Exit, pursued by a bear

>Exit, pursued by a bear

what did he mean by this?

>not exeunt

the stage direction is "exit," nerd

Exeunt is only used if there's more than one actor

What did he mean by THIS?

I actually learned something on Veeky Forums today.

The first seal has been broken.

>O suck
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

He was funnin on all that Elisha shit goin down on the God's such a Meany thread still current yesterday.

tru... tru

bump

>O succ
memes have killed literature

lolsorandom the playwright

For the story to work out Perdita has to be raised by the shepard, someone who doesn't know of her royal birth. Thus the bear provides an easy way to knock off Antigonus. Plus, it may be his last full play that he published so maybe he was just having fun with it.

Also: a professor noted once that the theaters that were used to perform plays were also used for "bear-baiting" when plays weren't being performed.

Is that fucking real? Translating the bard into digital slang is literally an exercise my seventh grade english teacher let us do. I say "let" because it was one of the options, and seeing such a notion committed to record made me seethe and nauseate, even as an eleven-year-old proto-pseud

your teacher probably went on to publish emoji Shakespeare after compiling year after year these assignments

Genius! is this how you break into the young adult market? Plagiarizing literal preteens?

Antigonus was going back to Sicilia, the intention was to leave Perdita to die. Antigonus was never going to raise Perdita, there's nothing in the text to suggest as much. He was about to get back on the ship before it crashed. The bear is totally unnecessary.

In the next scene Time could have been like "Oh yeah Antigonus got on the ship and it sunk" but instead Shakespeare has Antigonus see the sink and then get mauled by a bear. Why?

I'm generally against book burning but these sort of translations are cultural sacrilege

>Monster, I do smell all horse piss, at which my nose is in great indignation.

what did he mean by this?

Caliban stinks

why the word "all" tho

Actually Trinculo is talking about himself, Caliban led them all into a swamp (they're all drunk). I wasn't really asking though

Likely connotes 'nothing but'

the globe probably had access to a bear so Shakespeare thought, why the fuck not?