Why do so many millennials believe in horoscopes,pseudoscience and astrology?

Why do so many millennials believe in horoscopes,pseudoscience and astrology?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8dKTYIJK5ek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lack of faith creates a hole that is filled with faith.

>millennials

I don't think it is endemic. The proliferation of the information on the internet seems to be it worse.

This, unironically

Nothing wrong with believing in astrology tbqh. Millenials are obsessed with self analysis and this is just another way to do it.

This. Same with tarot cards. Something tells you a "fact" about you, then you know if you are happy with this attribute or not. In any case it helped you think a little about yourself.

I believe in non-local consciousness. Am I....retarded?

There is no doubt

Believing in astrology means you're extremely unintelligent, so that's something wrong

brb killing myself

>tfw Everettian

woke bros

Consider when millennials were growing up and whos media they consumed during that time. Horoscopes were huge back in the 80's and 90's and a lot of gen xers and even boomers partook. Millennials grew up viewing this and adopted the practice after it was no longer fashionable within the previous generations.

>Why are so many millennishills
>unable to ask anything but vague,
>open-ended clickbait questions?

Millennials do not believe in horoscopes or such where I'm from. You guys from Africa?

It brings order and structure into a life filled with entropy, chaos and fear of the unknown.

>Having casual conversation with a girl
>She seems to really like you
>"What's your sign, user?"
How do you respond, Veeky Forums?

people are arrogant, they think they're foolproof and only dumbos asks questions

STOP

Why do so many autistic Veeky Forumsentists believe in pseudoscience like Myers-Briggs Personality Test? Is it psychosis or mental retardation?

Illusion of control.

Start kicking her in the face over and over until she stops breathing.

I can guarantee user, there is someone out there who believes in astrology that would be more intelligent than yourself.

Juvenoia

Just tell her, you bunch of autistic losers. Who cares if it's real, the sex you'll get is pretty real.

Do you have a source?

Because psychology and sociology aren't mature enough to btfo that shit yet.

Superstition.

>Why do so many millennials believe in horoscopes,pseudoscience and astrology?
They probably don't compared to other generations

Also what do you mean by millennial since I've seen wildly different definitions

>non-local consciousness

What the fuck does that even mean?

Fpbp.
Also, escapism from this economic hell.

"People who believe in nothing will believe in anything."

Frankly, we live in such a cynical age, if it were not for my lucky holistic mood watch, I would not believe in anything at all.

>Believing in astrology is fine cause retards can self analyse themselves

Imaging being this retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=8dKTYIJK5ek

the whole 5 part series is wild, but this one struck me the most.

It has significant predictive power.

It means whatever you can believe it means, man. It's a beautiful thing.

I'm smarter than you, and I believe in it.

Because using celestial bodies as a measurement of time and then proceeding to notice and assume patterns from those cycles isn't inaccurate.

The problem comes in when you try to explain the why. Why is it that when a certain planet is in retrograde that these things happen? Why is it that someone being born into a certain sun sign means they have these particular problems or challenges?

Astrology has been reliably predicting things for a long time but only in a very imprecise way and only because there is a lot of "data" to go on in addition to the inhumanly consistent timing of planetary orbits.

The idea that consciousness isn't born computationally as a result of physical processes inside the brain and rather some wacky physics soul shit. Basically the theists reasoning for us never achieving singularity with AI

because reality is miserably fucking boring and thoughtful beings have to distract themselves to fill the void. Cultural nonsense works very well.

I know one guy that is into spirit rocks

>Why do so many millennials shitpost on Veeky Forums
bcoz nothing else to do?

It's just the modern religion like progressivism

Because living a short painful life in a meaningless, purposeless universe is just unbearable and people search for meaning to try and keep their sanity.