just a slight grammatical error I'm sure you're a super smart physicist working on the worlds problems :^)

>"Solve the problem using [method that takes x1000 times longer then it should if you had used a better method]"

> assumes I'm not already working in my field
Ok boyo, keep working on that grammar. I'm sure it was just extraordinary luck for me to end up in my position, my horrible grammar surely would have fucked me hard otherwise. Best you keep focusing on the things that are important.

What is mapmakers dilemma

which special case of autism is this???

>massless
Only relevant for shit where thr center of mass is located at some point. Do yoy really want to carry some stupid digit when calculating orbits if the center of mass is basically at the sun? If not you basically just assume its homogeneous so its mass is distributed uniformly
>infinite
I've only encountered this aproximation in capacitors and inductors and thats because no one really knows what happens at the borders
>vacuum
If you understand how things fall inside a vacuum you can then just add friction terms based on what you know about fluid dynamics.

In fact, physics itself is about extracting interesting features by selectively ignoring as much as you can get away with.

That's why physical modelling isn't just a simple, mechanical process.

If you're not ready to tolerate seemingly-absurd assumptions, you're always going to be dull, plodding, and largely useless as a physicist.

physics in a nutshell: lets just pretend things exist and see what happens

LOL literal brainlets, a 4-year old can figure this out

i count 4 sides
the top side, the other side, and the two very thin sides

>the two very thin sides
Being stupid enough to think that edges are sides
>the top side, the other side
Nice try brainlet

rigorously give the definition of a side, then

computers can be reduced to turing machines

.. why the tripcode?

That's me and OP's mom every night.

Done. What next?

the end of the rope

Yeah they are, they're just using a RAM model. It's the same computational power.

at max pedantry, there are, at most 2 sides.
they loop