Veeky Forums humour

Post what you get.

ultimate kek

good thread

moar?

Don't understand how this meme grew so popular especially outside this board

>lumping protestants with bible belt baptists

not fair desu

Baptism is an offshoot of Protestantism, an inevitable one at that. Without any central religious authority, anyone being free to interpret the bible however they wish, discard tradition as "false" to suit their tailored religion, the Westboro Baptists are just as "valid" as hippie gay churches.

eugh

the most aesthetically offensive part of that is that his name is torolf

this should be posted on /lgbt/

this definitely isn't lit

it's uh weird

i always lose it at the Julius Evola

Your contact information should be posted on /lgbt/

that's like blaming the orthodox church for c*tholcis though?

2 real

Is this from the actual 50 shades series or is it fan fiction?

It already has
AIDS fetish was a huge meme there like a year ago

Why is fascism always implied to be a bad thing

It can't correct it's own course because it's predicated on a rigid ideology and power, there's no possibility of compromise or negotation with other social forces
Therefore it'll either devolve into barbarism or fail

Worked for Sparta :^)

Sparta is perfect example, they had a brief period of power and then went their rigid ways for another few centuries while slowly slipping into irrelevancy and increased inbreeding
The only reason Sparta has retained any cultural significance is because Athenian and other greek writers celebrated it

my favourite one

You know, I would rather live in another Sparta that thrives for a a hundred years than an Athens that thrives for five

Why in America does no one give a shit what happens to the foetus that grows into a child once it is born? They'll fight for the foetus inside the womb but once it's born they couldn't give less of a shit save a tragedy happening. They don't care if that kid gets adequate healthcare or enough food. Or clean water. Or a good education. Any of it.

Fucking Americans. I'm glad Trump will run the country into the ground. You retards deserve it.

>stereotypes are not reality
This is only the case with political caricatures, such as your image, OP. Every other stereotype is reality.

Fuck Trump and fuck white people

Well the argument is about the child having a chance at life, what it makes of that chance is something else entirely

It would be incredibly boring and dour, Athens sounds better

Stop this.

Are you threatening me master Jedi?

did she get to the bit with the paralysed daughter diddling?

Potential pasta

he was pretty much a young bukowski

Young Ignatius*
ftfy

Can an user please explain to me why people think this is a good book? I read the first chapter and it is horrifically bad.

What is infinite jest

lol it din't.

>Torolf entered her like she was a lottery

fucking kek, 10/10

nice

Burgers really have to be eradicated from the face of the planet.

I suspect it's a meme.

It gets over the top positive reviews from respectable papers and critics though. I've really struggled to understand how people could possibly think this is good literature. I would appreciate a non-memeological response.

I really don't think anyone who isn't a little kid if literally or in the mind cares at all what any of the men on the right have to say.

They are familiar faces that make money off of normal people's stupdity or unfamiliarity in the subject of science.

Well now I'm just sad

just continue reading you fucking plebs. it clicked with me at page 400. around the chapters of james incandenza's youth. finish the novel and then you will know why people like it.

book has 1k+ pages

Can someone give me a quick summary at what the differences between Orthodoxy, Catholicism and Protestantism is? Thanks.

Tradition v. Dogma v. Scripture

if you're too lazy to read then why are you on Veeky Forums? at least shut the fuck up about it you disgusting slob.

So, Orthodoxy is all about keeping the tradition of Christianity, Catholicism is all about the rules and Protestantism is all about the Holy Bible? Then why choose one? Why isn't Christianity a movement on it's own? Why are all the Churches in my neighbourhood either Catholic or Protestant if it makes no difference in their Faith? Thanks for answering by the way. I tried to search this up on Google but I haven't found a decent website which compares the three of them and explains the differences.

>Why isn't Christianity a movement on it's own?
That's the million dollar question. Ideally there would just be one church, catholic in the dictionary sense of the word. Human fallibility has sadly prevented the body of Christ from coming into full communion with itself.

So what is the ''best'' following in your opinion? Orthodoxy, Catholicism or Protestantism? What is more important to you? The scriptures, the rules or the traditions?

Orthodoxy: Christianity as it should be.

Catholicism: Cult of Mary that values church traditions more than word of god. Likes gold hats and prepubescent boypucci.

Protestantism: iconoclastic autists going for sola scriptura, yet missing 14 books of it. Muh unconditional election is the meme of millenium.

catholicism:
pope
adoration of saints
women are nothing in church
protestants:
no pope
no saints
a woman can become kind of a priest

orthodoxy:
mass takes forever
super holy shit
an extreme form of catholicism kind of

Go light a candle for your idol, Ivan.

That's clear thank you for your information.

So you would also agree that Catholicism is blasphemy as it holds too much value for the Pope and it's followers instead of God and His word?

>i literally have no idea what orthodoxy is so let me write some incoherent drivel

You'll never read Gravity's Rainbow with that attitude desu senpai

>gold hats

>gold hats

I take it that you're a Catholic? Why would you say Catholicism is better? I'm trying to get as much of different viewpoints as possible.

I was raised Protestant but attend an Orthodox church. Catholicism is my least favorite (on theological grounds and in practice) but all 3 have their redeeming qualities. imo Orthodox is the best as long as you study the Bible on your own/in a group and don't rely on the pittance sermons offered during the liturgy. If you just want to go to church to learn go to a decent Protestant church. If you want to feel go to an Orthodox church. If you want to be overwhelmed go to a ritzy Catholic church.

>gold hats

Hugely underrated meme image, wow

Thank you for your answer. I have been praying for almost 10 years now but I have never attended a church before in my life. I want to take my faith to the next level until I found out that there are three different kinds of churches out there. I was raised by atheist parents sadly so I never rolled into anything.