Grafiti from Popeii

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

>I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.

>II.7 (gladiator barracks); 8767: Floronius, privileged soldier of the 7th legion, was here. The women did not know of his presence. Only six women came to know, too few for such a stallion.

Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

I love these. Makes you realize that cave paintings are probably just ancient shitposts. Shitposting has been going on since the beginning of time, pic related.

My favourite is "Let everyone one in love come and see. I want to break Venus’ ribs with clubs and cripple the goddess’ loins. If she can strike through my soft chest, then why can’t I smash her head with a club?"

> SAMIVS CORNELIO: SVSPENDERE.
wew, Romans even had death threats

>II.7 (gladiator barracks); 8792: On April 19th, I made bread

doctor-from-Satantago-tier

>I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

Ancient Veeky Forums

>III.5.1 (House of Pascius Hermes; left of the door); 7716: To the one defecating here. Beware of the curse. If you look down on this curse, may you have an angry Jupiter for an enemy
>II.3.10 (Pottery Shop or Bar of Nicanor; right of the door); 10070: Lesbianus, you defecate and you write, ‘Hello, everyone!’
>V.5 (just outside the Vesuvius gate); 6641: Defecator, may everything turn out okay so that you can leave this place
>Herculaneum (on the exterior wall of a house); 10619: Apollinaris, the doctor of the emperor Titus, defecated well here

What was their fucking problem?

What's with Romans and poop?

Read Suetonius on Vespasian. Every two sentences there's something to do with poo or pee.

>Alexamenos worships [his] God

They experienced a latent anal stage. Hence the rampant homosexuality

I think Mediterraneanites generally like using feces in their insults for some reason. If you're ever insulted by a Spaniard, there's like a 70-80% chance the insult will include some form of "eat shit".

>Chupe mantequilla de mi culo
>Me cago en tu puta madre

I just stared at this for like five minutes thinking about how similar it's drawn to shitty memes today.

fun fact: this is the first recorded piece of 'Christian' art

>Defecator, may everything turn out okay so that you can leave this place
Subtle.

ROMA
O
M
A

Came here to post this

AMOR

BRAAAAAAAAAAP

>He-Gassen (Japanese: 屁合戦, literally: "Fart competitions"), also known as Houhi-Gassen (放屁合戦, "Farting competitions")

nice

also how the fuck did the japanese end up with "gassen" as gas? did they not have a word for it an we taught them it in the edo period or before?

etymology is weird

Gassen is the competition part of the word

>implying plebs were such fine clothes and jewellery

This is amazing.

Miximus in lecto. Fateor, peccavimus, hospes.
Si dices: Quare? Nulla fuit matella.

IVchan