Hey Veeky Forums, what food that is foreign to you have you tried and were surprised you enjoyed it?

Hey Veeky Forums, what food that is foreign to you have you tried and were surprised you enjoyed it?

For me it was when I tried haggis in Scotland

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k07zCHODCkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Durian. Only had it once when some friends brought one over.

The smell wasn't even that bad, I wouldn't describe it as bad either. It smelled sweet and and indescribably rich like an over ripe banana.

I could imagine people losing it over the texture, it felt like an underdone flan with varying levels of softness and thickness. But I'm a fan of custards so I wasn't a stranger to how it felt. The taste was very unique. Overall pleasant, it's very sweet and has a leafy "green" flavor to it. What's surprising is that you never get a hint of the aftertaste until after you've downed it. The aftertaste creeps up on you and reminded me of caramelized onions.

Maybe we had a dud but I doubt it? One of the guys yakked after barely having any and everyone else was spitting up and coughing.

Sounds nice, the aftertaste not so much. Maybe your friends just had different expectations or maybe it was just a dud

pretty much everything
my motto is if some a culture enjoys it, i can enjoy it as well

I've tried pigs trotter once, wasn't sure what it was going to be like but I quite enjoyed it. The only issue I had was I ordered it as my main but it wasn't anywhere near as filling as I thought it would be

Durian just tasted metallic to me, I don't understand people who violently hate it, but it wasn't something I would rush to buy again unless I was in the Philippines

>I don't understand people who violently hate it

Same here. I used to manage a lab that had a whole bunch of Asian employees and they all told me that I just had to try Durian, as it was the greatest thing ever. And then on the other hand you have the legends of it being awful-smelling and beyond disgusting. I bought one and tried it. I figured it would be one of the two extremes. It wasn't. I found it rather meh. Wasn't great, certainly wasn't awful either.

beef cheeks, lengua and buche at tacquerias.

Tripe tacos if done right, (deep fried meat).

chinese pig knuckles, chicken feet dim sum style, and beef tendons/tripe in pho

My boss was an illegal and refuses to eat anywhere but mexican places.... I love slim mexican women, but got I hate Mexicans in America...

The most entitled little pricks that are incredibly racist and get away with being 100% racist towards anyone not Mexican.

That shit looks terrible. Would absolutely refuse to eat.

curried squid and chicken feet from a Dim Sum joint. Both are fantastic. Also menudo (mexican tripe soup).

I tried kimchi today. The idea of it has interested me for a long time buit when I cut open the bag I almost retched. Stuff looked like crap

Turns out it's fucking delicious crap

No you didn't, you never left mommys house. Dickhead. All you autists responded too

I went to Scotland in 2013 with family and tried it then

Pic related

I badly want to try haggis.

It was definitely unique, and delicious. It came out looking like black rice but tasted like meat

I fucking love that stuff, can munch on it all day. And they say its super good for your GI tract.

Yeah I tired it recently, I love spicey tangy stuff so I thought it was great.

Like poster said its a probiotic so adds good bacteria to your body, also really low calory but great filler food.

I am sure you eat some disgusting greasy dishes with cheese like pizzas or lasagnas.You fucking pussy

you can make it yourself, it's nothing but mostly offal and oats
youtube.com/watch?v=k07zCHODCkY

i love sushi rice

it's delicious plain. no need for toppings/fillings, although they make it so much better.

Back before I stopped eating meat, raw fish at a sushi restaurant. Also, mushrooms after rejecting them as a kid.

Sushi rice is really tasty but gets hard too quickly :(

If you don't at least try something you're the worst kind of person. No regrets, you fucking loser

I would tear up your little boy ass if your tried using this logic to my face.

>how would you know you don't like sucking my dick if you don't at least try

There's a difference between eating harmless food that looks "eww gross DX" and sucking a dick you troglodyte

I tried durian once, the smell reminded me of rotten bechamel and the taste made me gag instantly, reminded me of spoiled milk. I am not a picky eater but i couldn't even swallow the first bite. Is liking durian a genetic trait or something?

Durains have multiple variants, some are sweet, bittersweet, or "bitter", and the texture ranges from having a firm skin layer and fiber-ish insides to soft, creamy custard ones.
You might have gotten the bitter one(the taste is kinda hard to describe) or just a dud

i agree with the message but im kinda hipocrite so you know